• CBS 7 in Texas Covers Medical Kidnap of Baby Kathryn

In a story of medical kidnap in Texas first reported by Health Impact News, CBS 7 in west Texas interviewed the mother of the 4 month old baby that a local hospital seized after the mother raised concerns about the care she was receiving. We applaud Lauren Lanmon and CBS 7 for giving the parents a voice in speaking out against medical child kidnapping. Show your support by visiting their website and reading their report. They need to know that these are the kinds of stories the media should be publishing to stand up for the rights of parents who are having their children seized by doctors and CPS simply for wanting to seek a second opinion on the care of their child. Seeing a lot of traffic to the story will help them know this is an important issue to be addressed.

Read full story...

Thank you for covering this story- If I had gotten a second opinion when my mother got cancer, she might still be alive today. thank you for covering this story even if there was opposition.

The CPS has too much power is obviously corrupt for stating that parents are only allowed to keep their children because the government allows it!!! They are truly sick

I am an outsider reading this via the internet; if this is true, there is a very serious situation happening in a country that is supposed to be the number 1 civilized society in the world. Is it perhaps related, like most other things, to a financial consideration? I live in very young country that is counted as backward, behind the times and thought not really worthy to be considered in the world hierarchy, but nothing like this has ever happened here. In fact, people are encouraged to seek a second opinion...

People need to be made aware of this issue I experienced a similar issue when my daughter was 3 months old when I asked for a 2nd opinion Wommack hospital in fort Bragg nc called CPS on me and my husband and tried to have out daughter taken from us just for asking for a second opinion because they did not want me to breast feed my daughter and the only reason they did not take her is because I agreed to compley with the hospital stop breast feeding and only use formula it is ridiculous I was told by a CPS worker that the only reason any parent has the right to have there child in there presence is because the government allows us too

Another child with a rare genetic condition seized by a hospital. ever wonder why it is never a child with a common condition ?

Thank you Lauren Lanmon!!! Please keep reporting on these type of stories!! Such a travasty of justice. Something has to be done!

It happened to our family as well Unbelievable in the U.S..

Thank you for reporting this story and please follow up with this family!!

Thank you for bringing awareness to this horrible situation. Sadly, it is only one of many such cases happening in the USA. I strongly urge everyone to watch this free online movie about the state of Parental Rights in our country and what can be done to reclaim our rights. ParentalRights.org is working to add the Parental Rights Amendment to the US Constitution to prevent these types of government kidnappings and get the government out of the lives of loving families:http://www.overruledmovie.com/

I have called the police and reported a complaint to the hospital. I wish there was more I could do. I pray for this family every day and Im so thankful that the story is getting out.

This is not right. The parents should always be allowed to have a second opinion when seeking to find the best medical options for their parents. The CPS needs to be restrained from jumping to conclusions so fast.

THANK YOU! For reporting on tis story. Please continue to advocate for parents caught up in these criminal and bureaucratic nightmares being perpetuated throughout the United States….

Thank you for bringing this out in the open.

Thank you for covering a story like this, it is becoming common in the U.S where you can't ask for a second opinion or change Doctors for your child without the state taking them away.