• New Study Confirms Foster Care System Harms Children

The American Academy of Pediatrics recently published a study comparing "mental and physical health outcomes of children placed in foster care to outcomes of children not placed in foster care." The study claims to be the first of its kind looking specifically at these health outcomes. Similar to other past studies looking at outcomes comparing foster children to those not placed in foster care, the results of this new study were predictable: "We find that children in foster care are in poor mental and physical health relative to children in the general population, children across specific family types, and children in economically disadvantaged families... Children in foster care are a vulnerable population in poor health, partially as a result of their early life circumstances."

Read full story...

as a former foster parent for almost 40 years,my opinion is children should remain with their parents.all the money spent in the system should be spent on the families to help them with parenting the children.exept in severe abuse cases

Linda said:

I have been following Health Impact News regarding children that have been removed from their homes whether foster, adoption or natural home environments. I am a mother of 7 children with the 7th one being adopted from out of the country. She was removed for mental health reasons for over 3 1/2 years! She suffered like "Jeff" in this news thread, however, she was 11 years old. We fought the Systems every step of the way and it was clear to me the systems believe only what is allowed to be written into the documents, while corruptions at every level was ignored. I feel more comfortable speaking out now as she is safely back home. She suffers with chronic PTSD and acute anxiety attacks and a hoarder since removal. Our daughter came to us challenged with mental health conditions from living as an orphan since the age of three. If anyone is interested in deepening their research and studies in this area. My daughter and myself are available to further your research. She is proof that the governmental systems do not protect the children. I am 3 months away from earning my degree as a Master of Social Work.
    • Dear friend Linda,

I know what you have suffered. I'm still fighting after 4 long years for my 2 autistic sons, over 300 miles away. My heart 💜❤️ and prayers and love ❤️😘 go to you and your children.

1. Dawn

I have been following Health Impact News regarding children that have been removed from their homes whether foster, adoption or natural home environments. I am a mother of 7 children with the 7th one being adopted from out of the country. She was removed for mental health reasons for over 3 1/2 years! She suffered like "Jeff" in this news thread, however, she was 11 years old. We fought the Systems every step of the way and it was clear to me the systems believe only what is allowed to be written into the documents, while corruptions at every level was ignored. I feel more comfortable speaking out now as she is safely back home. She suffers with chronic PTSD and acute anxiety attacks and a hoarder since removal. Our daughter came to us challenged with mental health conditions from living as an orphan since the age of three. If anyone is interested in deepening their research and studies in this area. My daughter and myself are available to further your research. She is proof that the governmental systems do not protect the children. I am 3 months away from earning my degree as a Master of Social Work.

Dummy alert! That is what they are supposed to do. Destroy the family....