• After Public Outcry Oregon Judge Orders Children Returned to Parents with "IQ Too Low to Parent"

In a dramatic turn of events, an Oregon judge has ruled that the children of Amy Fabbrini and Eric Zeigler must be returned home. They were taken by Child Protective Services on the grounds that their parents' IQ was too low to parent. There was no abuse. No neglect. There were only allegations by social workers that they were not clever enough to be parents of their own children. The boys, ages 4 and 10 months, were each seized within days of their births. The state had every intention of terminating their parents' parental rights and adopting them out. Health Impact News was the first to investigate and report their story. The public was rightfully outraged that the state had such unrestrained power, and word of their story spread into the mainstream press.

Read full story...

• After Public Outcry Oregon Judge Orders Children Returned to Parents with "IQ Too Low to Parent"

What was done to this family is sickening and horrific. Thank you God for your intervention. The part in their story that it is a bad thing their parents helped with the mortgage reminds me of how the opposing attorney in my case tried to spin my court hearing. In my case I was a bad mother because I and the kids had not spent the previous Christmas with my parents who live on the other side of the state and during a harsh winter. No questions why or what kind of relationship we have or anything (not that it matters anyhow in the real world when determining whether someone is a good or bad parent), just the fact that we had not spent the previous Christmas together with my parents proved I was somehow abusive to my kids. When the opposing attorney asked me when I was on the stand "Did you and the kids spend last Christmas with your parents?" without thinking or hesitation I blurted "I don't know what that has to do with anything." Well, the judge's face turned bright red and he yelled at me so loud he was spitting at me "It doesn't matter what YOU think. Just answer the question." I will never forget that. My parents were there too and were never called on or questioned. So the court and social workers will use it both ways, depending which way it supposedly makes you look "bad." You can be made a "bad parent" if you do not spend a Christmas with your parents!

I am so happy for this family!!! If they need help, they have parents or grandparents to help them through. This was so wrong on the highest levels!

These children were solely taken away for money and greed. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the health or protection of the children. The sooner people close down this cps or whatever they are called ...we will finally get back to doing what we need for the children..we need orphanages brought back within communities. Once we rid ourselves of the intrusion of government oversite and no money is any longer involved..the children will get help. This is really big money these organizations are receiving...it connects to mental health, child protection, children services, money for the foster homes, money for the mental health people, money for the child endangerment, money for the discipline services...this is so much bigger than people realize and all the while it is the parents and children who suffer. They blame anything they can on the parents to try and make it stick...once you prove them wrong on one thing they go to the next thing...kind of like they are doing with Muller and Trump as we speak...look how much money Mullers' team is making...well these organizations are making money hand over fist.

Wonderful!

So happy reading about this victory. There were many times when my children wanted chicken nuggets, and they were given! I would always read to my kids in the evening hours, after dinner, that would be snuggle time.

I wonder why social workers believe they should dictate recreational or reading times with other people's children. Are they that rigid?

Sometimes I wonder what planet these social workers flew in from. Beam them up Scotty!