• Judge Orders California Student Information Released to Nonprofit - Privacy Standards Violated

The Identity Theft Resource Center and Privacy Rights Clearing House want to alert all parents of school-aged children throughout California about a pending deadline to Opt-Out on the potential release of their child’s sensitive personal identifying information. The deadline for parents and adult students to object to the disclosure of personal information and records is April 1, 2016.

Read full story...

• Judge Orders California Student Information Released to Nonprofit - Privacy Standards Violated

I have been puzzled for a very long time as to why all of these "Parent Groups" don't use their collective voices to rally Congress to do what it originally promised. When IDEA was enacted by Congress in 1975, it was supposed to be funded by 40%. Congress has NEVER done that. At best, the number has been up to 21%, but usually, it's much lower. How are public schools supposed to support Special Education services without funding? Is there a Special Ed fairy godmother we don't know about? I am a general education teacher in a full inclusion program at a public school. I love my work and my students. Put the blame where it squarely belongs: The Congress of the United States of America. Passing a law that all must follow and then NOT FULLY FUNDING IT SHOULD BE A CRIME.

these people (whoever they are) have no right to know about my children's personal information...which basically means my personal information. Having your children attend school should not mean that information should be made available to the public. The judge who granted the request by the MHCPA should be removed from the bench.