• The End of Scientific Integrity? Cochrane Collaboration Expels Critic of Big Pharma - 4 Other Board Members Resign

Dr. Peter Gøtzsche recently sent out an email to the public explaining that he is the first person in 25 years to be expelled from the Cochrane Collaboration. He writes: "No clear reasoned justification has been given for my expulsion aside from accusing me of causing 'disrepute' for the organization. This is the first time in 25 years that a member has been excluded from membership of Cochrane." Four other board members have resigned from the Cochrane Collaboration as a result of this action. Health Impact News has covered the work of Dr. Gøtzsche frequently over the years, as he is an outspoken critic of Big Pharma, referring to them as "organized crime." He is author of the book, "Deadly Medicines and Organized Crime: How big pharma has corrupted healthcare." The Cochrane Collaboration is considered to be the "gold standard" in scientific integrity, but they have come under fire recently for what appears to be biased reviews influenced by the pharmaceutical industry. They received a $1.15 million "gift" from the Bill

Read full story...

• The End of Scientific Integrity? Cochrane Collaboration Expels Critic of Big Pharma - 4 Other Board Members Resign

Admin said:

Dr. Peter Gøtzsche recently sent out an email to the public explaining that he is the first person in 25 years to be expelled from the Cochrane Collaboration. He writes: "No clear reasoned justification has been given for my expulsion aside from accusing me of causing 'disrepute' for the organization. This is the first time in 25 years that a member has been excluded from membership of Cochrane." Four other board members have resigned from the Cochrane Collaboration as a result of this action. Health Impact News has covered the work of Dr. Gøtzsche frequently over the years, as he is an outspoken critic of Big Pharma, referring to them as "organized crime." He is author of the book, "Deadly Medicines and Organized Crime: How big pharma has corrupted healthcare." The Cochrane Collaboration is considered to be the "gold standard" in scientific integrity, but they have come under fire recently for what appears to be biased reviews influenced by the pharmaceutical industry. They received a $1.15 million "gift" from the Bill

It has been known (to a few individuals) for many years that Cochrane is a conflicted organization, which for instance is itself plagued by vested interests --- https://www.supplements-and-health.com/vitamin-benefits.html

Yet that knowledge and those people purveying that knowledge had been mostly ignored or dismissed as spreading false claims or delusions against the sterling reputation Cochrane has been enjoying for years in the public's mind.

From the other side of the globe... I too am disappointed at what amounts to a successful - scientific AND Personal - assassination , based on the same qualities of school-yard bullying. Indeed, it would appear that the more academic the institutions, the more amoral and infantile is the behaviour.

In recent times we see the same kind of (un) professional war being waged on any scientist / Doctor who breaks ranks with mainstream orthodoxy and proves a cure or amelioration of deadly conditions *without* the use of drugs.

Prof. Tim Noakes in South Africa being attacked - yet vindicated in open court - for his observance of a fundemental scientific principle that the 'beliefs must follow the facts' and Dr Fettke in Australia, found guilty & "executed" * in camera * for the heinous sin of "Inapproriately reversing a patient's Type 2 Diabetes.."

And taking him off his diabetic (and some other) meds. . . I think I $ee a pattern.

Admin said:

Thank You Dr Gotzsche for your candid explanation. The financial interest are obviously the God worshiped by Cockrane.