• Government and Corporate Interests Censor Free Speech on Nutrition

What are the supporters of the government’s “US Dietary Guidelines for Americans” afraid of? Last week, investigative journalist and author Nina Teicholz was disinvited from participating in a panel discussion at the Consumer Federation of America’s National Food Policy Conference. Other panelists reportedly said that they would not participate with her, and got the organizers of the conference to rescind Teicholz’s invitation. Why did this happen? A few background details are necessary to explain why this episode typifies how Big Food works in sneaky ways to silence dissent from the established orthodoxy.

Read full story...

"I was wrong" is necessary to say or write when true, but it's rarely heard or read. To fully explain why "I was wrong" is even better. We oppose deception. Lying by omission is an example of deception. Thank you for your participation.

It's called 'Professionalism' or 'we are the experts and everybody else should keep quiet' - it happens in every single profession and I was guilty of the same feelings in my own profession at the time - 50 years ago ! I have since realized that most areas of 'expertise' work very hard to maintain that status and HATE it when anyone outside of the group dares to have any alternative ideas - how dare they show us up, don't they know WE are the experts ! It is human frailty at it's worst, it's a very rootsy level of human feelings and the them.v.us paradigm. So - keep up the good work in discovering what is the real truth of things, and eventually when they can no longer hide it, they WILL come out and say they invented it themselves because they are humans after all and that's how humans behave !