• 4-Month-Old Arizona Baby Dies After Being Taken from Mother and Put into Home with Two Foster Dads Who Adopted 18 Kids

Reporter Dianna M. Náñez brings us the tragic story of a 4-month-old baby girl who was loved by her parents, but taken away by Arizona CPS and given to a foster home where two gay men lived, and who have adopted 15 kids. The little baby girl died last week when one of the foster dads left baby Samora in a hot car for hours, allegedly forgetting that she was still in the car. According to the report in the Arizona Republic, the foster dad has not been arrested. In fact, the Arizona Republic has written very positive articles about the gay couple describing how they are wonderful parents. In all the years I have been covering medical kidnapping stories out of Arizona, I don't recall another case where a child died in foster care and the local media decided to write positive articles about the foster parents who had custody of the child and neglected to keep the child safe. The mother claims the baby was taken away because the baby allegedly tested positive for drugs, even though she herself tested negative for any drugs. And like many other medical kidnapping stories we have covered, this mother had other children in the foster care system that had also been removed from her home, and she was allegedly told that because of this fact, this little baby would be taken away from her also.

Read full story...

• 4-Month-Old Arizona Baby Dies After Being Taken from Mother and Put into Home with Two Foster Dads Who Adopted 18 Kids

I know exactly how some feel that the CPS is not doing their jobs and take away kids and babies that are doing okay, and yet leave children that ARE really high on drugs from their parents - or have drugs in their systems from being carried by the mother that is taking drugs. Welfare does nothing.

I have a family member that was abused severely as a young child and is mentally unstable and has to be on strong medications for the rest of her life. She started getting pregnant at about 18, had two young boys, both born with medical disabilities they will have the rest of their lives, they were placed in foster care because she could not take care of them - then she was made to sign over her parental rights so they could be adopted. Then she had two more boys, both with medical disabilities for the rest of their lives - they are in foster care, then she had a miscarriage at 5 months of pregnance, and lastly she had a little girl, whom she still has at home, and she has medical disabilites for the rest of her life. Where were the doctors that were allowing the girl to keep having these babies - they should have done a tubal ligation after the first one. And she is still trying to have another baby, but I think and hope that her body is not allowing any more. She still lives with the boyfriend who is also memtally challenged and takes strong meds. But the welfare continues to allow her to have custody of the last baby, even though the parents are very volatile and very violent towards each other and the baby.

I would move from leaving Arizona

Something is not right here. So many parents waiting for babies yet this over loaded couple gets a four month old? Whose paying who? We dont know the full story here, probably never will know. Sad the kids pay the price.

The baby died because some social work decided it was appropriate to place an infant (presumably labelled special needs, which requires more funds ) in a clearly overloaded 2-adult home with 15 kids. After all, how would the public ever find out?

A very typical refrain by social works who remove kids from parents is that they are “overwhelmed”, suggesting that by putting them in foster care, they are doing the parents a huge favour providing free care (“free” 24-hour care on the taxpayers dime, of course).

The newspaper that published the positive story likely has CPS running advertising, spending money that would be cut if a negative story was published. That is something worth following up, to see if the news outlet EVER publishes negative articles.

Imagine if COS abided by daycare licensing restrictions the limited the number children allowed per adult. It would have been a nightmare to locate and place all 15 kids in separate foster and group homes

I think that they sound take away all of the adoptive parents kids. They in a sense killed these people's child. What makes them (the 2 gay men) the better choice of parent???

I don't get it. Bio parents are frequently charged for leaving kids in the car, even if the kids weren't harmed. But somehow it's different when it's a foster parent. Ugh.