• Foster Care Abuse: Drugging Children Against Their Will

They are California's most powerless children: abused, neglected, deeply traumatized. In this investigative report "Drugging Our Kids," we present a documentary video that gives voice to many of these young people, who say they were silenced during their youth by the powerful drugs. We have found a system that has become dependent on quick-fix profit-driven pharmaceuticals to control troubled children.

Read full story...

I live in a residential care facility in Missouri. I am 69 years old now and have been drugged with haldol and lamictal for over 16 years. As many of these children have been, I was traumatized by my family, the police, and the sheriff's department. I have not been allowed to work because I would "lose medicaid" and everyone is paid by medicaid. Men here are prevented from working as much as they are willing because funding for drugs would be cut or lost completely. One veteran was so drugged he couldn't stand up, fell in the hall, and now has a back broken in 3 places. My niece sent my a copy of the Nuremburg Accord forbidding people from being drugged without their full knowledge and consent. This 1949 proclamation has been hidden and ignored by the greedy drug industry.

In PA, I know for a fact that the state almost automatically puts foster children on drugs as soon as they become wards of the state. I have friends who grew up with foster families, and one of the complaints that I heard from one of the families is that the kids were too drugged up, but it's the state that insists on it. One of the first things they'd do was try to wean them off the drugs, if they were allowed. It's something that the system does to keep the kids more manageable for the families and the case workers. So you can't put the blame on greedy foster parents, because that's not my experience.

What can you expect from a country that privatises youth detention ("juvy") facilities and those involved get money for every child sent there for months or years at a time even for the smallest offence? What can you expect from a society that uses the law to circumvent justice and sells legal outcomes as a commodity to the highest bidder by too many people who claim to be Christians? These things are perfectly legal, and nothing seems to have changed in two-thousand years. "Jesus said "And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them" (Luke 11: 46). Do we serve justice, or money? This rabbit hole leads straight to hell.

This is a very deep rabbit hole full of some very evil people