• Mom Stands Up to Dental Bullying When Dentist Threatens to Call CPS Over Missed Dental Appointment

Is Medical Kidnapping now spreading to the dental profession? Parents all over social media are in an uproar over a letter posted by a Pennsylvania mother from her children's dentist office. Smiles4Keeps Pediatric Dentistry sent a letter to a mother threatening to call Child Protective Services if she did not schedule a dental appointment for her child. The dental office staff has responded to the post and comments with a post of their own, defending their actions as being their legal obligation. Instead of quieting public fears, the response appears even more disturbing to parents, who are accusing the dental office of "bullying," and "blackmail." Are dentists to become "mandated reporters" simply because a parent chooses not to bring their children in for regular dental checkups every six months, or because parents may choose a different dental practice that is not approved by the current dental practice? Is this really grounds for Child Protection Services to come in and remove children from their families and start an investigation?

Read full story...

• Mom Stands Up to Dental Bullying When Dentist Threatens to Call CPS Over Missed Dental Appointment

Erika-roller said:

In 2015 I was arrested for my first time. I had just had my children's father pick up our youngest son to go visit him & his two older brothers in Oregon (I live in Washington) on a Tuesday, and was arrested that following Friday. I had no idea why I would have a warrant for my arrest as well as the officers did not either because the only info Oregon State gave them was that I was a fugitive of Justice. After a few events it came about that my mother in law & the boys father wanted me out of their lives (he was an absent figure & his mother is bat shit crazy). Come to find out my mother in law did research & found out she could have the dentist file a complaints to CPS that I had missed an appointment I had been trying to get my son to to have work done that had to be done at the hospital so he could be asleep during the procedure (he was 4) but I kept missing it because the father refused to take us there (I didn't know how to drive as well as was desolute consistently raising our 2 boys while pregnant with our third while he was out & about drinking, doing drugs, & cheating on me). Long story short the dentist went with my mother in law's insisting. The state treated me like a monster (no prior CPS involvement) & claimed my son was in pain & that his life was in danger (which neither were even near the truth). So here I am, after more than two years of geieving, paying the courts for it all, as well as have been on probation.
    My only regret in life is that I didn't stand up & call bullshit. I sat with glass between my 5 minute public defender hearing him tell me that I was facing up to 20 years & that I should take it because my mother in law was the main witness.
    I wish I wouldn't have cowered in fear. If I hadn't I would be enjoying my boys first days of school. I would be enjoying my youngest learning how to talk. I would be meeting teachers & watching the boys activities. I would be hearing my son's wishing me a good night & how much the love me while I put them to bed.
    Instead I've been enduring horrific night terrors pertaining to my inability to care for my children in my sleep. I've been as insecure as fathomable. I've spent a year replaying my home videos & looking through all of my pictures; to the point where I can't bear looking anymore... In fact the sight of any child brings so much saddness & heartache because I find myself comparing their ages to my own boys & picturing the development I've missed out on & will miss out on.
    God bless you for standing up. Much love & support sent your way & all other victims of medical kidnapping.
    💚

Dear Erika, I am so sad to read your story. I am a nurse and not able to work at this time for health reasons, however with 27 years of experience under my belt I can for sure tell you that you need to get with an organization that will help you pro bono or for the publicity your case would bring. These orgs are out there. Try ACLU, and maybe they can point you to some other helpers. If you are a minority you may be eligible for more help. I would start spending this time researching what is available in your area. If I was closer I could help but I’m on the other side of the country. You need a real good “ball cutter” attorney. Does your ex have any assets or value? Did he pay child support on time or not at all? All these things you need to keep a book on as well as all your contacts with himand his mother. When you’re ready to fight,then get up there and do it! I’ll be your cheerleader! And offer any pertinent advise that may help. Don’t give up on your babies. Don’t leave them with a druggie father. Stay strong.-Sara

Teri-VanBritsom said:

I am VERY disappointed in Ross Wezmar....this IS dental bullying...and as an activist in Monroe County, I am appalled by such an incident. This is NOT ok, and personally I think we should protest.

I see you feel my rage…!

Original post here:

https://www.facebook.com/treyplay/posts/1015614910...

SKennedy said:

I can tell you that after I laughed in their face - I would have given them my opinion. This is the most unbelievable story I have heard in a long while. I hope they go out of business. They should be investigated by the state for Medicaid fraud.

Well, I am the one who received the letter…and I did better then just give them my opinion. I posted their borderline illegal letter on facebook!

Original post here:

https://www.facebook.com/treyplay/posts/1015614910...

I think a child's dental records are the property of the parents! The dentist office has no right to withhold her child's dental records until she provides the name of the new dentist. She should be able to go to the dental office, sign a release, and take possession of her child's records.

I have changed dentists several times over the years and have always picked up my records from the dentist office and kept them at home until I chose a new dentist and personally gave my records to the new dentist.

What that Pediatric dentist office is doing is bullying and I would stand up to them, too!

According to experts in economy, the U.S. has moved away from a truly free market system. The majority of us have failed to notice that much like we have failed to or chose not to notice multiple laws that have been introduced by our elected officials to over-write the Supreme law of our country.

"Why the U.S. Cannot Be Considered a Free Market Economy"

LINDA said:

I would turn the tables on that dentist and say, my kid said u were sexually molesting them! NO child under 18 should see any doctor or dentist without a parent present, they r trying to pull this crap for medicaid fraud, doing unnecessary procedures to kids baby teeth racking up medicaid insurance fraud, no kid needs dental procedures on baby teeth, they fall out! And I wouldnt trust any of these perverts with my kid alone, we have left many dental offices due to these fake rules, no parents allowed, see ya, no fluoride either tell them they r allergic, its poison, no selants euther more poison, no xrays for kids until 2nd teeth start coming in and then only once a year or every other year, STAND UP and TELL them, dont let them tell you ANY CRAP.

If you read their Google reviews, there is at least one review out there that states the did a procedure after a Mom told them not to do it TWICE. So yeah, it's all about the money.

A couple of things worth mentioning here:

1. Act 31 just says licensing boards must ensure providers who are mandatory reporters have training in recognizing abuse and requires providers to submit proof of the required training. Nowhere does it address actual reporting or what abuse and neglect is. http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/LI/ucons...

2. Dental neglect, as defined by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, is the “willful failure of parent or guardian to seek and follow through with treatment necessary to ensure a level of oral health essential for adequate function and freedom from pain and infection.” Dental caries, periodontal diseases, and other oral conditions, if left untreated, can lead to pain, infection, and loss of function. These undesirable outcomes can adversely affect learning, communication, nutrition, and other activities necessary for normal growth and development.

I am 41 years old and have not seen a dentist since I was a teenager. I eat a crappy sugary diet, brush twice a day and do not floss. I do not have pain, infection, any oral conditions and am fully functional. So by the AAPD definition ,just having your children brush twice a day is adequate care to not be considered dental neglect.

I would turn the tables on that dentist and say, my kid said u were sexually molesting them! NO child under 18 should see any doctor or dentist without a parent present, they r trying to pull this crap for medicaid fraud, doing unnecessary procedures to kids baby teeth racking up medicaid insurance fraud, no kid needs dental procedures on baby teeth, they fall out! And I wouldnt trust any of these perverts with my kid alone, we have left many dental offices due to these fake rules, no parents allowed, see ya, no fluoride either tell them they r allergic, its poison, no selants euther more poison, no xrays for kids until 2nd teeth start coming in and then only once a year or every other year, STAND UP and TELL them, dont let them tell you ANY CRAP.

In 2015 I was arrested for my first time. I had just had my children's father pick up our youngest son to go visit him & his two older brothers in Oregon (I live in Washington) on a Tuesday, and was arrested that following Friday. I had no idea why I would have a warrant for my arrest as well as the officers did not either because the only info Oregon State gave them was that I was a fugitive of Justice. After a few events it came about that my mother in law & the boys father wanted me out of their lives (he was an absent figure & his mother is bat shit crazy). Come to find out my mother in law did research & found out she could have the dentist file a complaint to CPS that I had missed an appointment I had been trying to get my son to to have work done that had to be done at the hospital so he could be asleep during the procedure (he was 4) but I kept missing it because the father refused to take us there (I didn't know how to drive as well as was desolute consistently raising our 2 boys while pregnant with our third while he was out & about drinking, doing drugs, & cheating on me). Long story short the dentist went with my mother in law's insisting. The state treated me like a monster (no prior CPS involvement) & claimed my son was in pain & that his life was in danger (which neither were even near the truth). So here I am, after more than two years of geieving, paying the courts for it all, as well as have been on probation.

My only regret in life is that I didn't stand up & call bullshit. I sat with glass between my 5 minute public defender hearing him tell me that I was facing up to 20 years & that I should take it because my mother in law was the main witness.

I wish I wouldn't have cowered in fear. If I hadn't I would be enjoying my boys first days of school. I would be enjoying my youngest learning how to talk. I would be meeting teachers & watching the boys activities. I would be hearing my son's wishing me a good night & how much the love me while I put them to bed.

Instead I've been enduring horrific night terrors pertaining to my inability to care for my children in my sleep. I've been as insecure as fathomable. I've spent a year replaying my home videos & looking through all of my pictures; to the point where I can't bear looking anymore... In fact the sight of any child brings so much saddness & heartache because I find myself comparing their ages to my own boys & picturing the development I've missed out on & will miss out on.

God bless you for standing up. Much love & support sent your way & all other victims of medical kidnapping.

💚

Deanna said:

If this were my dentist even if I did not receive this letter I would dump them immediately and let them know why. This is why I quit taking my animals to veterinarians about twenty years ago other than emergencies. They started to get really weird as if they owned my pets and started bullying. This guy has a serious God complex and I would not let him touch me. This could be stopped right now across the country if all his patients dropped him NOW. The impact would put others on notice that they are providers of a service-no authorities.

WWhy are people so ready to follow rules. Afraid they won't get their medicine. They have given complete power to insurance companies and Drs. Control is what they have

Big brother again. Everybody is acting like they did in Germany. Tell everything you know. They have to obey the law. Turn the children. And 4 more years would have had it all.

If this were my dentist even if I did not receive this letter I would dump them immediately and let them know why. This is why I quit taking my animals to veterinarians about twenty years ago other than emergencies. They started to get really weird as if they owned my pets and started bullying. This guy has a serious God complex and I would not let him touch me. This could be stopped right now across the country if all his patients dropped him NOW. The impact would put others on notice that they are providers of a service-no authorities.

I am VERY disappointed in Ross Wezmar....this IS dental bullying...and as an activist in Monroe County, I am appalled by such an incident. This is NOT ok, and personally I think we should protest.

This is preposterous! I don't understand the legality of this? If, somehow, this is legal, I would like to know how that came to be? We, as a people are quickly losing our rights in this country, especially our medical rights. We need to share these things with others to alert them.

On one of those numbers the receptionist fought to defend this letter! Wow! Hope people wake up to the fact that our medical community has sold out to CPS and is feeding children to a harmful and deadly system.

Considering my dentist when I was a kid gave me fillings I probably didn't need (he was convicted of fraud by other patients about a year after we started seeing someone else) and those silver mercury fillings are now poisoning my body, I cant tell you this really pisses me off. Not being able to be in the room with your child, not being able to meet the dentist, to look at the records yourself, to be threatened... that is outrageous. And Dental visits can become expensive really fast, I don't understand the need to report someone when they might be doing their best. Or taking their child elsewhere because you're a creepy dental office.