• The Drugging of American Seniors: Big Pharma Profits Depend on Sick Seniors

As the "baby-boomer" generations move into their senior years, they are seen as a "cash-cow" for pharmaceutical companies. For example, it is estimated that about one out of every four Americans over the age of 55 are currently being prescribed cholesterol-lowering statin drugs, in spite of the evidence that these drugs do not prolong lifespans, and have very serious side effects. Studies have confirmed that dementia, especially early onset dementia, is often caused by too many pharmaceutical drugs. A Harvard Medical School publication, "Guide to Coping with Alzheimer's Disease," states: "Medications are common culprits in mental decline. With aging, the liver becomes less efficient at metabolizing drugs, and the kidneys eliminate them from the body more slowly. As a result, drugs tend to accumulate in the body. Elderly people in poor health and those taking several different medications are especially vulnerable." As people age, they wind up taking, on average, more than four prescribed pharmaceutical drugs daily. Many of these medications are for heart disease prevention by lowering cholesterol and also for lowering blood pressure. These drugs are intended to be taken till death. The side effects from those drugs alone can create the need for more prescriptions. The pharmaceutical business model depends on sick customers staying sick, not healing them.

Read full story...

As a senior "baby boomer", or so I am reminded every day, I will not be a cash cow to the drug companies. I learned a lot about this watching my grandparents and parents basically murdered by drugs. And as far as cholesterol? it's the glue that holds us together. If high, a reason. Stop with the messing of mother nature. I eat whole foods, most I raise myself, I haven't wasted 1 dollar on an MD since the mid 1990's, I have never had an MRI, Cat Scan, Colon scan, vaccination, or DRUGS Aka pill for an ill. I plan on being one of these over 100 yr. olds when asked the secret to longevity and I will tell it like it is. Stay away from "modern medicine" if you want to live. Eat real food and skip the canned, boxed, bottled and bag we get tossed as a healthy choice. Then enjoy the money they won't get!

This is excellent writing. We need a lot more of it. Well done!