• State-funded Foster Care and The Church: Part of the Problem, NOT Part of the Solution

Lisa Wheeler of the National Review, a "magazine of conservative opinion" founded in 1955 by William F. Buckley Jr., has just published a commentary entitled "Pro-Life Should Include Foster Care, Too," criticizing American churches for not participating more in state-sponsored foster care programs. We beg to differ. In our years of covering state-sponsored child kidnappings and trafficking through foster care, the modern day American corporate church is part of the problem, not the solution. In fact, much of the philosophy behind modern child welfare social services can be traced back to Christian Church-based social services. All of the atrocities that we have documented and are happening in foster care today, from child kidnapping, to emotional and physical abuse, to using children for drug trials, to child sex trafficking - are also happening in Christian Church-sponsored foster care institutions. As good and noble as the solutions proposed by Wheeler and others at the National Review may sound on the surface, we must look deeper. We must recognize that the proposed solutions will not only not solve the problem but will, in fact, only serve to enable a system that ultimately destroys families and devours children. What we have come to recognize is that the good, well-meaning people in churches and in society have become pawns in a huge, wicked, corrupt system that profits by stealing children and trafficking them through the Child Welfare system. The church ENABLES the destruction of children and families, as they believe the lies told by the propaganda of the Child Protective Services, foster care, and adoption industry.

Read full story...

• State-funded Foster Care and The Church: Part of the Problem, NOT Part of the Solution

I was so glad to read this article! It spoke to what I have been feeling for a long time... and where I see the real answers. As a member of the body of Christ, I have had a heavy heart regarding the "call to Christians" to become foster parents as their "duty" and their responsibility.

Tearing families apart is not the answer, and any Christian who truly wants to help children and do what is in the "best interest of the child" should be willing to "foster families" not just the children! What I mean is that as a Christian, one should do whatever one can to help the WHOLE family and help them stay together. I really believe this is God's will concerning families in need... not separating the children and causing trauma and emotional abuse. God is in the RESTORATION business!

And on that note, let me add, do not wait till you think you have it together, or have a surplus to offer before you step in and help. Answer the call before you! God WILL supply ALL your needs when you are doing His will! You do NOT need government funding to take care of a family in need!

I have had this "argument" before with well-meaning Christian foster parents that they are for the children and for restoring the family and are only being foster parents "because it's BETTER if a loving Christian family takes these children in then some pervert." And while this is true... it is still not the answer. Why not help PREVENT a family from ending up in the system, rather than putting a band-aid on a gangrenous wound?

And when asked if these foster parents would do this if they didn't get "paid" to do it... they say yes. Well then... my plead is... JUST DO IT! Take in a family... even if it literally means taking them into your home. Foster the family... and see what God will do! We as the BODY can literally change this paradigm by flipping it upside down... and through TRUE LOVE (not tied to ANY government funding) and PRAYER, we can start to heal this nation, family by family!