• Fight Rages for Teenager Isaiah Rider's Freedom - His Mother Commits "Cardinal Sin" Of Questioning Doctors

It's the nightmare that they just can't wake up from. 17-year-old Isaiah Rider is still in foster care and cannot go home to his mom, all because his mother committed what has been called the "cardinal sin" - she dared challenge the doctors when her son was in pain and not getting better. For that crime, Michelle Rider and her son are being punished by CPS and the hospital that couldn't find an answer for him. Michelle trusted the doctors to help her son, who has neurofibromatosis, a rare condition which causes painful tumors on the nerves. However, when Isaiah was still suffering severe pain for weeks after the surgery that was supposed to fix things, she did what any good mother would do - she questioned them, and fought for her child. The term "Mama Bear" comes to mind - it's what moms do. However, some of the doctors at Lurie Children's Hospital in Chicago reportedly bristled at the audacity of one who would dare challenge their authority, and they pushed back.

Read full story...

• Fight Rages for Teenager Isaiah Rider's Freedom - His Mother Commits "Cardinal Sin" Of Questioning Doctors

I have the same disorder as Isaiah...just not as severe the way he is being treated is horrible....he has done nothing wrong how can you arrest someone who has done nothing wrong?

My jaw is dropping with this story about Isaiah Rider. We HAVE to do something about this. The pattern is clear. We MUST break up this cozy medical/CPS/Court power complex. I have my own experience with this system and know of what I speak.

I am very disheartened by this institution that I trusted with the life of my child and the well being of my family. While Luries Children Hospital suppose to be a place that has children best interest at heart the public has been distracted by the outer appearance that families miss the Big Picture...PROPER SERVICE to all kind regardless of economic status. In the midst of trying to find a solution for my child's health problems this institution has caused me and my family nothing but great pain, grief and stress. The assigned social worker Ms. Joanne Singleton has been the initiator and facilitator of all of this. Even though I have seek assistance from her supervisor, patient relation and the hospital administrative staff no one has attempted to address my concerns as my child continue to be in their care which is out of my control at this point. While 1st being diagnosed with inorganic failure to thrived , DCFS being notified of the false allegations and performed an improper investigation, 3 months later while still being hospitalize the medical team discover a bile obstruction. As the family has now been faced with uninformed experimentation procedures, lack of respect, lack of communication, mistreatment and humiliation by hospital staff. I am in great need of legal representation with this matter. I am very disheartened by this institution that I trusted with the life of my child. While this suppose to be a place that has children best interest at heart; In the midst of trying to find a solution for my child's health problems this institution has caused me and my family nothing but great pain, grief and stress. While 1st being diagnosed with inorganic failure to thrive, false allegations and DCFS performed an improper investigation. As the family has now been faced with uninformed experimentation procedures, lack of respect and communication, mistreatment and humiliation by hospital staff.

Just get this battle over with

This not right Isaiah is already been traumatized. And taken away too long from his mom that he loves so much. This battle must end the Holidays are fast approaching. Just let Isaiah go home to his mom now

When I was a child my doctor tried to do the same thing to my mom because she disagreed with a surgery he wanted me to have after he made several bad decisions with medicine that nearly cost me my eyesight. Unbeknownst to my mother he opened a court case to take me to another state and have me get the surgery while removing custody from my mother. Thank God a nurse tipped her off and she was able to remove me from his care. The next doctor I had was secretly feeding him information about my condition even though my mother expressly asked not to involve him. After, I had to hide from hospitals as he was contacting every cardiologist in the state looking for me. I was months old when I was his patient and he followed me for 10 years! Once my mother stopped taking me to hospitals I got better. He told my mother I would die in 3 months w/o his care,meaning i would make it to 6 months....im now 27 and healthy.

I lived in chicago in the mid to late 90"s..I experienced the police state on a personal level. I worked in the mental health system and it was very oppressive and abusive...all one needed was a doctor to say someone needed to be put in a hospital and the hospitalization would last for months and months..the lawyers and doctors and judges and court system is about power and control and they are all padding each other's pockets...I experienced it myself...it was so bad I chose to get out of Chicago..It is a prison without wallls....

It seems CPS, like DHS has "policies", practices, and procedures that are predominantly originated from the current "mental health" system, controlled and originated largely by the psychiatric "profession" and it's monopoly over this system. The medical profession in general has obviously followed suite, still embracing psychiatry's mainstream under it's "umbrella". I think it's important to recognize that, and become aware of the abuses of psychiatric power, it's origins, and of those challenging it's reign. So, I'm sharing my Facebook Page, Mental health/psychiatric watchdog