• Oklahoma Takes 3 Children Away from Parents When One is Found with Possible Brittle Bone Disease

April and Joshua Whinery report that they won't ever give up fighting for their children whom they say were medically kidnapped by DHS in Oklahoma. According to Joshua, it started "all because I took my child to the hospital." Degenerative bone disease runs in his family, yet the couple was accused of abuse. Though the family has repeatedly asked for him to be tested, DHS has allegedly refused to allow the test, attempting instead to terminate all of the couple's parental rights. The last they heard, Hazel, who is almost 5 now, was praying every morning and night to be able to see her parents. It has been almost a year now since the Whinerys have been permitted to see their kids. All visits were cut off last March with Hazel, Travis, 3 1/2, and Aiden, who turned 2 in December. DHS reportedly told the family: "You're never going to get your kids back, so it is best to cut it off now and get the kids in counseling."

Read full story...

• Oklahoma Takes 3 Children Away from Parents When One is Found with Possible Brittle Bone Disease

My child was taken from me as well because I have a hyperthyroid disease. Have you talked to your attorney general. They're helping me. PS im so sorry sounds like the baby's even in more pain. Poor lil one prob out of depression. How dare they do this to the kids. And you. Hang in there. Pray and never ever give up Ever. I've been fighting 4 years and the adoptive patents know I want to see my boy. But they don't let me. Lots of love sweeties.

Request a CASA be appointed to the case

You need to begin a petition to ask the US Attorney General or even the President to get the case reviewed.

Petition needs to be started to embarrass this governor and maybe get enough signatures the White House would review it.

My heart and prayers go to the family and kids. I feel it is very sad that the kids were wrongfully taken. Obviously if either one of the parents were abusive I highly doubt that the parents would be taking the kids to see a doctor. Dhs and CPS should give these parents back their babies, there are other kids that really need help. As for the Doctor that claimed it to be child abuse, makes a person wonder how many other times he has made a wrong diagnosis. Further more how does Dhs or CPS get away with not following a court order. The people who are behind all of this wrong doing should be made to step down from their jobs and band from having any sort of government job. The only abuse I see is the dhs/CPS taking the kids from their loving parents. Do the right thing and give the children back to their parents so the parents can continue to search for a doctor that can and will help this family.

Need to add the Director of DHS Ed Lake to the list of phones and emails to flood. I've met this man and I generally think he wants to help. I don't have the contact info on me but you can go to the website okdhs.org and find it. As a DHS worker I'm very sorry to hear this. I wish there was something I could do but CPS isn't my department. I always strive to do good so I could shed good light on DHS but too many stories like this makes it hard.

I am the mother of these children and I want to thank all of you for your support near and far. This has been a rough road for us, and I fear that is is just the beginning. I am just glad to see our story making it out there worldwide. You guys are amazing and I am so grateful that each and every one of you took the time to read our story. God bless you all!

I've said this before, but I just don't understand how foster parents can blatantly think it's o.k. to buy someone else's stolen children. They brought a picture album to the court house. Well, the family probably had a picture album from birth until they were stolen!!!! The sneaky tactics of the foster family sounds manipulative and abusive to me! I want to hear from foster families, what is the deal with this behavior? Obviously those children are sweet little souls, because of their parents bringing them up that way, now you foster parents want them as your own? No, you don't want the truly needy messed up kids, you want the easy targets.

I made a call to Gov.Fallin's office and one to Congressman David Ferryman's office.Please make a call for these children..I.am from Texas.Come on people from Oklahoma do something.

I AM SO SORRY FOR THESE PARENTS - HOW ON EARTH CAN THIS BE HAPPENING IN A SO-CALLED 'CIVILIZED' SOCIETY ? I wish for a complete overhaul of these processes in every state so that we can see exactly where the problems are - why is it that humans get things SO wrong all the time - why is it that humans cannot be trusted to do the right thing if there is money involved somewhere - we humans are disgusting basically ! How can they do this to small children crying out to be let go home with their mommies ?? I am so angry - my children grew up years ago, but I can only imagine how it must feel to be in those parent's shoes - dear God, how can this happen !!!!

CPS's business is to steal babies where ever they can!!! I am including your family in my prayers, keep hope always for your children. We can never give up on them, and I know you won't. Pray for them, and take care of yourselves always too. You will always be in each other's hearts because that is how God designs the spirit of families.

Thank you for sharing!

They need to start with the hospitals. CPS can get away with quite a bit if a doctor will testify the child is abused or neglected. When there is fracturing but no other sign of abuse, they need to be required to consider things such as osteo imperfecta, ehlers-danlos syndrome, marfan, etc. The thing that alarms me the most, is that hospitals and CPS refuse to do the testing. Why? What's so awful about doing a test to make sure you aren't ripping apart a good family? And no one can say money, because when the hospital whisks your kids away and starts testing them for abuse (blood work, CAT scans, x-rays, the works) guess who foots the bill? The parents. Yup. After our ordeal, the hospital sent us our bill. On top of the cost of the fracture was an extra 8,000 dollars worth from the abuse "check." And when it all came back clean, they still accused us of abuse. They are just as much a problem as CPS. I don't want to steal the thunder of this family, because they have gone through SO MUCH MORE than my family did, but I think it's important that those of us who have gone through these things share it so people can see just how often this happens. Just yesterday I wrote a blog on what happened to us. http://bluntlybrigette.blogspot.com/2015/01/little-while-back-i-shared-video-of.html?spref=fb This kind of thing needs to stop. Share your stories so they can be heard by the people who need to start hearing them.

Look up the Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation. These are not the first parents from OK that have had their children taken away. I know of at least 3. OK took the children and would not listen to the medical concerns of the parents or even have the children tested to make sure. As a former support group leader for the OI Foundation and a current resource contact for parents in need, this is the epitome of the system failing the people.

Thousands of families are being torn apart by these monsters and they even get a bonus every time they remove a child from their home.

This is just terrible. Unfortunately cases like this happen all too often. CPS does not have proper over sight and can and does at times bully innocent parents. Either these parents should be charged with child abuse and convicted in a court of law by their peers or send them home with their children. In addendum laws need to be put into place to protect parents in the future against further abuse. At best there should be a very short removal without charges being filed and only in the case of immanent harm which clearly is not the case. Basically CPS overstepped their bounds and instead of apologizing is doing everything possible to save face. Well your pride is causing incalculable suffering.