• Ohio Parents Disagree with School Over ADHD Diagnosis - Lose 7 Year Old Son to CPS

His parents say that he is just a normal, imaginative little boy; his school says that he needs mental health help. After Christian Maple was called to pick up his 7 year old son Camden from school following an incident, Christian and his wife Katie had a long talk with their son to find out what exactly was going on. As parents, they know their son better than anyone, and they addressed the situation at home. They thought the matter was settled. It should have been over. But it wasn't. It got much worse. The next morning, staff at Bowman Primary School in Lebanon, Ohio, demanded to know the content of the Maples' conversation with their son. Christian did not believe that was their business to know the details, and he and Katie chose to reject the primary school's opinion that they needed to have Camden evaluated and treated by psychologists. The school reported the Maples to Child Protective Services. Eight police officers later surrounded the family's house and took 7 year old Camden away from his home and his family. Instead of the state respecting the Maples' fundamental right to parent their child and make medical decisions for him, CPS has seized custody of Camden and accused his parents of neglecting his mental health. The Maples are still reeling in shock, and are now fighting to get him back home.

Read full story...

• Ohio Parents Disagree with School Over ADHD Diagnosis - Lose 7 Year Old Son to CPS

Have the local news done anything on this? The more people this reaches the better.

Ryan- said:

Moral of the story? STAND YOUR GROUND WHEN CPS ARRIVES AT YOUR DOOR!! If you are going to play hard ball, play hard call. The officers are ONLY there in case you get violent. They could have easily told CPS to leave, after they handed him over, that was it.

Yes call Citizens Commision on Human Rights- (CCHR) known for effective help on this type of situation-

Good on this family for noticing the truth and not buying the lie of psychiatric diagnoses- which is all voted in btw to benefit the industry.

This tragic case here is exactly why parents like mine decided to educate their children at home. And remember people that just because you do not take an interest in the government that it does not mean that the government will not have any interest in you.

Steven said:

Chad-McCain said:

I am shocked, and dismayed by this report. I came across this, and was immediately intrigued as I work as a Marriage and Family therapist and mandated reporter in California. I am amazed at the incredulity of the state, and the naivety of CPS workers who know so little about what they are doing; have wield this great power to upset the lives of families and children. I have also worked in public schools for 12 years as a teacher. I'm amazed daily, by the arrogance of staff at schools who think they are better than parents at raising these children, or who would seek solutions that take the family out of the equation. It's all far too much bureaucracy, based on far too little forethought, and evidence. Regardless of the family's beliefs about medications, (which are far from proven solutions), this doesn't have anything to do with parental child abuse. This has to do with some bureaucrat with an axe to grind.
    It is the same problem we have with our politicians. They were either elected or hired to be our advocates and they interpret it to mean our overlords. I am not sure what the problem is. What is happening is a primary platform of liberal/progressive politics regardless of the letter after the name.

I am afraid you have it wrong. Liberal/progressive politics demand we have control over our own children. Righties demand that they have the authority to force compliance with the "rules" they have made up.

Look up CCHR.org. This group can take on the psychiatric scam groups and their minions. Call them for help.

Moral of the story? STAND YOUR GROUND WHEN CPS ARRIVES AT YOUR DOOR!! If you are going to play hard ball, play hard call. The officers are ONLY there in case you get violent. They could have easily told CPS to leave, after they handed him over, that was it.

patzone said:

As a past CPS worker for ten years, absolute grounds for a law suit against Ohio CPS.

I thought they had immunity, please respond if this is not the case. If this has grounds for law suit, I sure as hell do.

As a past CPS worker for ten years, absolute grounds for a law suit against Ohio CPS.

A school makes stupid call, they take the child, which is tramatic in itself, but I have watched children services walk in and out of drug infested, homes where children need to be taken away, then they make up every reason in the world not too. What happened if they have running water, roof over thier head and at least a jar of peanut butter in he house there isn't anything ya can do really. People should get together and beat cs door in, Lebanon is one of the worst for people abusing power they have

Chad-McCain said:

I am shocked, and dismayed by this report. I came across this, and was immediately intrigued as I work as a Marriage and Family therapist and mandated reporter in California. I am amazed at the incredulity of the state, and the naivety of CPS workers who know so little about what they are doing; have wield this great power to upset the lives of families and children. I have also worked in public schools for 12 years as a teacher. I'm amazed daily, by the arrogance of staff at schools who think they are better than parents at raising these children, or who would seek solutions that take the family out of the equation. It's all far too much bureaucracy, based on far too little forethought, and evidence. Regardless of the family's beliefs about medications, (which are far from proven solutions), this doesn't have anything to do with parental child abuse. This has to do with some bureaucrat with an axe to grind.

It is the same problem we have with our politicians. They were either elected or hired to be our advocates and they interpret it to mean our overlords. I am not sure what the problem is. What is happening is a primary platform of liberal/progressive politics regardless of the letter after the name.

Vickie said:

Sharing info hope it helps. A good lawyer will get him home and sue for millions. Keep us all posted.
    Some info https://www.cchrint.org/issues/childmentaldisorder...
    https://www.cchrint.org/2014/10/22/are-hospitals-a...

if the teacher told the parent that their child was ADHD, not only can the school district be sued---but, the teacher personally. We are not medical professionals. While we are certainly trained to recognize characteristics---it is just that...observation of behavior. It could be a manifestation of many, many things. We don't know for sure because we are not M.D.s. I don't know why teachers tell parents things like that. Only a medical doctor can make that diagnosis. We can complete a Connor's or other checklist, but it is only an observation in one environment from one person. A Dr. usually wants to see 3 observations from across 3 different environments. That may vary. Teachers do not make medical diagnosis.

They aren't in the least qualified and the teacher should be charged for practicing medicine without a license, which if I'm not mistaken is a felony.

It is a serious breach of professional and ethical behavior and a violation of the law.

I guarantee you that MD's are nearly just as clueless and complicit as the school and legal folks. They have HUGE connections to the pharmaceutical complex and scratch their backs EVERY chance they get.

Chad-McCain said:

Exactly Chad. This has absolutely nothing to do with abuse. And as it was mentioned in the article, school officials are not qualified to make any diagnoses. Furthermore, even if this child were to be diagnosed as ADHD, there are options that do not include medication. Adults get frustrated because of non-compliance from these children and they are so quick to label and then drug them for compliance. I suspect my 7 year old daughter is ADHD and I am one to say that medication is not the answer. She responds very well to being redirected and with guidance. Everyone is just so quick to shove a pill down our children's throat. In addition, can you believe the treatment of the parents in this case? I hope more individuals like yourself speak up for this family. This judge needs some discipline and CPS definitely needs to get the God complex brought down a few notches.Thank you for your reply as it is absolutely,100% the most accurate assessment of this situation.

My children were taken as well! Forced to live with abuse from a father teamed up with an MFT who used fear mongering to interfere with the parent-child relationship. It ripped us apart for years!

Today, she called me because she wanted to kill herself last night. She said she had tears streaming down her face and told her father how she felt. His response "Good" I want you too and so does your brother.

I feel helpless and pray to God she makes it to 18 in a few months. This is the result of and extent of the kind of damage children suffer because the courts of Oyer and terminal never close they just changed names!

The most venerable are harmed and made to be human sacrifices to political whim. We must stop this insanity.

Just letting you know, my daughter attended Lebanon School District and they did the same thing to us. Unfortunately, we gave in and then moved so we could get her off the medication. She's not ADHD, there's absolutely nothing wrong for her. She's 19 now and still suffers from low self-esteem and anxiety from what this school district did to her from early childhood. Fight them tooth and nail and don't back down. Get your kid back and move out of that district!