• The Big Fat Lie is Officially Exposed in the British Medical Journal

The saturated fat lie is officially exposed now that the British Journal of Sports Medicine, a division of the BMJ (British Medical Journal) emphatically declared: “Saturated fat does not clog the arteries: coronary heart disease is a chronic inflammatory condition, the risk of which can be effectively reduced from healthy lifestyle interventions.” The beginning of this very recent BMJ letter, 31 March 2017, reviewing several mega-studies, states early in their editorial: “Despite popular belief among doctors and the public, the conceptual model of dietary saturated fat clogging a pipe is just plain wrong.” Wrong, unequivocally and indisputably, not maybe or could be or further studies needed, but completely wrong. It’s over. And the root cause of arterial inflammation is cited with dietary recommendations that lean toward the Mediterranean Diet.

Read full story...

Citation please: this story will be 100x more powerful for non-regular readers of your site if you provide a link to the journal article in question so that they can click over and see the article. (I appreciate many won't have access to the full text, but abstracts are always open-access, and those of us in academia will feel more empowered to share if we can read the source material).

Thanks!

Jenn said:

Citation please: this story will be 100x more powerful for non-regular readers of your site if you provide a link to the journal article in question so that they can click over and see the article. (I appreciate many won't have access to the full text, but abstracts are always open-access, and those of us in academia will feel more empowered to share if we can read the source material).

Thanks!

HI Jenn, the BMJ artilce is cited within the article, but here's a direct link: http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjspo...

At long last the scandalous lie has been exposed but in the mean time people of this opinion have been needlessly rediculed and others have been prescribed those ghastly drugs all because that man Ancel Keys published his falsified report way back in the 50s. It has been a profit bonanza for the polyunsaturated fat producers and the pharmaceutical companies. Meanwhile there is also a suspicion that peolpe have been made sick by these polyunsatured fats. It's great to see that the BMJ had the courage to report this..

I just want to make sure that all HIN followers know that the kind of chronic inflammation that is a major cause of heart disease can also be produced by infected root canalled teeth. A healthy diet and sensible exercise can reduce the inflammation a bit, but ultimately the only remedy is to have the infected dead tooth removed.

I had three heart attacks myself, the last one nearly fatal. Did my GP or either of my cardiologists ever ask me, "Greg, have you ever had a root canal?" Hah, fat chance. All they ever did was to prescribe "meds" like statins and beta-blockers, and told me to eat a "heart healthy diet" avoiding saturated fat and cholesterol-containing eggs, and replacing butter with margarine. It took a first visit to a holistic dentist, who had no way of knowing about my three heart attacks, to actually help me by telling me, "You had better have that infected root canalled tooth pulled before it causes you to have a heart attack."

So please, if you have ever had a root canal, don't waste any time making an appointment with a holistic dentist who can tell you whether it appears to be seriously infected (yet) or not. And don't expect any regular dentist to help you out with that because the A.D.A. still denies that infected root canals can ever be the cause of other health issues like heart disease even though Weston A. Price proved that they are, three quarters of a century ago.