• Texas Judge Chastises CPS but 4-Year-Old Boy Still Not Returned to Family

On Friday, August 9, a status hearing was held in the Pardo case where the court considered what action steps would have to be taken before Drake could be sent home. Judge Tracy Gray, the same judge who signed the original emergency removal order on June 20, presided over the case. The tone of the hearing was strikingly different than the post-removal July 2 hearing presided over by Judge Michael Chitty, which Senator Bob Hall described as an “egregious injustice.” Judge Tracy Gray chastised CPS for the ridiculous list of requests included in their report to the court. Judge Gray threw out every item challenged by the family’s attorneys, ordered CPS to “expedite” their efforts to place Drake with family or friends, and to start allowing the family to bring a third party witness to visits with Drake, something CPS has prohibited thus far. While the hearing was a great success for the family, there is still a long way to go. Judge Gray clearly appeared frustrated by CPS’ brazenly unconstitutional requests (like a court-ordered admission of guilt). This offers a ray of hope that CPS may not be able to continue getting away with their illegal actions.

Read full story...

• Texas Judge Chastises CPS but 4-Year-Old Boy Still Not Returned to Family

Admin said:

On Friday, August 9, a status hearing was held in the Pardo case where the court considered what action steps would have to be taken before Drake could be sent home. Judge Tracy Gray, the same judge who signed the original emergency removal order on June 20, presided over the case. The tone of the hearing was strikingly different than the post-removal July 2 hearing presided over by Judge Michael Chitty, which Senator Bob Hall described as an “egregious injustice.” Judge Tracy Gray chastised CPS for the ridiculous list of requests included in their report to the court. Judge Gray threw out every item challenged by the family’s attorneys, ordered CPS to “expedite” their efforts to place Drake with family or friends, and to start allowing the family to bring a third party witness to visits with Drake, something CPS has prohibited thus far. While the hearing was a great success for the family, there is still a long way to go. Judge Gray clearly appeared frustrated by CPS’ brazenly unconstitutional requests (like a court-ordered admission of guilt). This offers a ray of hope that CPS may not be able to continue getting away with their illegal actions.
    1. I'd like to start off saying that I'm going through a similar situation my daughter's husband was on drugs and he called CPS on his own children he fled to Georgia and has not had to do anyting my daughter had her kids taken from her illegally and then they're placed into a shelter separated past 5 drug screens hair follicle and urine and they still won't return her kids but they can't find any reason why they were taken in the first place they said she was neglectful that she left her kids with her husband while she went to work on knowing that he was on drugs so that was neglecting her part because she should have never left her kids with her husband while she had to work because he did not want to and yet CPS is done nothing right in this case I do not understand why they are allowed to continue to make up their own rules and break laws of Texas and no one give them any consequences for their actions they just continue to do what they want something's got stop I don't know who to talk to to reach out to we hired a lawyer the lawyers and everything possible that he knows how to do please help me