• Massachusetts Senior Citizen and Attorney Medically Kidnapped - Estate Plundered - Represents National Epidemic

Retired lawyer Marvin Siegel of Boxford, Massachusetts, has lived an isolated and heavily-medicated existence, against his will and wishes, after court proceedings in August in 2011 resulted in his being placed under a court-appointed guardianship and conservatorship that his family considers to be unlawful. His meticulous estate planning has been eviscerated, and millions of dollars continue to be plundered from the 88-year-old’s estate. He is being held prisoner in his own home, under medical providers that his daughter has termed "24/7 guards." Meanwhile, his daughters Attorney Lisa Siegel Belanger and Devora Kaiser tirelessly advocate for him in the court system, despite those who are working vigorously to shut them out of their father’s life. At this point, those in charge of Mr. Siegel’s estate have drained half of the retired attorney’s approximate nine-million-dollar estate deceptively and fraudulently, according to Lisa. Further, as Lisa began to research her father’s case, she uncovered a network of corruption within the family and probate court system of Essex County, where the case is, as well as in other Massachusetts counties. The daughters’ court documents allege fraud, embezzlement, and money laundering, involving 40 litigants in the Siegel case alone. Lisa states that the medical kidnapping and plundering of senior citizens' estates is common, as they target poor and rich alike: "The scary part of it is that this is not an isolated incident. This is business as usual. It is a pattern of isolate. Medicate. Liquidate. It doesn’t matter the amount of a person’s estate, even if a person has virtually nothing to their name. The fact that an elder is receiving some sort of government benefit that automatically brings you into their clutches. People don’t realize that it affects basically everyone."

Read full story...

• Massachusetts Senior Citizen and Attorney Medically Kidnapped - Estate Plundered - Represents National Epidemic

I know Marvin personally and very well. I worked for him for his last 13 years of active practice and we became very close friends. I have tried to contact him myself many times over the last 10 years or so. I am always told that he can't come to the phone and does not accept visitors.

This is not what he wanted. He scrimped on everything so that he could leave all his money to his daughters. He fought with them constantly, but loved them more than you can imagine! He even tried to find away that he could get away with not letting the IRS take all of his money when he died, because he worked and scrimped all of his life so that he could leave it to the girls.

Lisa was always very very much Daddy's little girl and I know that not being able to see him and discussed every little detail of her life with him is killing her. Her children are being denied their Grandfather. I wish there was something I could do.

Skip all these people, go directly to attorney General Jeff Sessions, AND President Donald Trump!! This happened to my Aunt a few years ago, made me SOOOOO mad!! She lived in a small, country town, where everyone knows or is related to everyone. You need someone on the OUTside!! Maybe, President Trump knew your Dad in his "hay day". There IS a special place in HELL for people to do this!! I HOPE you get him away from them before it's too late. The only good thing here is, at least he is at home. My Aunt died in the hospital, being starved, water witheld, and drugged until she died. SHE was not rich, I don't know what the hospital was getting out of it!! She died of dehydration and starvation..in a hospital!!!

Mr. Seigel chose his daughter as his attorney-in-fact in 2003. He picked his daughter - not a guardian. What Mr. Seigel wants has been trampled on as if a dirty rug.

Guardianship was created with the intent of protecting incompetent people and conserving their estates -- if they had not executed Advance Directives prior to their incompetency. Guardianship was always intended to be a matter of last resort, after everything else had been tried and failed. It was never designed to be oppressive or to harm people. Mr. Seigel planned for his old age. What he didn't plan for was having his wishes and intentions subverted and used against him and his family.

Isolation is elder abuse. Mr. Seigel has loving family who want to be with him and he needs them now more than ever.

Join the national movement for reform of unlawful and abusive guardianships and conservatorships. Join NASGA!