• Psychiatric Hospital Chain Under Department of Defense

The U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have joined the multi-Federal agency investigations into the largest psychiatric hospital chain owned by Universal Health Services (UHS). In April 2017, Senator Charles Grassley, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, also called for a federal probe into UHS’s behavioral facilities, describing one Tulsa, Oklahoma facility, Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health, as having “a pattern of conduct that is extremely concerning and casts a dark cloud over UHS’s ability to properly care for its patients.” In 2010, the Citizens Commission on Human Rights International (CCHR), a 48 year mental health watchdog, began documenting abuses that employees and former employees of UHS psychiatric facilities, patients and their families reported to it. CCHR has filed more than 4,000 complaints to law enforcement, health officials, state FBI agencies, Federal and State legislators, and to the state branches of Tricare. The UHS scandal is symptomatic of a system that there are insufficient controls and accountability, where fraud can be committed against government programs, and those responsible continue to operate, including the psychiatrists treating hundreds of thousands of Americans in such facilities. CCHR continues to call for not only Federal and State investigations but effective action that shuts down a failed and abusive psychiatric-behavioral system that seems to put profit before patients.

Read full story...

• Psychiatric Hospital Chain Under Department of Defense

the MAIN PROBLEM remains that there is basically NO ENFORCEMENT of the laws protecting the patients

AND NO ENFORCEMENT OF THE LAWS PERTAINING TO FRAUDULENT REPORTING RECORDING BILLING etc. FRAUD regarding medicaid and medicare are both state and FEDERAL CHARGES--overstays are ALSO VIOLATIONS OF RIGHTS ON THE FEDERAL LEVEL WITH SEVERE PENALTIES.

PARTICIPATING IN FRAUD ALSO CARRIES SEVERE FEDERAL PENALTIES--get the damn LAWS ENFORCED.

why does it take YEARS to get verdicts, PRISON time,fines etc ? Violations and billing fraud DO NOT TAKE YEARS TO SORT OUT.--- did it ever TAKE THE IRS YEARS TO AUDIT ?

THESE ALLEGED PROTECTIVE AGENCIES SHOULD ALSO BE INVESTIGATED THE SAME AS ALL THEY DO IN TEXAS IS PROTECT EACH OTHER and i would think that WHAT GOES ON IN TEXAS GOES ON ELSEWHERE.

ARE PAY OFFS INVOLVED WHEN VIOLATIONS ARE NOT ADDRESSED ? HOW DOES THIS CONTINUE ?

WHAT IS THEIR RESPONSE ?not enough staff or funding ? AUDIT THEM.

MY REMEDY ? unification of the psych courTs with the state courts, making it ONE SYSTEM to sort out ILLEGAL DETENTIONS VERSUS COURT ORDERED LEGITIMATE hospitalizations--that ends over billing right there and ENSURES TIMELY DISCHARGES--psych hospital PULLED THIS CRAP WITH MY OWN SON AND THEN DISAPPEARS HIM IN A FORM OF ADULT FOSTER CARE WHERE THE 1 WAREHOUSING HIM RECEIVED EXCESS OF 2GS a month--think right up to NATIONAL DISABILITY RIGHTS BOTHERED , and that and texas disability rights BOTHERED TO INVESTIGATE AND APPLY THE LAW ? THESE ARE ON THE FEDERAL LEVEL aRECEIVING FEDERAL FUNDING AND CRY POVERTY ALL WHILE DOING NOTHING BEYOND MEASURING DOOR WAYS AND BASICALLY TOLD ME TO SHUT UP AND THAT I NEED TO RETAIN ATTORNIES ! every single TEXAS AGENCY also ignored verifiable complaints regarding ILLEGAL RESTRAINT AND EVERY SINGLE VIOLATION .

WHO ENFORCES THE LAW ? no one

Law enforcement up to the FBI who HAS JURISDICTION REGARDING VIOLATION OF RIGHTS UNDER COLOR OF LAW ALSO IGNORED VERIFIABLE COMPLAINTS regarding texas probate court actions,hospital's actions, service coordinator's actions AND THE SOCIAL WORKER'S FALSE STATEMENTS VERIFIED BY TEXAS DISABILITYRIGHTS WHO DID NOTHING--it is unreal AND OBVIOUSLY MANY ARE INVOLVED INCLUDING STATE BAR ASSOCIATIONS CONDONING AND ALLOWING PERJURY,BACK DATING OF SIGNED ORDERS,CLIENT ABUSE --THEY ARE ALL THE SAME--SO TEXAS WAS BILKED THOUSANDS AND OBVIOUSLY TEXAS DOESN'T CARE AND MY SON WINDS UP A WARD OF TEXAS COURTS-NO ONE CARES about HIS LOSS OF RGHTS VIA RETALIATION AND FRAUD ON MULTIPLE LEVELS..

WE ARE POWERLESS HERE.

My remedy also includes along with UNIFICATION OF THE COURTS, that these psych hospitals are directly associated with colleges,universities and post grad programs FOR nurses,psych residents and interns and social workers---THEN THERE IS ENOUGH STAFF REPORTING ON THEIR PATIENTS CHOSEN FOR CASE STUDIES AND ARE ALSO DOING QUALITY OF CARE EVALS AND WATCHING WHAT'S GOING ON with their patients. RIGHT ALONG WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING ON THE UNITS--and OF COURSE THE MENTAL HEALTH LAWS ARE POSTED AND EVERY UNIT HAS A UNIT LAWYER THE SAME VIA A MENTAL HYGIENE LEGAL SYSTEM INSTEAD OF THE NONSENSE OF THIS LEGAL AID AS ILLEGAL DETENTION REMAINS A CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATION and legal aid is more concerned WITH ILLEGAL ALIENS--bringing us back to unified courts ENDING OVERSTAYS AS A COURT ORDER IS NEEDED AFTER 72 HOURS, THEN you have the STUDENTS etc reviewing charts,reviewing MEDICATION ORDERS and preparing DISCHARGES;it can get done. THANK YOU---CL

PS THESE bustards ALSO KNOW that you WILL NOT FIND LEGAL REPRESENTATION for the vast majority OF medicaid,SSI/SSD psych cases and/or legally defined DISABLED to present cases regardnig illegal restraint etc--THIS IS WHY THE DEMAND for court unification and a legal system IS NEEDED AND ENDS A PART OF THE PROBLEM--THEY WILL GET SUED AND INDIVIDUALS ARE HELD LIABLE AND DEALT WITH--then IT ENDS.