• Dr. Brownstein: Nobody Knows What Optimal Blood Pressure Values Should Be

Nobody knows what the optimal blood pressure values should be. I can assure you there is not one number that is optimal for everyone at every age. When I was in medical school, I was taught that normal blood pressure rises with age. This is still true. As we age, our arteries become stiffer therefore, we require a higher blood pressure to pump blood to the entire body. It is ludicrous to believe that an 80-year-old should have the same blood pressure as a 20-year-old. Setting blood pressure guidelines for everyone at 120 mm Hg or less guarantees that nearly every adult over the age of 40 will require a blood pressure medication in order to meet these guidelines. This study is another example of the Powers-That-Be trying to scare us into taking more unnecessary drugs.

Read full story...

• Dr. Brownstein: Nobody Knows What Optimal Blood Pressure Values Should Be

My friend. 86 years old has been having his blood pressure of over 90 distolic and +160 Systolic for almost 20 years. Excellent for his age. Can some one explain? I am 80+ years of age, have allergy of sleep preventing dry cough against Ace inhitors, Beta Blockers and also Calcium depletors. I use Telmisraten 40 mg. Had an angioplasty. Otherwise very healthy to my age. But systolic blood pressure shoots up some times o 180-190 at times. When I control diet for low calorie 1000 per day, no eggs, no meat, no fat, aiming Cholesterol of below 150, no alcohol etc, no strength to walk! But when started eating well I am alright. Docteryors say I am not well. Was about to fix a pace maker but I used "Terminalia Arjuna" costing Daily US$ 0-50 per month my congestive heart failure disappeared. Instead of going for expensive treatment you people must comt Kerala and cure most sicknesses at very low cost.