• Eight year old Jaxon Taken By Hospital When Parents Ask For Second Opinion

A Missouri doctor recently told a little boy that, if she had it her way, he would never see his mommy and daddy again. This was after 8 year old Jaxon was seized from his parents' custody based solely on a statement from this single doctor. His parents, Tiffany and Jason Adams, are desperately trying to bring him home after what appears to be his doctor's retaliation because they "dared to seek a second opinion." The Adams insisted that they had a right to seek another opinion. The doctor in charge of the care of their son replied: “I want you to know big hospitals take kids away from families for this stuff.”

Read full story...

childrens mercy hospital is wrongly named - no mercy more like. They should be shut down and people held accountable. Thank God I don't live in America.

its time we stand up against social services I have a similar case except my dad called it in and then they took my new born when he was nurseing they was suppose to give me six months but they took him at two weeks. the foster mom is abusing and neglecting my boys and they are trying to cover it up. Want I don't get is why are they messing with us when their are other children out their that are the ones that need to be in the system its time for us to stand up and say enough is enough sue them or something to get the word out.

child services where call on my family as my child was life-flighted to springfield MO from Joplin MO Mercy ER. She had a brain tumor no abuse Just a brain tumor!!!! I was worried about my child and took her to the ER she had a bleed in her brain and it was a tumor and I had to deal with family services because I got my child the help she needed.

What is the doctor's name who lied to CPS and told them he was in imminent danger of his organs shutting down. He should be sued into oblivion for this slanderous irresponsible lie and should lose his license to practice medicine.

Having lived for twenty years in the state of Missouri (read misery) Please allow me to relate to you my experience with their idea of a justice system and child medical care... I, a white middle-aged male, having two sons born there, (now 18 and 20), having been falsely accused through an "anonymous tip" (insane babysitter) to DFS once when they were very young (I stood up to them and they backed down because divide and conquer (of the spouses) didn't work in this instance) ...having 15 years later gone through a nearly a year of divorce proceeding during which I was falsely accused and separated for 7 months (4 months by false exparte) with no contact from my sons, watching their mother twice commit class D felonies (taking kids and property out of state during the divorce) driving the youngest child to a clinical diagnosis of major depression...with the judge repeatedly( 4 times) refusing to hear a motion for emergency custody, with my attorney refusing to consider charges because as she stated "we don't enforce THAT law when it comes to mothers in missouri"...watching the court system take another five months ($20K tally) to grant a divorce after the mother abandoned the case, the kids, and the state (I have sole physical and legal custody (VERY rare in MO) the kids haven't heard from her at all in almost 3 years)...watching the Greene county district attorney file charges against me for harassment by communication (which originated through provably false 911 calls made by the the ex)...arraigned ($) yet dropped at the first hearing due to lack of evidence)...getting laid off in blatant work discrimination (upcoming $60k surgery)from my non-union (self-insured) local corporate job during all of this....watching the state refuse to pursue the mother for child support...watching DFS tell me I would not qualify for food stamps or medical assistance for the first two months because "this program is for people who need it"....watching DFS revoke coverage (after two covered oral surgeries and braces application for necessary corrective maxillofacial surgery) during treatment of my eldest because they said they "could not prove his citizenship"....watching it take 5 months for Legal Services to make "just one phone call" for reinstatement of said coverage...(one month before his 19th b-day when coverage cuts off irrevocably)...watching the civil court system not serve notice (mo sewer service) resulting in financial judgement because the mother let her car get repossessed..watching agents of the courts (attorneys) tell me I can't file chapter7 because my payment of joint accounts are considered "spousal support for the ex"...and no chapter13 because I had to have a job that pays enough to satisfy all creditors..watching 6 out of seven of those court agents tell me there is no defense against sewer service (outright lie), with only one willing to fight it for an initial $10K retainer... I have a piece of advice to offer that can help your situation. MOVE OUT OF THAT HELLHOLE AND DON'T LOOK BACK! The corruption is so rampant, there is no hope of positive change in the system there. First of course, get your kid back, but realize when you get a demand from social services in any state, you are NOT obligated to answer their questions without a court order and an attorney present, or surrender your children on their demand. Also, barring criminal conviction, no court has the right to restrict your right nor ability to relocate out of their jurisdiction. Most of what passes for humans in that industry (DFS, court system, and it is an industry$) are simply trying to justify their presence on the state payrolls and increase their workload for expansion of taxpayer funding. It really is all about the money and they don't give a damn about the well being of your kids, your family, or you. Finally, having studied independently on health issues and holistic treatment nearly all of my adult life, (with formal training of only three semesters in 2013, nursing prerequisites (3.7GPA) I would recommend you read research on natural holistic treatments involving hemp oils high in CBD's and it has no THC. Amazing stuff the pharmaceutical companies are currently rushing to isolate and "patent" for FDA approval($).....right now, it's cheap, effective for many, and you can even buy it in missouri... but you need to get out of that place and heal yourself, your family and your son. I would recommend a fresh start in Colorado. Best of Good Fortune to you and yours.

Its really sad that parents cabt even get a secind opinion anymore without hospitaks calling it child abuse and taking awat your kids. This whole world is all jacked up. We have children who have dued because they were truly being abused at home or in foster care and cps never did there jobs. Then we have parents who live their children deeply and would do anything for them and their children get taken away. What a sad world we live in now.I will be praying for this family. I feel bad fir the whole family but especially the little boy.

It sounds to me like the hospital had already had an adjenda and had made him a part of a study unbeknownst to the parents. To pull him to get a second opinion would have screwed up their control group "test" subject. This is why the Doctor was so infuriated at them wanting a second opinion. I pray that this little guy is returned home quickly and that the parents are able to sue the hospital for neglect.

I agree with Kenneth, The Parents need to sue the Hospital , And the Dr,

(yet another)- Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy- part of a long list of fraudulent, abusive, profit driven psychiatric "illnesses" whose perpetrators should be tried, and likely found guilty, of culpable negligence, coercion, involuntary treatment, misrepresentation, conflict of interest, fraud, failure to uphold hold human/civil/patient rights, and harmful outcomes issues related to: professional ethics, conduct and standards issues in psychiatry

This is a crying shame. I pray for the parents and Jax and that the judge rules in their favor. I am disgusted that Children's Mercy would do this to any family.

What are the doctors afraid of if parents want a second opinion? The doctor they would see also would have medical training. So really this is not even about not seek medical attention but ego and power tripping. Also as noted there are adverse financial incentives to have done such to this boy as well as over 40 other families in the Kanas city area. This is one area the laws need to be more clearly defined. Parents should have a right to seek other medical opinions and chose the ones they discern best meet the needs of their child. What is happening is tyranny and that is not the way the court system is suppose to be about. Unfortunately there are parallel systems at work, one for the criminal system, and the other for child welfare. This begs the question if there is not enough evidence to charge and convict a parent or abuse how on earth can there be enough for a removal?

Please be advised that all and any doctors involved in your care are hounded to publish. This means they are ALL doing studies on YOU without your permission. I'm not sure what the medical groups aka insurance get for the papers being published, but I do know that the doctors can then be invited by universities to speak and they are paid the handsome fees of $25-100 THOUSAND US dollars for each presentation depending on how long their speech and demonstration is. They get hooked on this easy money (medical crack) and can't give it up then. We are the lab rats and we do not get asked permission or paid to take part in these studies that may not be diagnosing or prescribing treatments in your best interest. Instead they "watch" you "results" and write papers. Disgusting what the alleged medical INDUSTRY has turned into. It's not your television idea of medical at all.

In an attempt to expose, confront, and stop DCFS abuse I have started the Liberty Scraps channel. I will be seeking out and posting videos that highlight the fight against DCFS / CPS corruption. We must fight and scrap to maintain, preserve, and expand upon the few scraps of liberty our current police state allows. I am a 21 year police veteran and current police detective that has actively investigated hundreds of child abuse cases. I am also a victim of DCFS corruption. I offer the following advice: Do not ever speak to DCFS...When they come to your home, step outside and close the door behind you...Collect their business card and listen to the allegation against you...Then exert your right to reman silent and do so...Do not answer ANY questions. Do not allow them into your home. Do not allow them to see or interview your children. Do not sign anything. Do not provide them with ANY information about your children or family. If you have time, record the at the door encounter. If your children are old enough, teach them how to exercise their right to remain silent; children should exercise their right to remain silent if interviewed at school or if DCFS comes back to your home with an investigative warrant (school interviews can be avoided by home schooling your children). Any investigative warrant obtained solely on an uncorroborated anonymous allegation to the DCFS hotline is illegal; you should seek an attorney to file a federal civil rights lawsuit under 42 USC 1983 if DCFS serves an illegal warrant on your home.

Out of the many stories I've read on the site and as heartbreaking as they all are, and as much as they've angered me, I haven't commented but the doctor that told him he'd never see his mommy or daddy again, just really got to me. I've never experienced anything like this or know anyone who has. That comment just angered me so much it's ridiculous. I can't belive believe this happens.

Essentially it is little different under Childrens Aid Society (CAS) in Ontario. I wish we had a guerrilla military unit to help families in this position.

and if the boy dies the parents will be blamed

Atrocious malfeasance and Criminal abuse of the whole family . The Law must be changed and upheld Parents must have absolute rights by statute. Parents must be heard. These "doctors" should be prosecuted. Also struck off for life, and given a lenghty jail sentence. Suzette

There is no such thing as Munchausens! The spychiatrist who invented it , former professor Sir Roy Meadow, was completely discredited and stripped of his qualifications.

Sound advice. I pray that a quick solution to this nightmare.