• Michigan Teen Girl in CPS Custody Near Death - Twin Sister Pleads for Her Life

A Michigan teenager was close to death in CPS custody in December, but advocates worked together to fight for her life. Abbie Odonnell, now 15, is much better, but now her twin sister Alexis, who remains in a juvenile detention facility, has deteriorated to the point where her family fears for her life. Her mother says: "She won't survive another 7 months." Before Child Protective Services and the state of Michigan became involved in their lives, the girls showed no signs of any eating disorders. After being taken from their home and family, Abbie has developed anorexia and bulimia, and Alexis has bulimia. It took social media and an article from Health Impact News on their Medical Kidnap website to get help for Abbie, whose condition had become very serious in December, and she is now on the road to recovery. Now it is her twin sister Alexis who desperately needs help. Her family was alarmed when they saw the condition Alexis was in at court last week, with her hands and feet shackled, and the family has again reached out to Health Impact News and their readers for help.

Read full story...

• Michigan Teen Girl in CPS Custody Near Death - Twin Sister Pleads for Her Life

Admin said:

A Michigan teenager was close to death in CPS custody in December, but advocates worked together to fight for her life. Abbie Odonnell, now 15, is much better, but now her twin sister Alexis, who remains in a juvenile detention facility, has deteriorated to the point where her family fears for her life. Her mother says: "She won't survive another 7 months." Before Child Protective Services and the state of Michigan became involved in their lives, the girls showed no signs of any eating disorders. After being taken from their home and family, Abbie has developed anorexia and bulimia, and Alexis has bulimia. It took social media and an article from Health Impact News on their Medical Kidnap website to get help for Abbie, whose condition had become very serious in December, and she is now on the road to recovery. Now it is her twin sister Alexis who desperately needs help. Her family was alarmed when they saw the condition Alexis was in at court last week, with her hands and feet shackled, and the family has again reached out to Health Impact News and their readers for help.

This is staggering and heartbreaking. These girls will never be the same...and for what? I thought that the abuse I experienced in the 50's was horrific enough and it almost feels like it has been in vain to some degree. It seems that this society has gone to the other end of the spectrum. Offenders are more clever. Using the law to protect the violence they are still inflicting on women and children.

It has only gotten worse.

I am contacting everyone I can think of who might offer some political persuasion for Alexis and her family. It's the least I can do and I will keep doing it until that young girl is home with her family where she belongs!

My God! Rapists have gotten off with a lighter sentence so how sick is that?

Joyce Charette

This whole story has gone beyond belief. So, I am reading and asking myself why an attorney, advocacy folks, - someone has not come forward to give a 'wake-up call' to CPS (obviously on a power-trip) and a court system out of control, a foster home known to abuse children - still operating with the good graces of CPS. These girls did NOTHING, imho, to ever have received any 'punishment'. This is how we were treated by the 'system' some 40 years ago when I was this age. The authorities called it 'uncontrollable' then - parents being unable to 'control' children. I thought that notion went out the window years ago with the awareness of child abuse and inappropriate 'sentencing' - and, more logically the 'best' placement for children - being with their parents who can protect them. My first thought is that they were 'abused' during these placements - and, town-folk are working to silencing them - the only thing that makes sense. For those who still believe in the 'attention getting' notion - you are wrong. The eating disorder is happening because they 'gave up' the will to live for some reason - they see no hope - obvious by their trying to escape and get help - only to be punished again.

Something is up here. I now see that many have come forward to help them. Nothing still is happening? How shocking is this? These people who are holding her don't have the authority and - should be punished themselves. Someone out there - an attorney - anyone should see this and have the heart to take this on without being paid. I would try to help - but, have discovered that, though I know how this type of system works, I can do no more than I could as a child her age - I have tried. I can make this public as best I can.

The fact that I feel the frustration, helplessness, and hopelessness that they must be feeling ten-fold is telling to why they have given up - my gosh - this is going to tear apart the lives of these once happy young girls - because CPS is on a power-trip, a court system is corrupt, and foster-care parents should already be in jail? Just wow -