• How the Government Destroyed Dr. Loren Mosher’s Research Proving Therapy by "Non-professional Caregivers" was Superior to Psychiatric Drugs

Psychiatrist Loren Mosher (who earned medical degrees from both Harvard and Stanford) was the highly esteemed founder of the experimental Soteria Project, which was subtitled “Community Alternatives for the Treatment of Schizophrenia” from 1971 to 1983. The Soteria Project proved that patients with first-onset psychotic breaks could be successfully treated - even cured - outside insane asylums by non-professional caregivers, in unlocked neighborhood facilities and without the coercive use of neurotoxic, dependency-inducing and dementia-inducing drugs. Five years before his untimely death in 2004, and long after he was hounded out of the NIMH and mainstream psychiatry for doing the right thing, Dr. Mosher wrote: “Despite what the pharmaceutical companies would have us believe, we don’t need ‘a better life through chemistry.’ The Drug May Be Your Problem will help debunk this myth and provide practical advice on how to avoid psychiatric drugs and get off them.”

Read full story...

• How the Government Destroyed Dr. Loren Mosher’s Research Proving Therapy by "Non-professional Caregivers" was Superior to Psychiatric Drugs

I have had the great pleasure of meeting Dr Loren Mosher and his talk gave me confidence that here was a doctor who really cared about his patients, and didn't create a burden on the patient to believe in a system that was unrealistically oriented entirely towards chemistry as the complete non-negotiable reason and treatment, as if I am a being with a brain of meat and electricity and salt- as if you could call that a definition of me. I value the rarity of his work, find it an encouragement, and hope to cause it to not be forgotten by others, whether professional or patient.

I have had the great pleasure of meeting Dr Loren Mosher as he talked on "running the gauntlet" on his profession, psychiatry, and he both challenged me and helped me through a rough time by supporting my dream idea of what psychiatry is (and ISN"T). I really admire that despite his ill-health he continued to share his vital message with the world, including my corner of it. The challenge was that I may have to face up to great difficulties due to my choices in what to believe and ensuing decisions, somewhat similar to what he did, but in my own story and my own role as patient rather than professional. I hope to keep his ideas alive and talked about as a tribute to him and due to the truth of what he discovered about recovery.