• Forbidden Parenting: Removing Children from Good Parents Based on Societal Norms - NOT Abuse

The government sometimes arrests parents for giving kids responsibility. In South Carolina, mom Deborah Harrell was jailed for letting her 9-year-old daughter play in a park for the day. A police interrogator lectured Harrell: "You can't leave a child who is nine years old in the park by herself. What would you do if some sex offender came by?" Yet despite media scare stories, kidnappings are extremely rare and are way down. But the state wasn't okay with Deborah's parenting. Not only was she arrested, but Regina was taken away from her for weeks Deborah was charged with "willful abandonment of a child," which carries up to a 10-year jail sentence. Fortunately, attorney Robert Phillips heard about her case and found it so outrageous he took it for free.

Read full story...

• Forbidden Parenting: Removing Children from Good Parents Based on Societal Norms - NOT Abuse

Normally I would agree with the "statistics" but I do not. The FBI is purposely deflating the incidences of attempted kidnappings and disappearances of children, they've done this for years.

These days, you don't know who is your neighbor. When we were kids, there were several attempted kidnappings in our area, and this was the middle class suburbs. One was my sister, another was my friend's sister. A guy I dated said that his uncle (who was a drug addled pervert and also the head of the local tax office) got in trouble in our borough trying to lure some young boys into his van. A girl got raped in the woods behind our house, and there was a serial flasher going around exposing himself to us. None of these were EVER reported in any of the crime blotter or news, period. Why? Because they want the illusion of safety and low crime in the 'burbs.

Kids need to be taught what to look for and when to run and scream and how to fight back. We aren't living the way things were 100 years ago, where everybody knew each other, and any strangers were immediately spotted. Even back then things happened. Sex trafficking in children (especially foster kids who go missing by the thousands every year!) is finally becoming more discussed, but this is not some remote danger. It is being covered up just as much today as it was when I was a kid. To think that your child is safe by themselves all day is foolhardy. These are not the "good ol' days". I don't think it's right to arrest a parent who is letting their kids play outside. But, you have to teach them how to get away from perverts and sickos who are all over the place. Just because you don't have a "Megan's Law" offender in your 'hood doesn't mean they aren't there. It usually takes a sex offender 50 times before they are caught, and even then sometimes they are never found out.

I live in Seymour MO right in the middle of the largest Amish settlement in the state.
    I admire the behavior and the responsible nature of the Amish children. One young boy about 10 hitches up the buggy and drives he and his brothers and sisters to the one room schoolhouse about 4 miles from their home.
    IF CPS applied their rules constantly every single Amish child would be taken. That is a fact.
    Try and drive your children around in the middle of winter in an uncovered vehicle and see what CPS does.

Geez, when I was a kid I rode my bike across town to play with a friend when I was eight years old. When I was nine I would ride my bike alone to the store and back. That was in the 1980s.

They say they are protecting parents from their children being kidnapped - BY KIDNAPPING THEM. They are what they claim to be protecting people from.