• Indiana CPS Drops Case Against Family Giving Daughter Hemp Oil for Epilepsy

Last month (September 2017) we published the story about Jaelah Sue from Indiana, and the struggle her parents were having with CPS and Riley Children’s Hospital in Indianapolis over her medical care. Jaelah Sue was diagnosed with epilepsy at Riley Children’s Hospital, and her parents had great success in allegedly reducing her seizures from 50 a day to 2-4 a day using CBD Oil (also known as “Charlotte’s Web Hemp Oil”). CBD Oil is made from hemp (not marijuana), which is not psycho-active (produces a "high") and is legal in all 50 states. Doctors from Riley Children’s Hospital allegedly did not approve of the parents' use of CBD Oil, and allegedly told the parents they were "killing their daughter" and reported them to CPS for medical neglect. CPS then forced the family to put Jaelah on a dangerous drug that gave her a negative reaction. Indiana for Medical Freedom, a group that has advocated for the Jerger family, has reported that CPS has closed the case, due to refuted evidence.

Read full story...

I have been to State , local, Mental, Police, professional licensing. This is a circus. I have been fighting for three years. Altoona,PA

This is a huge cover-up with psychiatrist, nurses, police mental health, cps,judges, residential treatment facilities. This is a mother trying to do the best for her child and when you try to go up against what you know is wrong for your child and it is common sense, this is a tactic to get the mother to shut-up and out of the picture. After this goes on for years it is long and complex and an Attorney wont take these cases on because it takes a lot of money to uncover this complexity. This is going on in Altoona and Pittsburgh. I have tried to find a lawyer. it so complex like she was describing. The system made it that way for her. Now they have Forensic psychiatrist working in the hospital and cps to make it harder to fight.

This is VERY surprising to me as CPS in most cases always win in so called family (KANGAROO) court, I am so glad that the parents won, the state should not be able to force parents to do what they know and feel is right, CPS workers in most cases don't have children and have NO clue as to how to raise them, with the so little training they get, they are not qualified to make these sort of decisions, when is it right that the state can come into your house and kidnap your children with impunity with no proof of any wrong doing??? This immunity MUST be taken from CPS as that will insure that they follow the law and force them to do what is right.