• Parents Lose Custody of Disabled Adult Son for Questioning Psych Drugs

Medical kidnapping can happen to adults as well as children. Health Impact News has reported a number of adult kidnapping stories over the years. Some involve senior citizens. Others, like this one reported by ABC News in Raleigh, North Carolina, regarding 24-year-old, Ian Bankert, involves the seizure of adult children with mental illness or disability from their parents who have loved, raised, and cared for their children their entire lives. Doctors (mostly psychiatrists) and courts have the power to step in and take over the entire lives of such individuals, isolating them from their families and ultimately deciding every aspect of their care. Ian's parents became concerned about the doctors "overprescribing him with medication," a concern which is shared by many parents and patients, and watchdog groups. Doctors recommended "more medication and long-term care," but his parents, according to ABC11, "instead insisted that a good diet, exercise and faith could restore Ian's sense of self." Ian's story is another in a long list of cases where the financial and academic interests of one group - psychiatrists and public guardians - are pitted against the civil rights and familial interests of individuals and their families. The long arm of the state again overrides the decisions of parents who know and love their son and want what is best for him. They do not believe that locking him away from his life and loved ones and drugging him are the answer.

Read full story...

• Parents Lose Custody of Disabled Adult Son for Questioning Psych Drugs

After reading this article about these parents in regards to their disabled adult son, it brings to my mind of what I have been going through with my daughter (now an adult) and my sister. In my case, my daughter (with a learning disability) was 15 at the time the court took away my daughter in Nebraska, during the time of relocating to a neighboring state. The court and the judges seem to be more persuaded towards so called "experts", to pinned "medical neglect" on a parent(s). She was so traumatized by this, she too was forced on harmful medication and still is. Only thing is, over time, I discovered that my oldest daughter in another state is her appointed guardian as well as her payee. She had moved my youngest daughter further away from me after she graduated in 2011. I'm told by my youngest daughter (now 26), her sister has threaten to turn her over to the state of Arizona, if I was to intervene. I have backed off because I do have some communication with my youngest daughter and for the past 3 years, she's been living in an apartment on her own. So for that, I'm grateful. Though with my sister, is totally different. Once again, the so called "expert" has tried to pinned "medical neglect", by me, not giving my sister her medications. But the Wyoming court failed to realized that, my sister was her own guardian, so to speak, because the guardian order I had over her in Nebraska was dismissed in 2013. The other this is, the question that the Judge did get to hear was "how could a person give medication to their family member without a doctor prescribing medication?" My sister"s doctor didn't have her on any medications in 2014. So the judge, behind closed door, not hearing the other side, order her to be removed from her own home against her will. Then in 2015 ordered a company or organization, to be her guardian. She was placed in a nursing home, and still is, in Wyoming. Her home state is Nebraska. She has gone through the court on her own twice, and the judge has denied her released of the guardianship order and an appointed representative to fight for her. So currently her situation is still the same. The judge continues to deny her every time. So I'm hoping to step in for her to dispute the false documents that court had been reviewing these last 3 years. I know what it's like to fight the court system, its hard.