• Mom of 2 Year Old Special-Needs Child Asked for Help: Arizona CPS Took Him Away Instead

Lisa Meltzer is an Arizona mom of a special needs little boy. She and her family received special training to care for this precious little baby. But one day Lisa was so sick, she felt she needed more help than her family could supply for her son for a short time, while she recovered from her sickness. She called the Arizona State social services to request help. But according to Lisa, instead of helping, they removed the child from her custody and are now offering him up for adoption to foster parents. Even though she has not been charged with abuse, the state apparently believes they can remove the child simply based on his complicated medical needs. Her parental rights have allegedly been violated, as she has not been able to visit her 2 year old son for 4 months, and the Arizona Attorney General and Family Court Judge allegedly removed her from court when she tried to speak up for her parental rights. What is going on in Arizona?

Read full story...

• Mom of 2 Year Old Special-Needs Child Asked for Help: Arizona CPS Took Him Away Instead

AZ is doing reform triptych. It's a bit of a trick to deal with, because they basically manufacture unfounded rationale to do whatever they want. A licensed and unethical psychologist in these circumstances has the will of God against all forms of reason and is a proxy predator on the intelligence of the mother and the family. Very sad.

My children have been destroyed by AZ family court. I doubt any of us will fully recover from the tragedy the AZ court has brought upon our lives. I'm heart broken for the pain my children have gone through and it's still going on after 6 yrs!!! I never thought this could happen to an excellent mother in the United States. It's like we have been in a 6 yr nightmare that won't end. No one will help, it seems hopeless.

@suizou... you are absolutely right about this. A very large number of people do not believe this is even occurring right under their noses. UNTIL... it happens to them or someone they know. Then... and only then will they open their closed minds !!!

Arizona is one of the worst states in my opinion. No wonder they kidnapped this child. Guaranteed federal funds for life. This is very sad.

Refusing treatment even for a speech delay can lead to CPS involvement as its considered neglect. I'm in a similar situation. It may take awhile but eventually they will come in knocking. The dr being aware of the delay and noting lack of treatment is where it all begins,

This is why I refuse to accept help for my 3yr old w a speech delay and ADHD. I told them I don't need their services. Ty but no Ty. This was almost a month ago. Hopefully standing my ground is enough w these scumbags. .

This is her FB page: https://www.facebook.com/JoeyKangarooMeltzer The Miracle for Two Sisters page is very active, and has o do with another case right there in Phoenix. I know that there are activists on that page who can get you the information you need on the legislators. Just ask on that page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Miracle-For-Two-Sisters/327945754051748 And THANK YOU, Melissa.

That's just what I was thinking when I read this story. They were really just doing everything automatically. This case is a perfect example of how CPS wrongly takes kids. It sounded like the new caseworker was assuming that termination of parental rights was the goal because that's what they always do. Then the psychologist makes something up to back this up because that's what they always do. They didn't even bother to really look at the case, I bet.

CPS is out of control, and needs to be investigated. When you think about it they are nothing more than a legalized child trafficking ring. They take children from loving and protective homes on no more than mere allegations from people who may have a vengeance to satisfy. Then place them with people who may have ulterior motives for being fosters, or who can't conceive on their own and ,may even bribe CPS agents and judges, effectively "buying" the children. The real parents are left so traumatized by the ordeal that they can't function. They are ordered to spend large sums of money or do things they may be incapable of accomplishing on their own, and CPS offers no assistance to help them attain these goals.The ones here in our town that I have met are arrogant, hostile and flagrant liars. I have seen them lie under oath. They use "shaken baby syndrome" as a means to snatch babies, when it has recently been researched and confirmed that this condition can be mimicked by a vitamin D deficiency. Pray that this organization will be investigated, and fixed.

Tina, what Steve means when he says it is not broken is that they INTEND for it to work this way, evil as it is. The system is designed to take kids regardless of the situation.

My now dead 32 year old son was taken from me at age 12 by BCW (cps in NYC) because he was sleeping on the couch and not in his bed (he had fallen asleep there and I couldnt pick him up and walk up a flight of stairs to put him in bed but was going to do it when I went to bed) and the bathroom upstairs was destroyed by my contractor who was at my request putting in a antiscauld device on my shower to protect the kids from scaulding! and was coming back in the morning. I had 10 secounds to find someone to take my *neglected* child at 11:30pm. Fortunately My mom woke up and answered the call and took him in. They couldnt find the address and my poor tired 12yr old showed them the way! What a nightmare!!!!! It took 2 months and lots of court dates to clear this mess up! This happened because I had a neighbor who hated Mormons and reported me to anyone and everyone! I hope that woman gets her kid back! I almost didnt get mine back!! What a mess!

Pursuing this matter in government's Administrative Courts as a 'complainant' or 'defendant' under Roman Civil Law is a legal trap. The best course for this woman is to initiate her own Common Law court at any local courthouse by Claim of Trespass and Property Theft. To learn how to she should assemble and Record her case on the docket, and then how to Hold Court, she can look into a fellow Karl Lentz. He has a great list of 'wins' in this government kidnapping crap, both in the States and Canada.

Please spread the word and consider getting involved in an organization called Safe Families. It exists for situations just like this. The parents still retain full custody of their child/children. The Safe Family homes and caregivers are thoroughly checked out. It is not foster care. Please check it out and pass the word that another safety net exists. http://www.safe-families.org/whatis_whowehelp.aspx

My prayers go out to this family. It looks like another case of big government over reacting again. May God bless and care for you all.

Is there contact information for the legislators and officials in her area that people could call to ask/demand intervention on her behalf?

Parental Rights? We talk of it as if it existed. There is no such thing. that is why we need the Parental Rights AMendment. Yep. there IS such a thing. It is moving ever so slowly toward passage. MOre people need to get behind it. How about YOU?

You must either work for CPS or have never gone through this. This is a real issue snd you will never understand until it happens to you or someone you love.

even Dr Phil McGraw tells everyone that CPS is broken and needs overhauling badly and not to trust them. that includes CPS in Arizona and in all other states, I have witnessed the snaching of my nephew from school one day when my sister," who is the grandma to this child," was taking very good care of him in her home because her son the daddy of this child got hurt on the job one day and was in a coma in the hospital and my sister was taking real good care of her grandchild until CPS came in and took the child away from her and the father, the mother was doing drugs on her own and no where to be found, so CPS took this child without warning and put him in foster care!!! then the judge let this child go live with his other grandfather who is an alcoholic and really did not want to take care of his grandson but his wife did and they got their lawyer to talk the judge into giving the boy to them and not let my sister have him back!!! what a crock of crap that was,, my sister did not have a lot of money to fight the other grandparent so she got legal aid but that lawyer did nothing for her and went along with the Judge, just threw my sister under the buss. we all think that the legal aid lawyer, the judge and the CPS lawyers were all in on this together and doing each other favors on cases they had in the past and my sister was caught up in that kind of trade offs, CPS lawyer was seen patting my sisters lawyer on the back and then my sisters lawyer came over to her and said he would pay her back the 250 retaining fee that she gave him and that he had to pay the CPS lawyer a favor back and that's why he did not help my sister but threw her under the bus and made her loose custody of her grandchild.. CPS was in on this with their lawyer, so now my sister and her son who is well now have obtained a different lawyer and they are going to court to fight to get this boy back to his daddy and his grandma who was taking care of him and get him out of the alcoholic grandpas house. CPS is crooked and broken!!!!!!

Similar thing happened to us. After raising our severely mentally ill son, and refused help over and over because "he does fine at school," one day he as a 15 yr old threw a fire extinguisher at the teacher and then started grabbing large rocks outside the door and throwing them at the support staff, we were called to meet the police and our son at the ER to discuss a 51/50. When I demanded that he go into a 51/50 so his meds could be tweaked before he could safely come home, he was placed. Then CPS got involved because supposedly I "abandoned" him at the hospital. (Note: never left his side until he was transported to the hospital for the 51/50.) he has been in a group home since, and he is 17. The ONLY reason our parental rights weren't stripped is because at his age he isn't "adoptable". (Read: no money for the state to garner in adopting out a child- check how much the Feds pay a state for every kid that is adopted!). We are patiently waiting until our son is 18. He understands what the beuracracy has done to him, and knows that he is less than a year from coming home to his loving parents!!