• 17 Year Old Held Captive in Chicago Hospital: Denied Choice of Attorney – Protest & Rally Scheduled!

Imagine - a teenager taken away from his family because his mother wanted a second opinion on his medical condition and suffering, being put into a foster care home in a rough neighborhood of Chicago and being threatened on the streets with guns, finally being able to return to his home town only to be told weeks later that he has to go back to Chicago, and armed security guards making sure he gets into an ambulance to go back, while the hospital drugs him with a sedative, and then being forced to wear a security bracelet preventing him from leaving the hospital, denying him visitors, and also denying his right to choose the attorney he wants to represent him at 17 years old. Sound like an action thriller movie? Actually, it is a living nightmare for one family in Chicago, and they need your help.

Read full story...

• 17 Year Old Held Captive in Chicago Hospital: Denied Choice of Attorney – Protest & Rally Scheduled!

You are, if you are a taxpayer. It is called "Medicaid", and the hospitals and doctors get a blank check to bill Medicaid when a minor is a ward of the State.

whos paying the hospital bills???

If he's a Choctaw, wouldn't the law of nations apply to him? He is a citizen of another country, and the United States should back off.

Seriously, "die" in peace? The child is in severe PAIN. He needs doctors that know how to manage it. His wish was not to go home and die....it was to get the help needed so he could get on with life. He was working, going to school, had a scholarship for college, a girlfriend and a life. All that has been taken away! This kid just wants his LIFE back! If there are doctors that are actually familiar with his situation, shouldn't he and his family have the right to pursue that care? I know for my child, I would fly across the world if that's what it would take to find the right kind of help. That's what you do when you advocate for your child. You do whatever is necessary, just like his mother was trying to do. She just wanted him in the right place to get the right kind of care. Now, not only is she still away from him but she knows he continues to suffer. I cannot imagine her heartache and what he is going through.

I have just. been on the website pjmedia.com and read some important information about the Isaiah Rider case. Representative Ken Wilson (R-MO) is quoted as saying, "The due process clause of the fourteenth amendment guarantees, protects the rights of parents but the fact is we have to put it into law." Representative Wilson has introduced a bill which states that a parent cannot be charged with medical child abuse for disagreeing with medical advice and choosing treatment of another doctor. Armed with this knowledge we can contact our elected representatives and ask them to support this legislation. Knowledge is indeed power and appropriate legislation is a key step to turning around this illegal, unconstitutional and immoral assault on parental authority.

It seems to me that the sticking point is that Lurie Children's Hospital and the University of Chicago are receiving federal funds for research into Isaiah's condition. If this is true then this involvement of federal agencies is preventing him from retaining legal counsel and preventing him from being treated by a hospital in Missouri which claims it can help him. This complex issue if it indeed exists needs to attract constitutional lawyers and a hue and cry from the public. The Constitution is under attack and this document is our only protection against the tyranny of the powerful and the corrupt. By defending Isaiah's rights we are protecting our rights as well.

Should have allowed him to refuse treatment, go home, and die in peace

I almost think this country is being tested with evidence of injustice happening over and over again, from one coast to the next, from one week to the next. People seem to be waking up, but it's still just a small fraction of them! The Chicago Metropolitan area is home to over 8 million...if just .1 percent showed up at this protest rally on the 15th, that would be 8,000 people. Will 1/10th of a percent show up? I hope so! I'm sorry I live out here in the East coast, but my heart is with Isaiah and his family and I wish--fervently--that every able-bodied adult shows up for this rally. We've got to save this country, and saving Isaiah mirrors the purpose of the protests for Chris Brown or Eric Gardner--ENOUGH of the repression of human rights....Enough of the extreme overreach of "authority" figures. Enough is enough.