• Former UCLA Medical Center Pediatrician: Let Parents Choose on Measles Vaccine

A pediatrician in Southern California, who is a faculty member at UCLA Medical Center and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, was recently interviewed by CBS News regarding the recent measles outbreaks. He admitted that more than half his patients have either refused the measles vaccine (only available in a three-vaccine combo as MMR, measles, mumps, rubella), or delayed getting it. He stated that he did not believe that measles posed any risk for healthy children.

Read full story...

• Former UCLA Medical Center Pediatrician: Let Parents Choose on Measles Vaccine

Because, vaccine given aren't just dead Measles viruses. It contains harmful chemicals that can cause harm to your kids. Why don't you do some research on how vaccines are made before you spew out some nonsense. If you truly cared about your kids, you wouldn't vaccinate them. But I'm gonna guarantee you're either too lazy or too dumb to look into how vaccines are made.

A supplement? Really? My vitamins don't contain formaldehyde, mercury, or other harmful pathogens... Not to mention, vaccines do not guarantee immunity, as stated in the article. If you trust your vaccines to protect you then stop worrying about those who choose not to vaccinate.

Vaccine shedding is real. This child in Baltimore got measles through taking the vaccine http://www.wbaltv.com/news/possible-measles-case-in-a-12monthold-from-baltimore/30902712

"Then the vaccine shouldn't either." This is a false and dangerous assumption, and shows the general ignorance that many have regarding vaccines. The vaccine is not simply a pure measles virus. For one thing, it is a combination of three viruses and three vaccines, as there is no "measles vaccine" even available. You are forced to also be vaccinated for mumps and rubella. Secondly, the vaccine contains much more than just the viruses. It contains adjuvants, and many of these are very toxic, such as aluminum. Everybody considering purchasing a vaccine or giving one to a tiny child should be required to read the package insert for that vaccine, listing the ingredients and possible side effects. Lastly, like many who are pro-vaccine, you assume that the vaccine is effective for that which it is marketed for. However, that is simply a belief, not a scientific fact. To scientifically prove that vaccines can prevent a disease, there has to be a true scientific study conducted comparing the health of those who are vaccinated with those who are not, and the CDC has admitted that such a study has never been conducted. The fact that so many are getting sick with measles who are fully vaccinated against it proves that this is not a scientific fact, but a belief. We should not force our beliefs upon others.

"He stated that he did not believe that measles posed any risk for healthy children." Then the vaccine shouldn't either. Healthy kids have immune systems that will protect them from most diseases. If they are healthy, then what's the problem with getting a little extra protection from a shot? It's like taking a supplement when your diet is already top notch. Get the shot and help protect others in the community who have weaker immune systems or are too young to get it.

Dr. Gordon is one of the most intelligent and kind persons I have ever known in my life. Thank God he was also the pediatrician we chose in 1982...and 1985. Mind you, he is not against vaccines, but he does what is ethically and morally right when considering that parents, not the CDC, know what is best for their children. There are consequences to ever action we take in life and parents know this. Please study both sides of this important issue, as though your child's life is dependent upon you making the right choice-because it is.

At the moment there is a lot in the media about a pandemic of measles. I live in the UK and my Doctor insisted that my child at 3years have the MMR jab, I declined, he threatened me with everything, however, I stayed with the decision not to vaccinate my child. As a child I had everything, measles,German measles, chicken pox, scarlet fever, my Mom kept me off School and looked after me making sure I was hydrated and rested and after a few days that was it, back to normal. Most of the time I was taken to a neighbors house so I could catch whatever their children had so it was done and dusted. This article is about choice as a parent, my choice was to decline the MMR I looked at the labels of the vaccines and felt that putting that kind of poison into my son's body wasn't healthy. If you read the article of the children who have contracted measles they have already had the MMR so how come they have measles?

I heard this morning that we will sooner or later have "no more jabs", meaning they will find a delivery system that will not require a visit to the doctor or needles. They'll just spray it in the air and everyone will have their "immunizations" probably without knowing it. Won't that be wonderful? NOT!!!

Lovely article! I saw him on the news and was so pleased with his confident remarks about the measles. We need more doctors like Dr. Gordon. I hope that this movement will continue to sweep across our nation. One part of this article mentions that adults vaccines have worn off. These angry pro vax parents should chew on their own immunities for a bit.