• CDC: Flu Shot Less than 10% Effective at End of Flu Season

Last week, officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced that the new estimate for the effectiveness of the influenza vaccine during the second half of the 2018-2019 “flu season” was only nine percent. That’s pretty bad even by influenza vaccine standards, which are notoriously poor. Since the 2004-2005 season, the CDC has judged the influenza vaccine to be more than 50 percent effective only four times—52 percent in 2006-2007, 56 percent in 2009-2010, 60 percent in 2010-2011 and 52 percent in 2013-2014. In other words, the vaccine has been more than 50 percent ineffective nearly three out of every four years.

Read full story...

• CDC: Flu Shot Less than 10% Effective at End of Flu Season

I left working in long term care years ago b/c of the mandatory flu vaccine. I live in CO so we were the first state to mandate this. I am now a holistic nutritionist and couldn’t be happier but I still miss working in long term care so I decided to volunteer. Well just yesterday I received information in an email from the CO NVIC that they are trying to pass a law that ANYONE in a health care setting including volunteers must get the flu vaccine.and most people are still blinded and think this is in the best interest of the elderly residents.