• Medicalized Homicide: Euthanasia’s Moral Abyss

Belgium legalized lethal-jab euthanasia in 2002. Since that time, medicalized homicide has grown increasingly radical. Now, MercatorNet has published a story based on a translation of the “Belgium Federal Commission on the Control and Evaluation of Euthanasia” — the nation’s official report on patient-killing by doctors. It makes for very chilling reading.

Read full story...

Fine - this is a problem when the person to be euthanized is not asking for that. But - I personally WANT to be able to just get off the planet when I am no longer able to take care of myself - what is wrong with that - ? It is no-one else's business when I go, and certainly I do not want anyone else making that decision yes/no FOR ME !!! How dare you - this is my personal life, when I have decided that it is time to go, I want to make that decision, by myself, with full knowledge that I have had a great life, a great family whom I adore, and the prospect of dwindling slowly in a bed, reliant on the good wishes of people to whom I am simply just another body, makes me feel really threatened !!! Leave me free to choose my own fate, and let me release my space for someone else to enjoy - I consider that a gift from me to the world, wishing this beautiful orb all the very best. And I hope to be able to check on it from wherever I find myself once I have gone over - if there is any afterlife, of which there is no certainty - just because we think we are individually important, does not make that the truth ! I wish actually there were a way to just go 'poof' - gone without having to leave an actual body behind, an annoyance to be sure ! No fuss is my preference !

Veronica said:

Fine - this is a problem when the person to be euthanized is not asking for that. But - I personally WANT to be able to just get off the planet when I am no longer able to take care of myself - what is wrong with that - ? It is no-one else's business when I go, and certainly I do not want anyone else making that decision yes/no FOR ME !!! How dare you - this is my personal life, when I have decided that it is time to go, I want to make that decision, by myself, with full knowledge that I have had a great life, a great family whom I adore, and the prospect of dwindling slowly in a bed, reliant on the good wishes of people to whom I am simply just another body, makes me feel really threatened !!! Leave me free to choose my own fate, and let me release my space for someone else to enjoy - I consider that a gift from me to the world, wishing this beautiful orb all the very best. And I hope to be able to check on it from wherever I find myself once I have gone over - if there is any afterlife, of which there is no certainty - just because we think we are individually important, does not make that the truth ! I wish actually there were a way to just go 'poof' - gone without having to leave an actual body behind, an annoyance to be sure ! No fuss is my preference !

Veronica,

No one here is arguing about what you do with your own life. It is when a physician gets involved and makes decisions that we start down a slippery slope, and doctors should NOT have the authority to make those decisions.

Doctors take an oath to heal, not kill.

Editor, Health Impact News