• Healthy 17 Year Old Dies Shortly After South Dakota Takes Custody Away from Mother

A 17 year old boy is dead, and his mother wants answers. The answers that Dawn Van Ballegooyen has been given by the state of South Dakota don't make sense to her, and her mother's intuition tells her that somebody is covering up what really happened to her son, Brady Alan Folkens, while he was in state custody. Most of the stories that we cover at Medical Kidnap have to do with children who were taken by the state via Child Protective Services, but there are other avenues for the state to acquire custody of minors, especially teenagers. As this heartbreaking story shows, the results can be just as devastating, no matter which government agency decides that it can do a better job of raising a child than the parents. Just as with CPS cases, Dawn was not given a choice in her son being taken from her. After failing a drug urine test at school, and being accused of belonging to a gang simply because he wore his hat backwards at school, a healthy 17 year old Brady Folkens was sent away to an "Academy Boot Camp" far away from his home where he could only talk to his mother 10 minutes a week on the phone. Two months later, as his mother made a Christmas trip to visit him, she found him dead in the hospital.

Read full story...

• Healthy 17 Year Old Dies Shortly After South Dakota Takes Custody Away from Mother

Admission of guilt by a state employee: Don Carlton Williams wrote this on his facebook wall Novemer 25, 2017:" R.I.P. Justice for Brady Alan Folkens the administrative staff at the former Star Academy messed up. Some of us spoke up, but we were ignored." Admission of guilt by a state employee!! Why doesn't anyone want to help!! My heart is so broken!!!

There is no situation so tragic that government cannot make worse.

Government is the greediest,. most corrupt and murderous force on Earth. It's not even debatable.

Gary-Carter said: > DHS pulls thousands of children from homes every year and thousands of them are killed in foster care every year. Watch Innocence Destroyed on the internet, it will make you sick. Please join the class action suit against all states to shut down DHS or they will continue to keep killing our children. Please tell me more about a class action lawsuit against the states. I'm all ears!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/axj-south-dakota/axj-writes-the-governor-of-south-dakota-regarding-brady-alan-folkens/1677133545889197

DHS pulls thousands of children from homes every year and thousands of them are killed in foster care every year. Watch Innocence Destroyed on the internet, it will make you sick. Please join the class action suit against all states to shut down DHS or they will continue to keep killing our children.

Good luck i hope you can get the state of sd take better care of juveniles. But they can do ehat they want to them. That was the case wurh us 20 years ago too

I fought the Calif. CPS for 6 months after I was falsely arrested. They did not treat my childrens asthma properly and physically abused my daughter, slammed her arm in a door and broke her wrist. We had to go to the head of social services and threaten to file suit before they gave us a new social worker who returned my children to me 2 weeks later. The first social worker put in his statement that my place of residence was barely adequit. I had a 3 bedroom condo less then a year old and every stick of furniture was brand new. I was making 60K at the time and we lacked for nothing!!!!!

Admin said: > A 17 year old boy is dead, and his mother wants answers. The answers that Dawn Van Ballegooyen has been given by the state of South Dakota don't make sense to her, and her mother's intuition tells her that somebody is covering up what really happened to her son, Brady Alan Folkens, while he was in state custody. > > Most of the stories that we cover at Medical Kidnap have to do with children who were taken by the state via Child Protective Services, but there are other avenues for the state to acquire custody of minors, especially teenagers. As this heartbreaking story shows, the results can be just as devastating, no matter which government agency decides that it can do a better job of raising a child than the parents. > > Just as with CPS cases, Dawn was not given a choice in her son being taken from her. > > After failing a drug urine test at school, and being accused of belonging to a gang simply because he wore his hat backwards at school, a healthy 17 year old Brady Folkens was sent away to an "Academy Boot Camp" far away from his home where he could only talk to his mother 10 minutes a week on the phone. > > Two months later, as his mother made a Christmas trip to visit him, she found him dead in the hospital. I just want to say that I remember this story very vividly as my daughter at the age of 14 was also placed in Star Academy at the same time as this happened and there was many times that they would put on medicine for her and never contacted me either

Admin said: > A 17 year old boy is dead, and his mother wants answers. The answers that Dawn Van Ballegooyen has been given by the state of South Dakota don't make sense to her, and her mother's intuition tells her that somebody is covering up what really happened to her son, Brady Alan Folkens, while he was in state custody. > > Most of the stories that we cover at Medical Kidnap have to do with children who were taken by the state via Child Protective Services, but there are other avenues for the state to acquire custody of minors, especially teenagers. As this heartbreaking story shows, the results can be just as devastating, no matter which government agency decides that it can do a better job of raising a child than the parents. > > Just as with CPS cases, Dawn was not given a choice in her son being taken from her. > > After failing a drug urine test at school, and being accused of belonging to a gang simply because he wore his hat backwards at school, a healthy 17 year old Brady Folkens was sent away to an "Academy Boot Camp" far away from his home where he could only talk to his mother 10 minutes a week on the phone. > > Two months later, as his mother made a Christmas trip to visit him, she found him dead in the hospital. I'm sorry for the family's loss! I had a child out to star for 4 months. I want happy with all the crap they did either.....in part when I son was shipped out there they asked for medical records, but I truly believe they never once looked at them! We went around & around with star & the places star took my son to!! My son got more out of 2 weeks here in our local community than he got out there in 4.5 months!! Again so sorry for the family's loss, its hard enough have ur child in a place like that, and then to loss that child!! My heart goes out to u!

This makes me so sick. Physically sick. All of these stories do, but this one hit me harder than most. Maybe because this beautiful boy reminds me of my 18 year old son. Smart and full of potential, had a brush with the authorities and truancy court a couple years ago that had the potential to go SO wrong. Anyway it sure got me thinking, and I'm just heartbroken for this Mom.

David said: > He died because he was taken from his family by a un feeling agency that does not care about anything but making money kidnapping children, using the medical angle they get around family court and get direct custody, That hospital should be held accountable and sued down to there socks. DAvid, It was not necessarily the hospital's fault. You can't throw a dying patient to a doctor and tell him to figure out what is wrong in 20 minutes. The Boot Camp killed him when they threw this "hot potato" to the emergency room when Brady should have had care days earlier. They said he died from Parvo virus...a mild pathogen that most people just brush away and get better without even going to the doctor. It only becomes serious if the child is abused and not allowed to rest and recover. Make no mistake...the Governor's favorite pet project for messing with families....Starr Boot camp killed him.

He died because he was taken from his family by a un feeling agency that does not care about anything but making money kidnapping children, using the medical angle they get around family court and get direct custody, That hospital should be held accountable and sued down to there socks.