• Connecticut Teen Taken Away from Mother and Physically Forced to have Chemotherapy

Several local news media in Connecticut are reporting that a 17 year old girl who is refusing chemo therapy and seeking a second opinion has been taken into custody by the Connecticut Department of Children and Families and been physically forced to have chemo therapy against her desire. Cassandra's mother, Jackie Forton, supported her daughter's decision, and as a result of disagreeing with the doctors, lost custody of her daughter.

Read full story...

• Connecticut Teen Taken Away from Mother and Physically Forced to have Chemotherapy

You could not be more wrong. We have covered more stories of abuse and medical kidnappings in Arizona (highest rate of taking children away from parents and putting into Foster Care) and Texas (largest amount of children being seized by the State of any other U.S. State.) These are both Republican states, and hardly considered liberal. IT IS A BIPARTISAN ISSUE!!!!

It's not lost on me that the states committing these atrocities are liberal states in which the DEMAGOGUE's that rule won't be satisfied until no one has any rights what so ever!

I guess this is new for cancer patients but for years psychiatric patients have called forced injections medical rape. The only way to put a needle and unwanted "medication" into a person against there will is with coercion and threats or assault and restraints. The same methods used in sexual rape. Whats interesting too is both medical rapists and sexual rapists will usually blame the victim to justify there barbarism. There is nothing worse than being assaulted by those you seek help from in times of crisis.

It may also be true that cancer was never verified in this case but it was a last ditch speculation based on their inability to figure out what was wrong with her. I saw a long interview with the mother stating they had been testing her daughter for over 6 months, unable to verify what was actually wrong with her and so they decided it must by Hodgkins Lymphoma due to swelling in her neck. If this was never verified in a labratory and hence their desire for a 2nd opinion, then it makes the imprisonment and torture even more evil and ominous! Would love to know if this is true?

Tami Lee, you are correct that everyone needs to become active in this issue before it is happening to someone they love, but this is not one child or even a few isolated incidents. This is widespread and there are hundreds if not thousands of cases in every state in the U.S. and in other so-called first world countries. Parents asking for 2nd opinions, children with rare disorders whose parents refuse to enter them into studies where they will either get an experimental drug or none at all as the placebo group, either one that could kill them, so doctors turn them into CPS and voila, the child is taken and entered into the studies. Children with Autism stolen from their loving families because they get extra money for kids with disabilities, especially if they can sever parental rights and adopt them out. In the 1980s the government started offering huge bonuses to agencies to adopt out kids who had been languishing in the system. Unfortunately, once they realized the lucrative bonuses assured their jobs and growth they went crazy, finding new ways to take children and hasten the severing of parental rights. Now to get the bonuses they have to adopt out more kids than they did the previous year. The line-graph is astonishing when you see the increases of children taken into custody in every state in the U.S. 67% of all children removed are not for abuse or neglect, but "other" issues such as housing/shelter issues, poverty, medical disputes, educational disputes, and more. Very subjective criteria, no evidence or investigation required and no guarantees of any rights to the parents. They can remove your children, sever your parental rights and adopt your kids out to someone else and you may never see the inside of a courtroom or ever be accused of anything, all done in secrecy, rubber-stamped by a judge, and silenced by gag orders and secrecy in the name of "privacy of the child" and "in the best interest of the child" which is turning out to be anything CPS wants to make up as a reason. Mandatory reporters like medical and educational workers are becoming voluntary reporters if it can be used to "shut up" a demanding or difficult parents holding their feet to the legal fires. It is far worse than you can even imagine.

Ignorance and arrogance go hand-in-hand. Government in bed with Big Pharma, ignorant judges don't know the facts. Pitiful. Medical fascism and it has been alive and well for at least 4 decades in America. This is hardly the first time this has happened.

Just want to make 2 comments regarding this issue. 3 years ago my dad had colon cancer (one of the most deadly and fast spreading cancers) and opted out of treatment to try some diet related strategies. Within 2 years had a clean bill of health leaving his doctors speechless. Wondering if the girl can get married? In most states if you are married you are considered legally emancipated and can make your own medical decisions and decline treatment.

alysia, when big pharma is involved and is paying the hospital's legal bills and contributing big bucks to the hospital's operations then no one has any rights. Money talks and any doctor, nurse or lawyer can be bought and made to do anything. The proof of that is when the med staff strapped Cassandra down because she was resisting them. Then they cut into her and poisoned her against her will. All this is in direct violation of the oath to do not harm. Big pharma doesn't make any money if they don't keep people sick and that is what chemo does, it makes you sick. You constantly see these kidnap cases involving children and the disabled because they are vulnerable and easily snatched. However, you don't see wealthy kids being snatched by DCF and I doubt you will ever meet a financially poor doctor. Cassandra's case is important and big pharma will foot the doctor's/hospital lawyer bill to do what it can to make sure the medical industry can kidnap and experiment on as many kids, of any age, as it can to keep up that profit margin.

As a cancer survivor, I'm outraged and disgusted with Gov. Malloy and the rest of his incompetent administration for allowing this to happen. No one should be forced to undergo chemotherapy if they choose not to.

Wow, they're forcing treatment on someone who doesn't want it, and then how many people die or suffer greatly from lack of basic medical care? I'd love to know what's wrong with me, but can't find anyone who can figure it out, much less force any course of treatment on me. Oh, that's right, it's cos I don't have insurance since I lost my job due to being sick, but am the "wrong demographic" to get any help. But, yeah, let's force this kid to get treatment she doesn't want. Heaven forbid anyone (publicly) dies on the government's watch ... my prayers go out to this girl and her family and I hope for her full recovery, however it happens to come about.

But the damage is done. She has lost her hair given toxic chemo. The physiological damage to this poor girl is beyond reproach the CT DCF is a joke and one of the most diabolical government agencies going after protective mother who by the way have rights. These case are easy. Yet they don't go to dangerous places where crack mothers neglect And abuse is warranted. Refusing to put toxic substances into your child is not a crime. Go after people who put toxic drugs into themselves and endanger their children, that is the way it should be. Shame on this person who did this. It is a criminal act the guilty should pay, sue the hell out of the hospital for going ahead with this and not delaying until court is set, sue the doctor who is profiting from this criminal act. They should be made an example of what boundaries and respect of patients rights are. Sue the hell out of DCF for interfering where they do not belong. Parents have the right to choose. I hope this lawyer is up for this and he get justice for this victim of criminal medicine.

Another major issue I have is that it will be up to supreme court justices, none of who I am to impressed with, to decide wether some thing is medically appropriate. I should not have to remind them, though will just in case, all states in the United States have agreed to respect the Uniform Commercial Code as their authority in which to base statutes on. 1-103.6 of the UCC states statutory jurisdiction must be construed in harmony with common law jurisdiction reserving rights and remedy their of. Common law is basically, no harm, no foul. In this case their is obvious harm to Miss Cassandra. With out showing she is hurting some one there is no authority to order she can be hurt. Its like a bunch of children running around with degrees from schools who accept more money from the pharmaceutical companies then from the students. This is unfortunately whom capitalism tells us who to cater to right or wrong as the justices can tell you. People wanted to be heroes saying the law is their god and ignoring the pain they are causing. Thats great for tv entertainment though how do they expect to ever feel love? There is always hope though its unfortunate when it is stalled by situations that do not have to be our reality.

I normally do not respond to these stories, but our government and local governments have no idea what they are doing. They are taking children from parents who would never harm them, and want what's best for them, but our government now seems to think they know best for every family and child. Unfortunately when children are truly being abused by a parent, they do absolutely nothing, and these children then live with the emotional and psychological affects for the rest of their lives. So the people need to begin to stand up to the government and take back our freedom. We need to realize that clearly we are losing our freedoms of making our own decisions for ourselves and our children. If our government would focus on those truly being abused and leave those alone like this poor 17 year old, maybe there would be less abuse in our world! I wish this mother and her daughter the best of luck and will wrap them in my prayers!

It's because the government is a business too. It's out to make $. Since pharmaceutical companies trump all other industries, government works with them to make money off of them. Restricting them and treatments (good or bad) that they offer would be a huge chunk of income lost by the government. It's all about power

Legally by 16 the child is of age to make their OWN decisions and they have the right to refuse DCF and medical treatment

They need to get to Mexico FAST.

We don't have that information. This is not a story we reported, but local mainstream media reported.

There is no comparison between Cassandra and the homosexual boy, Joshua Alcorn, who wanted to mutilate his body so he would look pretty in a dress. His parents refused to fund such nonsense and the boy exercises his selfishness to the end when he stepped in front of a big truck, leaving the truck driver in anguish for the rest of his life because he could not avoid hitting the boy. Cassandra's case is very different. She has been abducted and is being tortured. I wish this site would start posting the names of all the officials and medical charlatans that are involved in this atrocity so that other won't fall prey to them.

If I'm old enough to join the military at 17 can be trialed as an adult at 12, I do believe this young lady has the right to choose her treatment. It's only her body... I may not be the smartest person out there. But this seems pretty straight forward and one of the worse things for cancer is stress. And I don't just thinking that the situation the system is putting her is pretty stressful

CDs needs to focus on healthy alternatives and not strapping a kid down and forcing her to a treatment that is toxic. She seems to have made a sound decision and is being punished for it. Shouldn't dcs focus on the kids really being abused and not on a case such as this.