• GMO Chicken that Produces Drugs in Eggs Approved

The floodgates are open for more genetically modified animals—possibly even humans. Last week saw the approval of another genetically modified animal— this time a chicken genetically altered to produce a drug in its eggs. The drug is designed to replace a faulty enzyme in people with a rare genetic condition that prevents the body from breaking down fatty molecules in cells. This is the stuff of dystopian science fiction stories, and we may be approaching such a world faster than we think.

Read full story...

• GMO Chicken that Produces Drugs in Eggs Approved

Since the early 2000s i've been saying this idiocy would come to pass. So we are told GMOs are going to become medicine IN our foods. You knew they were going to push that, AND claim how wonderful and intelligent they are for doing so. So here's Thanksgiving - GMO style. Family is gathered around the table and there are 3 generations at this table. Dad/Grampa is in his mid-60s and has a bit of a heart condition and blood pressure issues. Little Brian is ADHD and on Adderol - plus has a mild form of autism which makes his functioning somewhat borderling. His older teen sister is obese from all those HFCS things she is addicted to - oops, they have new names to hide the HFCS stigma now - she eats those things. Her mom is on anti-depressants and as far as anyone knows the dad isn't doing any drugs. "Pass the sweet potatoes" Mom says - and suddenly Chris - the sister says - "Mom - aren't the anticoagulant drugs in that going to have a bad reaction with your happy pills." Mother sends a scorching look, but sighs - as her daughter happens to be correct. "Well, i'll just have some mashed potatoes then - maybe some gravy." Gramps says "Well i wish i could. Those WERE my favorite part of a lot of meals, but now since they have that sedative thing going on, they'd put out my lights in a heartbeat...." Brian grabs some deviled eggs - and slips into a quiet, meditatiive - no? Semi-comatose state - and the EMTs are called out again....