• California Holds Medically Kidnapped Adult Daughter for 14 Years

Jeffrey and Elsie Golin have been fighting against the State of California and California’s San Andreas Regional Center (SARC) for nearly fifteen years to have their daughter returned to them. SARC is a community-based, private nonprofit corporation that is funded by the State of California to serve people with developmental disabilities and works with Stanford University. The Golins are fighting for their autistic daughter Nancy’s right to be able to return home to live with them, and fighting for the right to advocate for their daughter’s best interests. According to their main attorney, Dave Beauvais, there are two main issues that lie at the heart of this ongoing case. The first is the issue of the Golin’s losing all rights to act in their own daughter Nancy’s best interests and the second is the issue of whether a person who is disabled has the same protection under the U.S. Constitution as a non-disabled person does. The two issues the state brought as grounds for removing Nancy from their care were the fact that she wanders away and the fact that the Golins disagreed with the doctors at Stanford University about which medication was best to prevent Nancy’s seizures.

Read full story...

I am ashamed to say I live in CA. No one deserves this kind of treatment from anyone, any agency, any state, any government official, any state official or any doctor. Someone needs to help this family! All of you should be totally ashamed of yourselves. Where the hell are your ethical values and morals as professionals? as people? Absolutely disgusting.

Admin said: > Jeffrey and Elsie Golin have been fighting against the State of California and California’s San Andreas Regional Center (SARC) for nearly fifteen years to have their daughter returned to them. SARC is a community-based, private nonprofit corporation that is funded by the State of California to serve people with developmental disabilities and works with Stanford University. The Golins are fighting for their autistic daughter Nancy’s right to be able to return home to live with them, and fighting for the right to advocate for their daughter’s best interests. > > According to their main attorney, Dave Beauvais, there are two main issues that lie at the heart of this ongoing case. The first is the issue of the Golin’s losing all rights to act in their own daughter Nancy’s best interests and the second is the issue of whether a person who is disabled has the same protection under the U.S. Constitution as a non-disabled person does. > > The two issues the state brought as grounds for removing Nancy from their care were the fact that she wanders away and the fact that the Golins disagreed with the doctors at Stanford University about which medication was best to prevent Nancy’s seizures. My heart went out for you when I read your article. My x placed my autistic son in a group home without my knowledge or consent over 5 years ago., how tri counties accepted him without my permission is still a complete mystery.I have been allowed only a couple of visits since his placement, on one occasion they accused me of being intoxicated and took all my visitation rights away, I finally agreed stupidly to supervised visitation, but as it is not court ordered I do not wish to comply as it could go on forever.so now I am still looking and paying for lawyers non of which have been o f any assistance, I have written numerous letters to the judge and not had any replies.it is so very very hard,

I highly recommend this family go to a website named Mad in America, and do some reading. And write a story about their child's abduction by today's psychiatric industry for that website, it will likely be printed. I, too, pray for justice for this family, and all those who have been abused by today's for profit only US psychiatric industry, due to belief in God, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus, in other words common decency, or because their children have disabilities. And there are a massive number of people, especially American children, as Whitaker pointed out in his book, "Anatomy of an Epidemic" who have dealt with completely iatrogenic harm, via the psychiatric drugs. I'm not certain I personally agree with all required within what is legally required to post on this website, according to all your legal ramifications, but hope my suggestions are helpful.

horrific! just goes to show, once the psych ward gets their hands on you they will not let go...too much profit at stake. I pray for poor Nancy and her family to be freed from the prison at stanford univ (research center) and to regain her health. I pray justice, in the name of Jesus, prevails for the family.