• Surveillance Videos Show Foster Children Abuse in Connecticut

Connecticut’s Office of the Child Advocate released an investigative report in July saying children were being illegally restrained and secluded at the two juvenile detention facilities run by the Department of Children and Families (DCF). On Sept. 15, the Child Advocate decided to release confidential surveillance videos that show children attempting suicide after staff secluded them during an emotional crisis. In a web conference, Child Advocate Sarah Eagan read from staff incident reports while playing video footage from the Pueblo Unit, the DCF girls’ detention facility. One staff described how a girl was dragged from the hallway by five staff members and locked in a room with one small window, out of view. “Another staff [member] walked around outside the building to look inside the window,” Eagan said. “The resident was observed with her shirt tied tightly around the neck, her face bright red and her head swaying.” Eagan says the girl was then taken to a hospital. That incident of self-harm was one of eight incidents documented in the surveillance videos released on Tuesday. The Child Advocate’s report found that, over the course of a year, boys and girls at the facilities tried to injure or kill themselves at least 55 times.

Read full story...

we need family reform in all 50 states I had my grand children they told lies on me the social services never even tried to check thes lies out to see if it was the truth or not went on kids that had a lot of problums but was loved a lot by a grand mother but theses people did not care we need a change who is with me I want to go to Washington and tell thoses people there we need a change in family courts

This is not the first won't be the last if the government is refusing to lesson to parents on wrongful removal each day. My children told me back in December,2012 the foster parents were placing Christobal and Aliezah in cold shower for 20 minutes. Trying to make my children say I abuse them it was reported and nothing got done. Even the Social Worker Monica Tobias placed my son in Laurel Ridge Treatment Center were he was strapped to table drugged whole day Tell medication kick in. On false affidavit for me going to higher management each day innocent child taken abused in state care no one is doing anything about it. These are innocent children who are crying for their parents want to go home no one can take care of them like the parents the one's who are innocent. I have witnessed cruel punishment to child in five years have been voice for children to be returned home. My faith in Lord it will happen one day everyone involved in abusing neglecting our children will be held accountable for there actions falsifying government documentation.

Obvious: the log/event reports don't match what video reveals actually happened in many instances. One is, how can a teen "choke" a guard while he's in a double backward arm hold by 2 huge guards? Another was when several guards tackled a girl as she walked toward desk thinking she could speak to her caseworker, but they had LIED to her about that. And, I never saw Roberto banging the wall as he lay there crying with his arms under his chest, did you? In fact, Roberto never resisted and complied every time. Obvious: Staff don't have any concern to listen or investigate a resident's fear of going back into a room or class where resident says she/he was hurt or threatened. They ought to take that seriously, ahum..in the name of "safety" & let resident wait while story is checked out (as if someone gives a damn). Obvious: Staff are scared, guards are overzealous, they all practice overkill and who addresses the teens' concerns, fears, pains? I'd bet donuts to dollars the kids never get real therapy, learn coping skills, participate in anything that would help build self esteem and personal empowerment so they can move on from there & have a chance to live a regular life. Just force, rules, punishment, suffering deprivation of human dignity, and, of course, psychotropic drugs to keep the cycle going. Wonder when last time or if ever they get nutritional food and drink? or sunshine (vitamin D)? or music and singing? or Art therapy? or anything positive & fun? Yes, I call the staff "guards" because they are mere enforcers.

This evil abuse of innocent children ( and their families) MUST STOP. DO NOT CONSENT. Anyone who cares about these innocent children, and their families, must join together to stop this. Any human being with a heart, soul, and a mind that is still working must know deep within that this is unacceptable.................this is pure evil. DO NOT CONSENT. We must join together - on many levels - to STOP THIS - it is out of control, and as citizens we must take control back. We need child-protective lawyers to help at a national level, as well as state and county levels. NO CHILD DESERVES to be tortured, drugged, taken from their loved ones........blessings