• Dr. Oz Looks at Medical Marijuana as a Potential Cure for Opioid Addiction

Opioid painkiller addiction is the fastest growing drug addiction in the United States today, and it was recently featured on the popular Dr. Oz TV show. Dr. Oz pointed out the astonishing statistics that 48 million Americans, one out of every 5, have reported that they have abused prescription drugs. 12 states have more opioid pain pill prescriptions than people. In states where marijuana is legal, however, opioid prescriptions are declining. Dr. Oz looks at the question: Is marijuana the new gateway drug OUT of opioid addiction?

Read full story...

Admin---Orissa said:

Opioid painkiller addiction is the fastest growing drug addiction in the United States today, and it was recently featured on the popular Dr. Oz TV show. Dr. Oz pointed out the astonishing statistics that 48 million Americans, one out of every 5, have reported that they have abused prescription drugs. 12 states have more opioid pain pill prescriptions than people. In states where marijuana is legal, however, opioid prescriptions are declining. Dr. Oz looks at the question: Is marijuana the new gateway drug OUT of opioid addiction?

I believe marijuana is the cure for opioid addiction and other addictions as well. On January 9th, 2015 I decided to take my life back. I was addicted to Tramadol, Adderall, and Percocet. I took 10 Tramadol every morning at once as soon as I woke up followed by 30mgs of Adderall shortly after. I would then take 7-8 Percocet 10s through the rest of my day. I started taking these medications because I worked a strenuous hard labor job that paid production and the medications allowed me to perform at a higher level. Atleast for the first few years. After awhile I could tell my body was in decline. I was taking more medication than ever and was struggling at work. I was always depressed, hardly ever left my house and really just didn't enjoy life anymore. I made the decision to quit taking all the medications at once. Cold turkey. I began smoking marijuana again and also used the Thomas Recipe. Which is mainly herbal supplements. Without marijuana I wouldn't have made it. I didn't tell anyone what I was doing other than my best friend. I took a two week vacation from work to fight off the withdrawals. My anxiety was so bad that I wanted to cry constantly. My body hurt badly. I could barely stay awake for the first three days. My mind and body just didn't seem to function. I slowly started to get better and two weeks later returned to my job. I secretly smoked marijuana every chance I felt the need. Even at work. After a week and a half back at work I realized there was a problem with my back. I had a pinched nerve. I took some more time off and things didn't look to good. I wasn't sure how much longer I could do the physical work. Then out of nowhere my manager quit and I got promoted to a supervisor position. I went to work high everyday. I went to meetings and classes high. Meetings with the President, VP, and HR! Somehow I made it through everything and continued to get better. I grew tired of my job though. I had been for years. The drugs had kept me content and dependent on the money. I had met a girl and fell in love during all of this and she ended up having to move. I decided to go with her. It's strange but quiting my job was almost harder than quiting the drugs. I later found out that on the day I quit my job I had been scheduled for a random drug test. This further assured me that I was on the right path. I'm still clean today and a number of events has lead me to Denver, Co. I now work in the marijuana Industry and plan to change the world..

Admin---Orissa said:

I have degenerative bone disease and PTSD. Was on opioids for yrs. just recently was taken off of those meds and given suboxone! They just switched me from one opioid to another. It's making me sick. I have a blue card but not a dispensery here yet! No Dr will subscribe mJ or CBD oil either. It makes no sense. I'm in far worse condition then before. Permanent chronic pain that is ruining my life! Dr. Sulack is correct in his mmJ opioids withdrawal and pain treatment. Always in pain and constant anxiety..