• 100 Percent of Oat Products Tested Positive for Weedkiller Glyphosate

Oat-based foods, such as oatmeal, cereals and bread, are considered by many to be a healthy dietary addition, but if you eat such foods know that you’re probably getting herbicide residues along with them. In testing done by Friends of the Earth (FOE), 100 percent of oat cereal samples tested positive for residues of glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup herbicide.

Read full story...

Good exposure of the true state of affairs. Judging from the other responses I would have to say the American public and representatives of the company are totally bias and even brainwashed. The canola oil was marketed costing more than product development (in the figure for PD). Of course the stupid consumers pay dearly for this. The unethical lobbyists tell the State Senators to tell the USDA to allow pesticides on everything. Help the poor farmers they say. Grow more and feed the world. Well most developed countries ban our poisoned crops (unless bribed). $

How far back is this toxin found? Days? Months? Years?

Are the Grocery stores taking these products off of their shelves?

Can we return them for a refund?

Has the U.S.Food and Drug Administration declared the OAT products hazardous to our health?.

MORE info needed, PLEASE.

LindaEGT

Hi,

I had posted your article on our Common Ground magazine FB page and received a comment from a reader saying that she looked through the whole article for at least one link to the studies, and found none. Can you shed some light on this as I too am questioning now why there is none?

Suzan

suzan said:

Hi,
    I had posted your article on our Common Ground magazine FB page and received a comment from a reader saying that she looked through the whole article for at least one link to the studies, and found none. Can you shed some light on this as I too am questioning now why there is none?
    Suzan

It is in the footnotes of the original article. We have now added a link in the body of the text.

https://foe.org/food-testing-results/

Editor, Health Impact News

It doesn't mention organic oats. Why??

David said:

It doesn't mention organic oats. Why??

Organic oats are mentioned in the article:

"

Oat-Based Foods Marketed to Children Contain Glyphosate

EWG also commissioned independent laboratory tests to determine how much glyphosate is lurking in the U.S. food supply. Forty-three out of 45 food products made with conventionally grown oats tested positive for glyphosate, 31 of which had glyphosate levels higher than EWG scientists believe would be protective of children’s health.2

Examples of foods with detectable levels of glyphosate include Quaker Dinosaur Eggs instant oatmeal, Cheerios cereal, Nature Valley granola bars, Quaker steel cut oats and Back to Nature Classic Granola. Further, out of 16 organic oat foods tested, five contained glyphosate, although at levels below EWG’s health benchmark of 160 ppb."

Check the "REFERENCE" section at the bottom of the article for links to the actual results from the studies and brands tested.

Ellen said:

I would love to have a complete list of the products tested

Check out the Refernces at the bottom of the article.

I would love to have a complete list of the products tested

I hope in time that you make gluten-free oats that have also been tested for glyphosate! As for the part in the article about the diapers (and other sanitary undergarments), hopefully Tropical Traditions can ramp up their testing and make their own brands of these products.