• Tennessee Judge Gives Dying Father Chance to Defend Himself in Effort to Regain Custody of Children

In a Facebook Live video, Michael Brooks gave an update on his case in Tennessee. He and Jamie had been in court that morning and were expecting Judge Clayburn Peeples to terminate their parental rights to their two sons. But, in an interesting turn of events, the couple left court that day with their parental rights still in place. Also, due to not having a lawyer present, Michael was given a 60-day window to prepare to present his case to the court again. Michael Brooks is dying from Hepatitis C. His disease was under control while using medical cannabis, but he was forced to give up his medication due to Tennessee laws as he tried to meet requirements to get his children back from the Tennessee Department of Children's Services (DCS).

Read full story...

• Tennessee Judge Gives Dying Father Chance to Defend Himself in Effort to Regain Custody of Children

We did an interview with Michael last week. We are so happy for him to have more time to get a lawyer and be be heard by a fair judge! The GoFundMe link you have in the article does not go to the correct page, this is the correct one: https://www.gofundme.com/ygebjr-saving-the-brooks-...

If you would like to see the interview from last week, please see it here:

victuruslibertas said:

We did an interview with Michael last week. We are so happy for him to have more time to get a lawyer and be be heard by a fair judge! The GoFundMe link you have in the article does not go to the correct page, this is the correct one: https://www.gofundme.com/ygebjr-saving-the-brooks-...
    If you would like to see the interview from last week, please see it here:

Thank you for the updated GoFundMe link

Keep fighting Michael. Miracles do happen!

The name Michael=Who is like El? Praise to Almighty YaH for His mercies.

No Longer Ignored...

I just pray that nothing happens, that would cause the judge to recuse himself. Because of him not playing ball the ball that DCS would like him to do so.

Geri-Pfeiffer said:

Drug testing is one of the primary tools that Child Protective Services uses to destroy families.
    In fact I know that caseworker's use false positives for methamphetimenes in a child's feces to remove children from parents that have NEVER used the stuff. Apparently one of the chemicals in baby formula throws a false positive for meth.
    In Michael's case....caseworker's(with the assistance of CASA) are pushing for termination because they have interested adopter's got the children.
    As we continue to raise awareness of the corruption in CPS....the pressure mounts for judges to act "within Constitutional Due Process". They know change is coming and they are now trying to cover their butts by actually presiding in the appropriate manner.
    Make no mistake though....judges have worked in tandem with CPS for many years to destroy families. In my opinion they should still be held accountable for their crimes.
    We can only hope that the new court appointed attorney will actually assist Michael instead of just standing there like most court appointed attorney's do.

Yes, but it sounds like he has a good judge over the case and sounds like Michael will soon have his children back and the judge might be leniant as to let him return to the medical treatment he was on.

Drug testing is one of the primary tools that Child Protective Services uses to destroy families.

In fact I know that caseworker's use false positives for methamphetimenes in a child's feces to remove children from parents that have NEVER used the stuff. Apparently one of the chemicals in baby formula throws a false positive for meth.

In Michael's case....caseworker's(with the assistance of CASA) are pushing for termination because they have interested adopter's got the children.

As we continue to raise awareness of the corruption in CPS....the pressure mounts for judges to act "within Constitutional Due Process". They know change is coming and they are now trying to cover their butts by actually presiding in the appropriate manner.

Make no mistake though....judges have worked in tandem with CPS for many years to destroy families. In my opinion they should still be held accountable for their crimes.

We can only hope that the new court appointed attorney will actually assist Michael instead of just standing there like most court appointed attorney's do.

I'm wondering if it is possible for the father to take his cannabis 'invisibly'? I think if this were me I would find a way to park the stuff somewhere (friend's house?) & have it out of the house, so that I could take it also 'out of the house' - they do not need to know what he is 'eating' at a friend's house do they ? This seems like such a ridiculous, invasive situation - they have no right to remove those children from their parents, this is unbelievable cruelty ! Some other way needs to be found for this Dad to take his drug of choice, and improve. What are they going to do - monitor his every move - in friend's bathrooms ? Of course the argument is that he should not have the stuff in the house - isn't that what they are basing their argument on - that is illegal drugs around children ! But if they are not 'around the children' - what can they do ? Does testing for drugs reveal cannabis use ? Why would they test anyone in the first place ? How did they 'get' to this father in the first place ?