• Baby Scheduled to go Off Life Support Responding to Family - Rally and Court Date on Monday Morning

We asked grandmother Lisa Rivenburg if Baby Steffen is showing any signs of responding to family. She responded: YES! ALL signs! He opens his eyes, squeezes my hand, puts his hands up in the air, kicks his feet. He smiles. He grimaces. He makes his little "Elvis face." She told us that he lifts his hands up when she plays his favorite song, "Awake, My Soul," by Chris Tomlin. He's completely cognizant when he's not heavily medicated. Steffen responds to his family as much as he can while being limited by wires and tubes. Lisa said that he fights the medications that make him sleep. The family has court on Monday, the day before the court order expires that is keeping Baby Steffen alive. They have been told that Vanderbilt Hospital intends to bring in a doctor from their hospital "to say the baby has no chance."

Read full story...

• Baby Scheduled to go Off Life Support Responding to Family - Rally and Court Date on Monday Morning

My heart breaks for you. I can't bring myself to tell my story yet, the horror is too much to revisit, but a similar thing happened with my Mom, and there was nothing I could do about it. I am a broken person now.

Another research hospital. Make note of that. As far as baby responding to stimuli from family members, the so called experts, those who want to execute this baby, will say all baby's actions/responses are not really deliberate responses but are "involuntary movements." Hopefully the family is successful in having baby's brain waves (and other tests) monitoring for signs of life and brain activity. I was refused that request/demand for my poor daughter. The most important point in this family's horrendous ordeal that we should be getting is that WE, the parents, have been successfully downgraded so much we have no "parental rights" in the U.S. Nor does the child. I too was told by a so called doctor in a research hospital that the decision to remove (or not) the tube pumping air into my daughter's lungs was up to him and or the hospital and not up to me. He had absolutely no compassion, no conscience, no emotion, but cold as ice and extremely quick at setting an execution date, "In 24 hours she WILL be removed from life support," were his words to me as soon as she went into coma, as I begged and pleaded with him. He then threatened me that if I wanted to be in the room to hold her hand while she was (put to death) that I need to remain compliant and calm, that if I started any kind of a fuss he will call security and police to have me removed from hospital grounds and to jail. An impossible situation. An impossible decision. Be with your child to help them "cross over" in as Peaceful way as possible in such a situation as this, or fight with all you've got to stop them and be in jail far from your child as they are brutally cruelly executed and die without mama or anybody they love there to comfort and to hold her, and to Pray for her, encouraging her to go to Jesus, that it is ok, that everything is going to be ok, that mama is there and it is ok to go now to Jesus. I pray this family will "win" the "right" to make all decisions for their own child, and not the doctor or other entity. Even if it were the case that their baby "has no chance of survival" it is the PATRENTS decision to make for their own child, not state, government or doctor.