• Florida Governor Signs Bill to Legalize Growing Food on Your Own Property

Gov. Ron DeSantis signed SB 82, legislation protecting the right of all Floridians to grow vegetables and fruit on their own property. For one Miami-area couple, this represents the end of a years-long struggle that started when their town ordered them to dig up the garden they had been growing for 17 years. Starting July 1, any local ordinance that expressly limits or prohibits growing vegetables on one’s own property will be “void and unenforceable.” In 2013, the Institute for Justice (IJ) filed a lawsuit on behalf of Hermine Ricketts and Tom Carroll seeking to strike down the Village of Miami Shores’ prohibition on front yard gardens as an unconstitutional violation of property rights.

Read full story...

• Florida Governor Signs Bill to Legalize Growing Food on Your Own Property

EXCUSE ME?!?!?! This is America. If I want to grow food on property I own then no "authority" is going to stop me. They should NOT need a governor to sign a state law for this.

At least they now have a governor who recognizes and values the Constitution and the idea of liberty. Of course, Jeb couldn't have done that because that family with all its politicians never cared enough.

What the H**L have we let happen to our country?