• Corruption and Medical Malpractice Coverup involving Arizona CPS? How One Family was Destroyed

Since Health Impact News started publishing stories from families telling about their horrible experiences with medical kidnapping, we have had more families contact us from Arizona than almost all the other states combined. But one case stands out from all of them in terms of the depth of the corruption in the medical system, and child protection services, within the state of Arizona. Award-winning investigative journalist Jennifer Margulis looked into one civil rights case that is currently in the 9th Circuit Court, and found what appears to be a tangled web of corruption and deception in Arizona that will shock you. Read the story of the Darrell and Leanna Smith, and how they lost 2 of their 3 children when Leanna questioned doctors in what appears to be a medical malpractice case. Their family was destroyed, and they are still in the midst of years of legal battles. How many other families in Arizona do they represent?

Read full story...

• Corruption and Medical Malpractice Coverup involving Arizona CPS? How One Family was Destroyed

This is happening globally. Arizona is one of the worst states for children. We just went through our own nightmare with CPS. Lies, dishonesty, corruption does not even touch the hem of the garment.

I would bet my bottom dollar that this girl's symptoms are caused by pheochromocytoma. They did a brain scan, but the excreting tumor can also be found on the kidneys. The high blood pressure, psuedotumor cerebri, heart rate, vomiting and her eventual storm and such are all symptoms of it. If I'm right she is a she is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

I am not surprised. The same thing happened to me. When I was pregnant the Drs. at this clinic who oversaw my pregnancy and I did not get along. I was against vaccines and they wanted me on prozac because they thought I would be depressed because I was had had an alcoholic father and I refused saying it would hurt my unborn baby. The Drs. told CPS that I refused to go on psychiatric medication and CPS took my newborn baby, at birth, without telling me they were going to. My baby was put in a foster home for the first two years of her life she was repeatedly raped by a 9 year old boy. I got her back, finally, when my baby girl had a failure to thrive in that foster home. I will never forget how they considered my daughter too, a "special needs" baby because she cried so much in foster care and they got more funding for her then..i will never forget how they didn't want to give my baby back to me and another agency had to intervene and force them to give her back to me.. I can't stand these selfish evil people who would hurt children for financial gain. They are sick and I pray that justice is served.

Thank you Jennifer Margulies for a beautifully written article. I hope the parents never give up trying to get back their children.

Oh my god. Im setting here reading this article and realize thats what happened to me. I didnt understand at the time but now i do. U.C davis Hospital in sacramento ca. Did a parent-ectomy On me a couple years ago. I got my son back though, thank god. One thing i learned was never leave your child in a hospital over night by them selves. Alot more stuff happens at night, less doctors around you know. They definitely dont like it when a parent is at the hospital all the time trying to help there child.and they dont like it if you stick up for your child, or ask questions or if. Keep bothing the doctors because your child has not gone number 2 in nine days and you want them to do something about it. For the most part i saw being a doctor is not about caring anymore. Gosh i have to admit its nice to finally talk a little about what happened.

Where do you anything in this article perpetuating the myth of "Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy"?? You must be misunderstanding something. We do not acknowledge it as a legitimate disease, and have written extensively about it here: http://medicalkidnap.com/2014/11/06/munchausen-syndrome-by-proxy-a-fake-psychiatric-disorder-used-to-medically-kidnap-children/

This is an excellent piece about a heartbreaking system of family abuse. I think it should be noted, however, the Munchausen By Proxy is not -- according to my knowledge and research -- actually a "mental illness" in the formal sense. I hate this perpetuates that myth. But the overall information in this article has great veracity and MUST BE ADDRESSED.

What an amazingly well-written article. Thank you for this, Jennifer Margulies. Thank you to Medical Kidnap/Health Impact News very much for continuing to expose what CPS and hospitals are doing to kids in AZ and elsewhere. Anyone wants to tweet, here's addresses for national news :@NBCNews, @ABC, @CBSNews, @FOXNews, @cnn. Local AZ news: @CBS5Investigate @abc15 @FOX10Phoenix @FieldsMoseley @3tvnewsdesk. AZ legislators: @RepTrentFranks, @dougducey @landrumtaylor @NancyBarto @KateMcGeeAZ @McCuneDavis4D30

I can't imagine what she must be going through, especially as this is considered "moral turpitude" and she must have problems with her respiratory therapist license as well. Once you get caught up in something like this it just spirals and spirals.

This is so sad. I hope this family can be reunited some day.

I can't believe this! What utter terror these poor parents must have felt and are still feeling. I don't have children, but reading this is like a knife in the ribs :( Too sad for words....

Thank you for highlighting these stories. This is such an issue not only in Arizona but throughout our nation. Parents are becoming more and more afraid to question conventional medical practices. I appreciate this post. Thank you for all you do.

This is so heartbreaking, all the damage they've done to the daughters, not to mention the empathy I have for the mother. She is sure strong; but what else would any of us do? I hope to hear some outcome that is positive but it seems that the eldest daughter is so steeped in lies. Prayers for this family and all of the others. Thanks, Jennifer, for exposing this and AZ's horrible record. You must be emotionally exhausted. SO so sad. May there be reform there....

Stories like this are heartbreaking.

This is freaking me out. So sad.

I think they have a profile of kids they want to kidnap that they can make the most money from

This breaks my heart. I can't stop crying. This just makes me sick that this was ever allowed to happen. May God help these evil people that tore a family apart in the name of a cover up. Praying for the family.