• CPS Caseworker in Arizona Turns Whistleblower – Reports on Abuse of Power

ABC 15 Arizona interviewed a former CPS caseworker turned whistleblower regarding some of the alleged abuses in the Arizona foster care system. The caseworker reportedly quit her job after seeing the abuse of power within CPS last year. Keeping her identity hidden, the former caseworker claims that many of her colleagues forged reports and were not truly investigating the welfare of children taken into state custody. She claims there was one instance in which a child died while in state custody, and the caseworker knew nothing about it. ABC 15 did an excellent investigative report showing court documents in which judges admitted that children were removed from their parents' home simply because the caseworker "got ticked off" at the parents. The Arizona CPS whistleblower states in the interview that these are not isolated cases, but happen frequently.

Read full story...

My grandson was removed from my home. My daughter is an alcoholic and is now paying the consequences. I have no drug or alcohol problems, I have a clear background. My husband is in AA and sober and has no slips and is determined to stay sober. He also has a clear background because CPS did the background check the night they came to take the kids because my daughter lived with us. The 3 kids had dads to go to and one small child has no one except us. We have been there every day of their lives since birth. But because I did not have guardianship papers and they called me an enabler I was unable to keep him. Nevertheless it was very ugly the night they took him after spending 5 hours clearing the house doing a complete walk through and interviewing. Their reasoning was I was an enabler for failing to kick her out (which I tried getting her help, I wanted them close to protect the kids and she is 28 years old) and they said my husband could relapse and drink. He has never in his 47 years of life had any situations with alcohol. No violence, no driving, nothing at all. This is truly an injust. This all happened on July 18th and our life was ripped apart that day. The foster family several weeks later reached out to DCS to have me call her. She could not figure out why she had this little boy not quite 3 years old. He is not abused and did not appear to need a safe place. He was very sad and missed us dearly. We now get to face time, and DCS keeps saying we will visit with him, but nothing yet. My daughter is serving 4 months until the end of November. We make no excuses for her. She has a disease and has to deal with it. She has truly stepped up and admitted she has a problem and I never even realized how bad it was. She hid most of it well. The court ordered mandatory minimum once a month visits from the child in care and she has not seen him yet. I am able to get and keep all the kids accept the one in foster care. I dont understand. If we were a threat why are we able to keep any of the kids. We just had 2 of the kids and their step sisters all weekend. The foster family texts with me almost daily and we exchange pictures. and when I face time with the little one he gets upset if i mention the house so we always say we are at work or out somewhere. The foster family wants to even meet and bring him to see us. So please help me if you have any ideas. I have spent 7 weeks walking egg shells because everyone from expensive lawyers to the Arizona Ombudsman have said to be very careful to not make them made because they can make it worse for us. So how is it that they can get away with this? I am completely beside myself.

Guest said:

Not only are the caseworkers bulling the parents of the children but also bulling us as grandparents! Because we want our grandson with us and have passed all of their so called requirements and apparently that was not acceptable they want everyone to fail. I have recorded conversations with the caseworker bullying,threading, and cursing at me. I also have inappropriate emails and text messages from caseworker! Since when is it professionally acceptable to text message??? I have contacted by email ( due to me not getting anywhere in person ) the director of dcs and they forwarded it to ombudsman and the assistant director and still haven't heard back! If they are doing this to grandparents who are trying to step up and get custody of their own blood I can't imagine what they do to the parents! Wait, yes I can I have been watching it and hearing it for over a year now! We were approved in May! Why is our grandson still not with us??????

I completely understand what you are going through. I have been trying to get my grandson for 7 weeks. This system is the most frustrating I have ever seen in my life. they never call I email, I call, I even go down there.

My divorce had been final for some time and things weren't perfect, but we were making it work.

Domestic violence was the main reason for the divorce. The visits were all supposed to be supervised by the my ex's parents, but they were not.

Last year my son came forward saying he was molested by his father.

I took my son to a pediatrician and a social worker. I was hoping it was just a bad dream or misunderstanding.

They said my son's claims were detailed and graphic. They reported my former spouse to CPS.

AZ CPS REFUSED to investigate saying it was a "Family Court Issue" my case worker said "Do you know what's happening right now?" Meaning what's happening in CPS. She said she was TOO BUSY, but she promised she would eventually get the case closed, she just didn't have time and I should just get my kid a protection order and let the family court sort it out. (I HAVE THIS ALL RECORDED.)

That was it. No one was ever interviewed. No investigation was ever done. I've spent $ in family court which is just as corrupt as CPS and this has left my kid very vulnerable.

What can be done?

Son and girlfriend need help with cps they are living and not doing job should not have taken kids help please want to do documentary

Admin said: > ABC 15 Arizona interviewed a former CPS caseworker turned whistleblower regarding some of the alleged abuses in the Arizona foster care system. The caseworker reportedly quit her job after seeing the abuse of power within CPS last year. > > Keeping her identity hidden, the former caseworker claims that many of her colleagues forged reports and were not truly investigating the welfare of children taken into state custody. She claims there was one instance in which a child died while in state custody, and the caseworker knew nothing about it. > > ABC 15 did an excellent investigative report showing court documents in which judges admitted that children were removed from their parents' home simply because the caseworker "got ticked off" at the parents. The Arizona CPS whistleblower states in the interview that these are not isolated cases, but happen frequently. DCS, formerly CPS, created in hopes that positive change would occur, can be a horrific nightmare.  CPS had quite a few allegations there were found to be unsubstantiated in the past.  Crucial evidence missed, now I believe this state agency is in over kill, due to past deficiencies.  Recently a baby was taken from a nurse and local attorney.  The DCS investigator, created a report with numerous false allegations against the two parents.  As the diligent nurse saw patients back to back, little did she know, DCS, had taken her baby.  This nurse tried to go back to work, but she was extremely sad without her children by her side.  She began to have panic attacks, cry for hours and lost appetite for 2 weeks.  Eventually, her immune system began failing, ill for long periods of time.  She resigned from job, was out of work and felt as if she had lost everything.  Of all of life's experiences, this has to have been the worst.  My older daughter, an innocent little girl, has been so upset.  She can't see her baby sister.  She says she cries easily and a lot.  I pray that the foster parents are ok.  I feel bad for others who are going through the same.  The ones who have not abused their children.  All I can say is become educated in how DCS operates, know your rights, document and speak up if falsely accused!

Though we live 2,000 miles from you, we, too, are dealing with the abuse of power from CPS (our DCF). In my state, if the accuser is a child, all that is needed is an ALLEGATION for the Department of Children and Families (DCF; our version of CPS) to substantiate AND refrer the case criminally. The background of the "suspect" does not need to be considered or even investigated, and investigators are DISCOURAGED from looking into the accuser's background (there is documentation that the child accusing me has made accusations against five other people in the past). They don't look into the accuser's background because the state doesn't want possible victims with questionable pasts to fear their backgrounds being used against them. Regardless of the criminal case against me (which I deny and has had zero activity for almost a year), our worst experience has been with DCF. Because they have nothing to support a criminal case, DCF is trying to make something out of nothing within our home. I have been involved in the special needs community for more than a decade, we have contact with dozens of mandated reporters (due to my line of work), I've spoken out publicly against child abuse, we live in a clean house and have continual contact with the school system, our kids visit physicians regularly, and, due to neurological issues, the children have been seeing counselors for years. Yet, not a single mandated reporter has ever so much as suggested that I (or my spouse) would ever do anything abusive to our children. My 18-year-old neuro-typical daughter even testified during a court motion to my fitness as a parent. Yet, DCF insists that, since I could have potentially done what they say I did outside the home, that it stands to reason that I would do something within my home (thankfully, the judge intelligently found that correlation to be ludicrous). However, from the other side of their mouth, we have recordings of DCF admitting that there is no evidence that I am a risk of harm to my kids. DCF has spent more time trying to build a case against me from something that doesn't exist in my own home, than they did putting together the criminal case against me for something that never happened outside of my home. As for rights violations and power abuses: that has happened continually to us, most significantly on two occasions. First, DCF was insisting that I take a psychosexual evaluation (PSE); their flimsy reasoning: to help me prove that I didn't do what I'm accused of. They wanted me to believe that a PSE could conclude whether or not I am a sexual predator. The problem with that: the evaluation doesn't have that kind of power. Nor does even the best forensic psychologist. At most, the test (and the psychologist) can only determine risk of reoffense level. What they really wanted was for me to simply take the test, because (the way the PSE is constructed), one must admit to the accusation in order for the PSE to determine what LEVEL of risk the taker is. So, a component of the PSE is the admission of guilt. I'm not guilty, so I said, "No." And they didn't like it (I could go on for days). The other rights violation was the appeal of my substantiation. I was given the right to appeal, but my court appointed attorney said it wasn't a part of his purview, and that I would have to support myself. That said, it also meant that I would have to fight the substantiation against me line-by-line, thus giving DCF my entire defense. Of course, DCF told me that I had nothing to fear, because the appeal wasn't likely to be shared with the prosecutor's office (I know much better than that). Anything that I say or do is admissible in court. They wanted me to self-incriminate, or give up my defense -- anything that would help them create a case where there is none. Even in our little, rural state, it's all about $. There are 20,000 people on our state Child Protection Registry, and the state government gets funding based on their aggressive substantiation efforts. In a state with only 600,000 people, that's 3% of the population on the registry; that must look great on paper to those who dole out the cash.

Guest said: > I just moved to AZ and been here less than a month. My ex moved here a month before I did and my son got a rhinovirus. We don't have that back home in DC. She then made a false domestic violence claim against me and when I asked her why, she said she doesnt know why she did it. Now they're trying to take my 8month old baby boy from both of us. She said they told her they wouldnt do it but they tricked her into helping with the claim now even she isn't allowed with my son. They're trying to make me look like some kind of abusive psycho. I have never harmed my son or his mother no matter how much she gets on my nerves. I love my son and cant even be with him. Im going to miss his first tooth, crawling, first steps and first Xmas with him because of all of this. I feel like im going to have a nervous breakdown. Please feel free to self-publish your story on our Medical Kidnap website’s Community Page here: https://community.healthimpactnews.com/topic/2773/child-kidnapping-stories If you would like us to consider your story for publication, you can share your story with us here: https://medicalkidnap.com/contactus/. We cannot publish every story that is shared with us, due to the volume of stories we receive. You might also be interested in checking out our Resource Page here: http://medicalkidnap.com/resources/.

I just moved to AZ and been here less than a month. My ex moved here a month before I did and my son got a rhinovirus. We don't have that back home in DC. She then made a false domestic violence claim against me and when I asked her why, she said she doesnt know why she did it. Now they're trying to take my 8month old baby boy from both of us. She said they told her they wouldnt do it but they tricked her into helping with the claim now even she isn't allowed with my son. They're trying to make me look like some kind of abusive psycho. I have never harmed my son or his mother no matter how much she gets on my nerves. I love my son and cant even be with him. Im going to miss his first tooth, crawling, first steps and first Xmas with him because of all of this. I feel like im going to have a nervous breakdown.

Not only are the caseworkers bulling the parents of the children but also bulling us as grandparents! Because we want our grandson with us and have passed all of their so called requirements and apparently that was not acceptable they want everyone to fail. I have recorded conversations with the caseworker bullying,threading, and cursing at me. I also have inappropriate emails and text messages from caseworker! Since when is it professionally acceptable to text message??? I have contacted by email ( due to me not getting anywhere in person ) the director of dcs and they forwarded it to ombudsman and the assistant director and still haven't heard back! If they are doing this to grandparents who are trying to step up and get custody of their own blood I can't imagine what they do to the parents! Wait, yes I can I have been watching it and hearing it for over a year now! We were approved in May! Why is our grandson still not with us??????

Kaeisha said: > Could you please contact me same issue I won my kids back but they still messing with me Hi, How can I contact you?

IseeyunvNicole said: > Kaeisha said: > > Could you please contact me same issue I won my kids back but they still messing with me > > > Hi, > How can I contact you? Hi Kaeisha and IseeyunvNicole, you can contact us here://medicalkidnap.com/contactus/.

Lynn-Van-Hook said: > AZ CPS should be sued in every high court in America. It is very true to the statement about how they abuse their power! They really don't care about the children just the pay check. I cannot see how they can place a child with a stranger and not a family member who wants them. There system needs a COMPLETE overhaul by the President of the United States! I am in the process of trying my best to do just that in Federal, Civil and criminal to not only CPS, but my lovely mother that had made 10 false accusation calls. In which, the judge stated that's exactly what she's doing. Sadly, we have to live in this world with horrible people that abuse the system not caring who they hurt, as well as, a system that abuses the power the 3 letters well they changed it now so the 4 letters that when parents/family members most become concerned/scared just hearing those letters.

meanlittleboy2 said: > DONALD TRUMP would love to hear these stories,,He would not be shy at all revealing the pain You are absolutely correct! Not only would he not be shy, he would make sure everything is looked in to! I know some, a lot are against him and I believe it has a lot to do with exactly that he says it like it is! That's a GREAT idea!

kristy-slone said: > my friend is going through a case in az as well the d.c.s. worker has lied and manipulated everything she has said in the report and still is in court. i have evidence to prove she's lying and i am not even allowed to speak, my attorney (also a state employee) says don't take it to trial you don't have a leg to stand on. what do we do to get these people out of these jobs they don't deserve to have and don't do honestly? these people don't even get background checks to get these jobs, nor do they drug test dcs employees. Kristy, You hit it right on the nail! As of right now, I've looked up and done a lot of research they currently have over 400 state CPS/DCFS employees with a criminal background. They don't want anyone to go to trial, that's where they have to prove everything and get caught in all their lies. I demanded a speedy trial, I had my first court date within 5 days of the TDM, it really needs to be the intimidation lying team meeting! When you don't do anything they become so rude in which I found funny, but they try their very best to become really close with another family member, your kids and anyone close to you. You'll also notice they quickly change case workers and give you the sweetest oh so loving liar! My attorney has a book and a website as to every reason you should never use a public pretender and how much safer, better off you and your children will be without them, just doing it on your own. If you go to trial you'll notice they'll say so many things that's nowhere in the report submitted to the courts and they expect most to have a public pretender in which he/she won't call them out on that.

amber-woodson said: > Cps took my kids and since they've been gone. My oldest seems like he's being hurt or mistreated my youngest barely knows me. I want to report my case worker Heba she's not so good amber-woodson said: > Cps took my kids and since they've been gone. My oldest seems like he's being hurt or mistreated my youngest barely knows me. I want to report my case worker Heba she's not so good Amber, It's scary to hear you say that, because I keep saying it was almost as if my son has been hypnotized or drugged and has forgotten his entire life. I have yet to find a case worker that's honest in any way, the ones that are have quit or gotten fired for having a heart!

tammy-smith said: > CPS is nothing more than a Nazi type power.If someone calls on you,CPS doesn't have to tell you who accused you.CPS hires many young,unmarried,childless workers who know nothing of parenting,they have no idea how to assess real abuse.I have seen so many hidden camera videos when CPS comes calling and these folks are quite ignorant on how to do their job.They seem to ignore the children being abused and go after the families who are healthy and intact...yep,that's government for you! > TRANSPARENCY people!!! Sad isn't it! I believe they not only need a criminal background check they need to research their entire life beginning with how their childhood was. They are extremely bias and go into cases based off their past whether it's anger, depression, etc...

DONALD TRUMP would love to hear these stories,,He would not be shy at all revealing the pain

AZ CPS should be sued in every high court in America. It is very true to the statement about how they abuse their power! They really don't care about the children just the pay check. I cannot see how they can place a child with a stranger and not a family member who wants them. There system needs a COMPLETE overhaul by the President of the United States!

Marcel and/or anyone in AZ please contact me via FB as I am posting his comment. This subject is EXTREMELY important to my children as well as myself! I would truly love to share my experience, all I learned and do all possible to STOP this!!!