• Amish Farmer Found Guilty of Mislabeling Products Not Approved by FDA - Faces Up to 48 Years in Prison

A jury found Kentucky Amish farmer Sam Girod guilty last week of breaking FDA laws in mislabeling his home-made herbal salve product. His sentencing hearing will be in June, and he reportedly faces up to 48 years in prison. Sam Girod had no attorney representing him, and in his closing statement he made simple declaratory statements of truth. “There was never an injured party in this case.” “I’m not dealing with drugs. Their testing will show that.” “I did not purposefully or knowingly violate one law. That’s not what I do.” “I changed the labels on different times but I kept getting harassed.” “Most of all, it’s taken some of our freedom away.”

Read full story...

• Amish Farmer Found Guilty of Mislabeling Products Not Approved by FDA - Faces Up to 48 Years in Prison

When was the trial? The time and date of the trial and jury verdict aren't mentioned anywhere in the article.

Craig said:

When was the trial? The time and date of the trial and jury verdict aren't mentioned anywhere in the article.

Hi Craig,

As mentioned in this artilce, the sentencing will be in June:

"His sentencing hearing will be on June 16 at 10am, and he reportedly faces up to 48 years in prison.

The Honorable Danny C. Reeves
    United States District Judge
    US District Court
    101 Barr Street
    Lexington, KY 40507"

and

"The judge will sentence Sam at 10:00 AM on Friday, June 16th 2017. Until then, Sam will presumably be incarcerated in the Fayette County Detention Center."

Also, mentioned in this artilce is a link to the previous article, which stated that Sam's jury trial started 2/27/17:

"Attend Sam’s trial on 2/27/17 at 9am at the Federal Courthouse, 101 Barr Street, Lexington, KY. It’s slated to go for four days. Even if you can’t stay very long, a presence at any time will be helpful. Probably earlier is better, but any time."

Also, within the artilces is a link to a Facebook page for supporters, which will continue to provide updates about this situation.

Although I am - in reality - a South African citizen, nonetheless I keep in touch with what goes on in the rest of the world, and one thing I have learned over a long period of time is the (American) "BIG PHARMA" who will do anything to thwart any efforts by the "small people" who come up with something that really works, and which costs very little - if anything - to produce, for BIG PHARMA is terrified that should such a remedy - as this man's very natural and effective salve/ointment - prove to be a safe and drug-free product which can be made at home - would cause aforesaid to lose $billions as a result, and BIG PHARMA would do anything to stop someone like this man from profiting from his remedy in any way, so nothing would please them more than to see him rot in jail. I presume he is no youngster any more and 48 years in prison could very well lead to Sam dying before his time behind bars is up. I would like nothing more than to see Donald Trump break the stranglehold that BIG PHARMA has on the health industry, for from what I have read and hears over a period of years is that certain products they are trying to promote (and protect) do not even work, but the public is encouraged - no, FORCED to pay for such worthless products. I won't go into detail - would take too long and take up too much space, but like many of YOUR people, I would love to learn that these parasites were finally stopped in their tracks - the sooner, the better.

Best wishes - especially to SAM.

No, UFEZELA IS NOT MY REAL NAME - but for the sake of interest, the word is a Zulu word meaning SCORPION..

Pedofiles get off on probation and this guy gers found guilty?! Is there no appeal? Someone go talk to this man's wife and convince him to hire an attorney asap!!

Mr......You are the target of "What's Wrong With America," and I am helpless to help you. I can only Pray that you have a compassionate Judge. And I do pray for you and all others who do no wrong.

What is wrong with these people - have they no 'real work' to do ?

This is a typical small business owner just trying to make a living while staying out of trouble with 'regulations' - and the people chasing him are typical idiots with the power to make other people's life a misery if they can ! We have all known humans like this - they get a little control over others & cannot help themselves - I did it myself when they made me 'stairs monitor' at 9 years old at school - so I know very well how it happens ! I stopped doing my disgusting power trip after about 2 days because I realized what was happening to me (at 9 yrs old !) - seems these people have never woken up to what they have turned into !!!

Admin---Orissa said:

A jury found Kentucky Amish farmer Sam Girod guilty last week of breaking FDA laws in mislabeling his home-made herbal salve product. His sentencing hearing will be in June, and he reportedly faces up to 48 years in prison. Sam Girod had no attorney representing him, and in his closing statement he made simple declaratory statements of truth. “There was never an injured party in this case.” “I’m not dealing with drugs. Their testing will show that.” “I did not purposefully or knowingly violate one law. That’s not what I do.” “I changed the labels on different times but I kept getting harassed.” “Most of all, it’s taken some of our freedom away.”

I cannot believe in this day and time, that this man is being punished in this way. He did not intentionally do wrong and tried to comply by changing labels. This is absurd!! The laws in this country can be confusing and for the Amish, even more so. If the FDA thinks he should be punished, then why not a fine and have him change all his labels (again) to comply? There are rapists, murderers, people that commit terrible crimes and they DON'T get this kind of punishment...The courts should be ashamed of themselves!!!!