• Infant with Brittle Bones Medically Kidnapped in North Carolina as Mother is Arrested

When police arrested North Carolina mother Marty Peele on charges of child abuse last summer, her friends say they knew there had to be another explanation for 4 month old Micah's injuries. They say that the picture that was painted by the media was inconsistent with what they know of Marty, and that she couldn't possibly have done the things that she has been accused of. Petreana Anderson is one of Marty's friends who considers herself "a pretty good judge of character." She told Health Impact News: "I hate that they [the media] painted her as a monster. That woman wouldn't hurt anybody." Local media reported that Marty was accused of breaking 12 of Micah's ribs and 2 shoulder blades, as well as leaving deep bite marks. However, several expert doctors have now issued reports that there are indeed very plausible explanations for Micah's injuries, and they strongly assert that he was not abused. Child Protective Services has ordered her not to have any contact with her baby, or with any other child under age 18, and she is facing a criminal trial for felony child abuse.

Read full story...

• Infant with Brittle Bones Medically Kidnapped in North Carolina as Mother is Arrested

Marty, my heart breaks for you. In had flashbacks as I read your story.

I empathise with this poor family as I know first hand the problems of having a child with osteogenesis imperfecta. I hope things get sorted out quickly so mother and baby can be reunited.

This is probably osteogenesis imperfecta, all the right characteristics. Many parents with oi babies have this happen to them. Sad.

This is beyond heartbreaking me and my children suffer from heds with crossovers of ceds and I'm really thankful to have a good medical team in place. This is a horrible condition and alot of people don't find out until later on in life or until a tragic like this happens. It's sad that our medical community aren't more educated on this condition and ate jumping to child abuse instead of looking more into what's really going on. Hopefully us with these conditions will change this in the future, because this medical kidnapping is getting out of hand and tearing loving families apart!! We didn't ask to be more this way we didn't ask for these conditions. Get educated medical professions!!!! I hope the best for this family and that her and her son can be together and fight this fight together!!!