• Parents Get $800K Over Warrantless Search and Removal of Homeschool Kids Who Were Not Vaccinated

KPCC reported this week that the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors will pay $800,000 to the parents of two children taken from their home by a Sheriff’s deputy and social workers with the Department of Children and Family Services, who did not obtain a warrant first. According to KPCC, the lawsuit states that the complaint used by DCFS centered around what the homeschooled family chose to feed their children, and for failing to vaccinate them: Social workers with the Department of Children and Family Services claimed the parents “created a detrimental and endangering home environment” for the children by failing to provide nourishing food and immunizations. The lawsuit describes the deputy mocking the parents for not immunizing their children based on religious beliefs and homeschooling them. It accuses him of coercing the parents into a search of their hotel room. “You could lose your kids forever,” he allegedly threatened.

Read full story...

• Parents Get $800K Over Warrantless Search and Removal of Homeschool Kids Who Were Not Vaccinated

I'm sorry Claudia. We read about these cases all the time. this country is going to hell in a hand basket. Have you looked at the Fight For Lilly Foundation on facebook? They might be able to give you some guidance and support.

“No employee misconduct was suspected and no systemic issues were identified,” the county counsel’s case summary said. Um.......................... LA County has more foster kids than most states. An audit that came out in 2012 showed that case workers do not follow the law. The county was forced to admit to the *massive* problems in its system in 2013 after the death of 9-year-old Gabriel Fernandez got a huge amount of attention. A Blue Ribbon Commission was started and issued a report last year on the flaws in the system. They are still grappling with how to fix things. And yet, in this case, we're supposed to believe that there aren't any systemic issues? This case did take place in LA County, right?

Please don't support adoption or foster care... My name is Claudia, I was in foster care and a victim of domestic violence while slowly became an addict/Self medicated and CPS removed my kids. I complied with everything and when I finally cleaned up and my children were returned, the CPS ( Child Protective Services) worker removed my children after 3 days under my care, alleging that my now husband and my mother were not approved to be around my children even though my husband was on the court order listed as my driver (since I had no Driver License then) and my mother without no criminal nor civil cases ...EVER in her life just hadn't been approved because the worker had not gotten around to do it. I was completing my internship as a Dental Asst. through Kaplan College, yet they were removed under "Family Plans" which the CPS caseworker MANIPULATED. ( I have all the court paper copies) My 6 yr. old daughter was being abused by her paternal grandmother and finally removed because of pictures and police reports I did every time I had visitations yet she continued visiting with grandma and now had been adopted. My 16 yr. old boy who was an A Honor Roll/GT student is in a mental hospital with 3 assaults on his record and has been "in and out" of the Juvenile Detention since CPS has had him and he is being contemplated to be placed with his dad WHO RAPED ME AT 14 yrs. old and spend 10 yrs. in prison for "SEXUAL ASSAULT TO A MINOR" . My 4 yr. old daughter- now 8 was handed over with false court papers to her alleged father who disappeared in Feb.2010 and finally in June 2014 (after couple of private detectives) I have found her at some alleged family members house in Houston who have care for her for the last 3 yrs. and the father is nowhere to be found (she's with us now) My 10 yr. old son was handed over to my abusive ex boyfriend parents even though I have a "Lifetime protective Order" against him. PLEASE!!!! help me to UNFOLD CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES CORRUPTION IN EL PASO TX and all over the COUNTRY. Please see the many CPS VICTIMS GROUPS that are on my page or just on FB in general. GOD WITH US, WHO AGAINST US!!!!!

All the Bd of Supervisors did was pass the bill to the taxpayers without any accountability for the illegal actions that occurred and continue to occur to families. Nothing will change unless these agencies are hit deep in their pockets...like a federal class action lawsuit involving EVERY state.