• Steemit Group Raising Funds for "Family Protection" - Who Are They?

The "Fake News" wars are raging in full force these days, as the corporate-sponsored "mainstream" media fights to hang on to its influence in American culture, using the term "Fake News" to refer to anyone outside of their influence who publishes material contrary to their own agendas. They are exerting extreme pressure on social media giants such as Facebook and Google-owned YouTube, where the term "Fake News" is being used to censor content that they deem "fake" or "false." As a result, many are looking for alternative platforms to exchange the free-flow of information without centralized authoritarian censorship based on political views and ideology. A new kind of social media platform that was started in 2016 is Steemit, which is based on "blockchain" technology, the same technology used for cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin. There are many advantages advertised for this new technology, and because it is "community-driven," it is seen by many as an alternative to current social media networks that are controlled from the top down, which can lead to censorship based on the political views of those who control the platform. Health Impact News recently joined Steemit, and we found a group that calls themselves "FamilyProtection" publishing stories and negative experiences with child social services such as we publish on our MedicalKidnap.com website. However, when we tried to learn more about this group, we were met with resistance. We asked some simple questions about who ran the group, because they are actively soliciting funds for "FamilyProtection" and have already collected donations exceeding $29K. Do you use Steemit?

Read full story...

Why demand your inf yet deny giving theirs... I am not giving my money to some anonymous group.

@Brian said:

@SOCKY said:

@Brian said:

thethreehugs said:

@familyprotection is one of the most caring and sharing groups I have ever run across and I personally have no respect for your or your organization anymore. @familyprotection has helped every person who has shared their stories and written post in an effort to get the word out all around the world to help educate people on cps corrupt system. I personally donate 40% of my income from ALL of my posts to @familyprotection based simply on the fact they they are giving back more than any other community on this platform. I did this on my own accord as I believe in what they are doing and it is my way of showing my appreciation. It is a shame you have to be such a jerk in your demands as you could have been a big help to this community and could have been making money off your posts instead of wasting your time on your attacks! Shame on you. Have you even taken the time to read any of the posts and replys? Obviously not. I personally are muting you and recommending others do the same. I honestly believe you have an ulterior motive for doing this but that is up to you and your conscience and frankly that does not matter to me. Your bullying needs to stop!!
    Thank you for your comments. I am still at a loss as to what is referred to as "attacks" and "bullying" when all we did was ask some questions about a group soliciting donations for "family protection."
    I understand from your comments here and on Steemit that you like Steemit, and you like this group, and that you have said we don't belong there.
    We are going to leave your comment here available to our readership so they can see for themselves how we are being addressed by this Steemit group.
    We have been exposing CPS corruption and helping many many people for over 3 years now, but we are not soliciting funds for ourselves, and our identities are well known.
    When you say "they are giving back more than any other community" perhaps you can enlighten us just what they are giving and to whom?
    Those are natural questions to ask of any organization soliciting funds for a cause.

Well. Brian, I can say that MedicalKidnap.com is an exceptional resource and one of the few credible resources available for parents and advocates fighting against CPS/Family Court corruption. I am sorry that you have been attacked in this way. Please do not let it discourage you from continuing your work to uncover the corruption and unlawfulness that is running rampant through Child Protection Agencies and the Family Court system.
    I will give you my experience with this @familyprotection group and why I choose to have nothing else to do with them for the foreseeable future. I too have a Steemit account that I used to advocate for CPS exposure. I hadn't used it lately, but I was there the other day and saw this group. I read something from them and when I made my posts I used a tag that they were using. I can't remember now what it was, maybe #familyprotection. Well, I guess they thought they had "ownership" of that tag and started messing with me.

I still plan on using Steemit, but I will not be choosing to interact with that particular account and will definitely not be recommending them to any other families or advocates. If there is a mute or block option on Steemit, I will be employ it for them as I do not trust them to not attack MY account.
    I also plan on getting more active on Gab.ai.
    Again, thank you for all that you do and all of the hard work you pour into helping families!

Bite me once, shame on you. Bite me twice, shame on me.
    Steer clear of @familyprotection is my advice.

Here is a recent interview Victurus Libertas did with Terri LaPoint. Sadly, Victurus Libertas got their YouTube channel shut down and are currently working on rebuilding:

Thank you for your reply. It is a shame that this group seems so closed and protective. I am sure there are many good people in it all fighting for the same cause as we are.
    We are not sure yet if we are going to invest much time trying to build up a Steemit account or not. One of the aspects of the Steem blockchain that was attractive to us was d.tube, an alternative to YouTube and hopefully beyond censorship.
    What is your experience with Gab.ai? Who runs it? I don't think this is on a blockchain, is it?

Brian, I understand about wanting to get established on Steemit. It is bothersome that someone in the community has the ability to discredit someone in the way it is set up. I just went and looked and it seems you can "mute" someone, but not "block". It is my understanding that this will keep you from having to listen or see someone, but that they will still have access to be able to downvote at their preference. I went back to check what exactly the interaction was with the @familyprotection group and took screenshots of their comments to me. @MarkWhittam is listed as the creator of the group. It looks as though they didn't like me using the "familyprotection" tag on my posts.I will attach the screenshots.

As far as Gab, the owner seems nice. His name is Andrew Torba. I have had good interaction there. I have not looked into their new video capabilities enough to comment yet, but what I have heard about it is positive. I don't know if they intend to utilize blockchain. I think at the moment they have it constructed so that people can "tip" you for your work. Here is a video I found that is titled:

Andrew Torba - Gab's Blockchain & ICO Mission to Secure Free Speech Online, so it sounds like it is in their plan

Here is a good breakdown of the company:

https://www.startengine.com/gab-select

Thank you again for all you are doing here at MedicalKidnap.com. Terri LaPoint was "there" when my own children were kidnapped, as well as others at MK, and I am grateful for that. What you are doing is important and much appreciated! Keep up the fight.

Concerning @familyprotection, here is a comment that I wrote specifically to the creator @MarkWhittam.

Here are the things that were written to me:

The posts that are being commented on are still on my Steemit page at @NoLongerIgnored.

@SOCKY said:

@Brian said:

@SOCKY said:

@Brian said:

thethreehugs said:

@familyprotection is one of the most caring and sharing groups I have ever run across and I personally have no respect for your or your organization anymore. @familyprotection has helped every person who has shared their stories and written post in an effort to get the word out all around the world to help educate people on cps corrupt system. I personally donate 40% of my income from ALL of my posts to @familyprotection based simply on the fact they they are giving back more than any other community on this platform. I did this on my own accord as I believe in what they are doing and it is my way of showing my appreciation. It is a shame you have to be such a jerk in your demands as you could have been a big help to this community and could have been making money off your posts instead of wasting your time on your attacks! Shame on you. Have you even taken the time to read any of the posts and replys? Obviously not. I personally are muting you and recommending others do the same. I honestly believe you have an ulterior motive for doing this but that is up to you and your conscience and frankly that does not matter to me. Your bullying needs to stop!!
    Thank you for your comments. I am still at a loss as to what is referred to as "attacks" and "bullying" when all we did was ask some questions about a group soliciting donations for "family protection."
    I understand from your comments here and on Steemit that you like Steemit, and you like this group, and that you have said we don't belong there.
    We are going to leave your comment here available to our readership so they can see for themselves how we are being addressed by this Steemit group.
    We have been exposing CPS corruption and helping many many people for over 3 years now, but we are not soliciting funds for ourselves, and our identities are well known.
    When you say "they are giving back more than any other community" perhaps you can enlighten us just what they are giving and to whom?
    Those are natural questions to ask of any organization soliciting funds for a cause.

Well. Brian, I can say that MedicalKidnap.com is an exceptional resource and one of the few credible resources available for parents and advocates fighting against CPS/Family Court corruption. I am sorry that you have been attacked in this way. Please do not let it discourage you from continuing your work to uncover the corruption and unlawfulness that is running rampant through Child Protection Agencies and the Family Court system.
    I will give you my experience with this @familyprotection group and why I choose to have nothing else to do with them for the foreseeable future. I too have a Steemit account that I used to advocate for CPS exposure. I hadn't used it lately, but I was there the other day and saw this group. I read something from them and when I made my posts I used a tag that they were using. I can't remember now what it was, maybe #familyprotection. Well, I guess they thought they had "ownership" of that tag and started messing with me.

I still plan on using Steemit, but I will not be choosing to interact with that particular account and will definitely not be recommending them to any other families or advocates. If there is a mute or block option on Steemit, I will be employ it for them as I do not trust them to not attack MY account.
    Again, thank you for all that you do and all of the hard work you pour into helping families!

Here is a recent interview Victurus Libertas did with Terri LaPoint. Sadly, Victurus Libertas got their YouTube channel shut down and are currently working on rebuilding:

Thank you for your reply. It is a shame that this group seems so closed and protective. I am sure there are many good people in it all fighting for the same cause as we are.
    We are not sure yet if we are going to invest much time trying to build up a Steemit account or not. One of the aspects of the Steem blockchain that was attractive to us was d.tube, an alternative to YouTube and hopefully beyond censorship.
    What is your experience with Gab.ai? Who runs it? I don't think this is on a blockchain, is it?
    Brian, I understand about wanting to get established on Steemit. It is bothersome that someone in the community has the ability to discredit someone in the way it is set up. I just went and looked and it seems you can "mute" someone, but not "block". It is my understanding that this will keep you from having to listen or see someone, but that they will still have access to be able to downvote at their preference. I went back to check what exactly the interaction was with the @familyprotection group and took screenshots of their comments to me. @MarkWhittam is listed as the creator of the group. It looks as though they didn't like me using the "familyprotection" tag on my posts.I will attach the screenshots.

As far as Gab, the owner seems nice. His name is Andrew Torba. I have had good interaction there. I have not looked into their new video capabilities enough to comment yet, but what I have heard about it is positive. I don't know if they intend to utilize blockchain. I think at the moment they have it constructed so that people can "tip" you for your work. Here is a video I found that is titled:
    Andrew Torba - Gab's Blockchain & ICO Mission to Secure Free Speech Online, so it sounds like it is in their plan

Here is a good breakdown of the company:

https://www.startengine.com/gab-select

Thank you again for all you are doing here at MedicalKidnap.com. Terri LaPoint was "there" when my own children were kidnapped, as well as others at MK, and I am grateful for that. What you are doing is important and much appreciated! Keep up the fight.

Concerning @familyprotection, here is a comment that I wrote specifically to the creator @MarkWhittam.

Here are the things that were written to me:

The posts that are being commented on are still on my Steemit page at @NoLongerIgnored.

Is there any policy written on Steemit regarding the use of hashtags? Can someone actually own a hashtag?

Editor, Health Impact News

@SOCKY said:

@Brian said:

thethreehugs said:

@Brian said:

thethreehugs said:

Brian said:

Sounds to me like this is another "facebook" nazi.... Seem to have ulterior motives.. Why demand your inf yet deny giving theirs... I am not giving my money to some anonymous group

AGREED! Very quick to demand info but refuse to give any...things that make one go "hmmmm"...

Sounds fishy! Who in their right mind would donate their hard earned money to a group that we know little about, especially one that’s run by anonymous individuals. Whatever their agenda is, it will be revealed in the future. Watch and listen. Thanks for the notification.

thethreehugs said:

Admin said:

The "Fake News" wars are raging in full force these days, as the corporate-sponsored "mainstream" media fights to hang on to its influence in American culture, using the term "Fake News" to refer to anyone outside of their influence who publishes material contrary to their own agendas. They are exerting extreme pressure on social media giants such as Facebook and Google-owned YouTube, where the term "Fake News" is being used to censor content that they deem "fake" or "false." As a result, many are looking for alternative platforms to exchange the free-flow of information without centralized authoritarian censorship based on political views and ideology. A new kind of social media platform that was started in 2016 is Steemit, which is based on "blockchain" technology, the same technology used for cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin. There are many advantages advertised for this new technology, and because it is "community-driven," it is seen by many as an alternative to current social media networks that are controlled from the top down, which can lead to censorship based on the political views of those who control the platform. Health Impact News recently joined Steemit, and we found a group that calls themselves "FamilyProtection" publishing stories and negative experiences with child social services such as we publish on our MedicalKidnap.com website. However, when we tried to learn more about this group, we were met with resistance. We asked some simple questions about who ran the group, because they are actively soliciting funds for "FamilyProtection" and have already collected donations exceeding $29K. Do you use Steemit?

i requested 3 months ago to make an account in this, suspicious i see now, platform and they never answered me!

Sounds to me like this is another "facebook" nazi.... Seem to have ulterior motives.. Why demand your inf yet deny giving theirs... I am not giving my money to some anonymous group