• Has PBS Become a Front for Big Pharma?

A PBS Frontline documentary argues that supplements are useless—relying on “expert testimony” from paid Pharma representatives. Last week, PBS’s Frontline aired an hour-long program titled “Supplements and Safety.” Jointly produced by Frontline, the New York Times, and the Canadian Broadcasting Commission, the program was clearly intended to leave viewers with the one-sided impression that dietary supplements are unregulated, unsafe—and that ultimately you, the consumer, should not have the right to stay healthy in a manner of your choosing.

Read full story...

watchdog said: > **italicised text**Admin---Orissa said: > > A PBS Frontline documentary argues that supplements are useless—relying on “expert testimony” from paid Pharma representatives. > > > > Last week, PBS’s Frontline aired an hour-long program titled “Supplements and Safety.” Jointly produced by Frontline, the New York Times, and the Canadian Broadcasting Commission, the program was clearly intended to leave viewers with the one-sided impression that dietary supplements are unregulated, unsafe—and that ultimately you, the consumer, should not have the right to stay healthy in a manner of your choosing. > > Amarin Pharma removed the popup window promoting the PBS Frontline documentary from the VASCEPA website, but you can see the same popup window at http://www.lowermytrigs.com/, a website which was funded and developed by Amarin. The text in the popup window begins as follows: "As reported in The New York Times® and seen on PBS’ Frontline...Certain experts are concerned about the content and quality of dietary fish oil supplements. VASCEPA® (icosapent ethyl), on the other hand, is a ≥96% pure EPA omega-3 prescription product derived from natural fish oil..." Good catch! I also made a PDF of that pop-up and included it in a total debunking of every segment of the show. Frontline and PBS covered up their errors and major mistakes. It's a true scandal now! They have stonewalled many of their critics, and attacked me and Dr. Mercola for telling the truth! My post is called, Frontline Scandal.

Sierra said: > I think PBS has been paid by Big Pharma. I think last year on Sesame street they had the attorney general encouraging the children to get their vaccinations. If thats not propaganda and indoctrination absolutely disgraceful! I have never been a big Sesame Street fan - definitely it has promoted the "digital video- and sound-byte mindset" in going on 2 generations. But when they pushed the vaccines I determined my grandkids would not see a PBS character item from me ever again. Pharma has teamed up with the US govt., and they just keep extorting and printing money to buy off all the outlets. EXCEPT THIS ONE! THANK YOU GUYS!

**italicised text**Admin---Orissa said: > A PBS Frontline documentary argues that supplements are useless—relying on “expert testimony” from paid Pharma representatives. > > Last week, PBS’s Frontline aired an hour-long program titled “Supplements and Safety.” Jointly produced by Frontline, the New York Times, and the Canadian Broadcasting Commission, the program was clearly intended to leave viewers with the one-sided impression that dietary supplements are unregulated, unsafe—and that ultimately you, the consumer, should not have the right to stay healthy in a manner of your choosing. Amarin Pharma removed the popup window promoting the PBS Frontline documentary from the VASCEPA website, but you can see the same popup window at http://www.lowermytrigs.com/, a website which was funded and developed by Amarin. The text in the popup window begins as follows: "As reported in The New York Times® and seen on PBS’ Frontline...Certain experts are concerned about the content and quality of dietary fish oil supplements. VASCEPA® (icosapent ethyl), on the other hand, is a ≥96% pure EPA omega-3 prescription product derived from natural fish oil..."

I think PBS has been paid by Big Pharma. I think last year on Sesame street they had the attorney general encouraging the children to get their vaccinations. If thats not propaganda and indoctrination absolutely disgraceful!

Admin---Orissa said: > A PBS Frontline documentary argues that supplements are useless—relying on “expert testimony” from paid Pharma representatives. > > Last week, PBS’s Frontline aired an hour-long program titled “Supplements and Safety.” Jointly produced by Frontline, the New York Times, and the Canadian Broadcasting Commission, the program was clearly intended to leave viewers with the one-sided impression that dietary supplements are unregulated, unsafe—and that ultimately you, the consumer, should not have the right to stay healthy in a manner of your choosing. For the obvious answer, one only need ask: who owns PBS?