• Study: Cholesterol-lowering Statin Drugs May Cause Parkinson's Disease  

A Penn State Medical School epidemiological study, reported by Science Daily, is urging physicians to not prescribe statin drugs for Parkinson’s disease symptoms. Evidently, due to earlier studies, cholesterol reducing drugs were considered preventative of Parkinson’s disease. Amazingly, this practice had been going on for some time, thanks to several questionable, and conflicting studies of statin use and Parkinson’s disease. The most recent study was conducted at the Penn State College of Medicine earlier this year (2017.) Their conclusion asserts that statin drugs should not be used as a Parkinson’s disease (PD) preventative. A previous study claimed patients who stopped taking statin drugs were more prone to Parkinson’s disease, thus statin drugs were helpful for preventing Parkinson’s. The Penn State study provided evidence that the opposite is true. Statin drug use can lead to Parkinson’s disease.

Read full story...

William-Sturm said:

I wish to add a few words to this discussion.

In 1978 I had a cholesterol reading of 243. The USAF had a program for me. I said, "no thanks". In exactly 3 weeks with a modification in my diet the official reading at the same location was 170. I was stunned when no one was interested in what I did. "The didn't practice that kind of medicine there." I wrote a letter to the Belleville New-Democrat stating the cholesterol was a hoax. This was long before these deadly drugs were developed.

Some happy information to report at this Moment in Time. On May 21, 2017 the Washington Post reported on the most important breakthrough in 300 years. Call up: " Washington post and lymphatic". Experiment with mice proved their were many lymphatic channels "in the brain". Many dread diseases could be avoided if the lymphatic system was properly activated. (They indicated sleeping on your side was the way to detoxify the brain!) There is a better way. Small exercise trampoline with a light 5 minute bounce once a day get the detoxification going using gravity. Also, as a bonus 'side-effect' this is a perfect exercise for every cell in the body! Happy healthy cells make for a happy healthy body.

Now, what are we going to do with all those drugs, Doctors and hospitals?

I now add to my previous post! Here is a list of the dramatic diseases that may be wiped out using the small trampoline with a light bounce 5 minutes a day........

Alzheimer's, M.S., Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury, Huntington's, Parkinson's, Neuro-Degenerative Diseases, Autoimmune, Glaucoma, Floaters, Optic Nerve and Migraines.

What are we waiting for? Why isn't this being shouted from the housetops? Why would anyone live another day without trying to prevent just one of these conditions? How about preventing Alzheimer's?

We have the cure for the failing National Health Care debacle.

wb

I wish to add a few words to this discussion.

In 1978 I had a cholesterol reading of 243. The USAF had a program for me. I said, "no thanks". In exactly 3 weeks with a modification in my diet the official reading at the same location was 170. I was stunned when no one was interested in what I did. "The didn't practice that kind of medicine there." I wrote a letter to the Belleville New-Democrat stating the cholesterol was a hoax. This was long before these deadly drugs were developed.

Some happy information to report at this Moment in Time. On May 21, 2017 the Washington Post reported on the most important breakthrough in 300 years. Call up: " Washington post and lymphatic". Experiment with mice proved their were many lymphatic channels "in the brain". Many dread diseases could be avoided if the lymphatic system was properly activated. (They indicated sleeping on your side was the way to detoxify the brain!) There is a better way. Small exercise trampoline with a light 5 minute bounce once a day get the detoxification going using gravity. Also, as a bonus 'side-effect' this is a perfect exercise for every cell in the body! Happy healthy cells make for a happy healthy body.

Now, what are we going to do with all those drugs, Doctors and hospitals?

Nothing really new with this finding because the most reliable evidence has long tied statin use with brain dysfunction, memory problems, muscle disorders, liver damage, cataracts, nerve damage, arterial calcification, pancreatitis, erectile dysfunction, diabetes, and with an increased risk of cancer and higher mortality.

It is even less of a surprise if you know how statins cause serious damage...

The physiological mechanisms of how statins do serious damage are well understood, such as by their impairment of oxidative cell metabolism, the increase in inflammation and cell destruction, the lowering of cholesterol and sex hormone production, the promotion of pancreatic injury, etc. - rather thoroughly explained in this scholarly article on how statins, and a cholesterol-lowering popular diet pill, promote diabetes at Garcinia Cambogia Side Effects Mimic Statin Side Effects - look at Figure 7 to see how irrational it is to block the production of cholesterol!

It is important for the public to recognize that most of the "scientific" research in favor of cholesterol-lowering statins is flawed and fraudulent (read Dr. Uffe Ravnskov's work).

Also, older people with HIGH cholesterol live longer than those with low cholesterol levels (see above mentioned article for numerous scientific study references confirming this).

Statins do more harm than good (read Uffe Ravnskov's "The Cholesterol Myths" and Malcolm Kendrick's "The Great Cholesterol Con"). It's one of many "scientific" scams of the mainstream medical business.