• Alabama Seizes 7 Children from Family After Child with Autism Wandered to Neighbors

An Alabama couple is afraid that they may never get their children back. All 7 of their children were taken by DHR (the state's child protective services) after their not-yet diagnosed child with autism began wandering off. It is called "elopement" in the autism community, and is very common in children diagnosed with autism, happening in 49% of these kids, even in the best of homes and the most carefully guarded of situations. It is scary, but experts say that it does not at all reflect poor parenting. It has now been over a year since Sabrina and Tony Cartee's children were taken, and the state plans to file to terminate their parental rights for all of their kids, including the baby who was born in September, after the other children were taken by DHR. The breastfeeding newborn was seized at only a day and a half old and placed in a foster home.

Read full story...

• Alabama Seizes 7 Children from Family After Child with Autism Wandered to Neighbors

Ms.Gloria Henderson please read my post and whoever else that can help me. thanks

please help my family too. look into ours we have a permancy hearing on the 23 of July I was.t charged with child abuse or neglect. we were paying 900 a month in a hotel. Im on ssi my husband self employed. my previous landlord before the hotel lost his property we had a week to move so we went to the hotel a nice one. but I have a lot of kids and someone made a report. dhr took my 3 babies in July of last year and I've done everything they wanted me to they still went for permancy set for this July. the crazy thing that nobody seem to understand is since then I have my 3 boys and one daughter living with me i moved a county over and everybody either with dhr or scared to interfere. didn't never get an appointed lawyer just got the money to get one. they still have my 3 baby girls I'm scared I'm gonna loose them next month. low income no degree they prey on us and we don't stand a chance. other counties dhr and 2 judges think they shouldn't have left but won't or cannot help. the girls father couldn't get them they said he was allegedly the father cause he wasn't on the oldest birth certificate he however sign the youngest 2 and they claimed they didn't have those so they could not let them stay with him it broke his theirs and my heart he got his name on the oldest certificate and got copies of the 2 he sign at birth they still haven't contacted him they're avoiding him. he's been in their life everyday since birt. I got other baby's that haven't seen their father since birth. I thought those were the ones suppose to be punished. I got all the proofs and documents fr on all the services they sent me I've completed. with less than 5wks till tpr hearing having a hard time finding lawyers and help getting my babies back home safely. please help us. sincerely, Scared Stiff. contact us at ms.catrinabrooks216@gmail.comthanks.

I have 4 babies also and my ten yr old got dhr on us and now we are going through a lot thank god they're with my mom right now but we can't get dhr to answer or return our calls and not even her supervised will so I feel for this family. Send me numbers I'll call on everyone's behalf because Alabama dhr sucks big time

Something similar happened to me. Ex-wife made false abuse allegations, threatened me with arrest if I attempted contact with my daughter (all without them having a court order), threatened my current wife that she should kick me out of my home unless she wanted our son taken, etc....then to find out that the ex-wife had altered medical records and her stepson was the person named as the original abuser....DHR knew that information, hid it from the me and the judge for over 6 months, after the judge found out I was awarded custody....that same day DHR and police came out to my home and through the threat of shooting me, kidnapped my daughter stating "DHR decides where children go and court is a formality" and that "they were going to teach that judge a lesson"....never saw that judge again. It then went to a judge who was having an affair with one of the DHR lawyers, then eventually to another judge..... we proved that I was not even in the same home of my daughter when the alleged abuse occurred and proved the ex-wife altered medical records and gave them to the police and so-called "child advocates"..... but the third judge was the charm for DHR..... he gave the ex-wife custody.....and now it's in FEDERAL court where I filed a lawsuit against every social worker involved and 5 more lawsuits to come. I encourage everyone who gets involved with DHR to immediately file a FEDERAL lawsuit. Don't count on kangaroo family court. DHR owns family court. GO TO FEDERAL COURT! The legislators know about this issue with DHR. The truth is that DHR works in conjunction with the office of medicaid. Medicaid and DHR both stole over $88 million from the US Dept of Health and Human Services by kidnapping kids and placing them onto medicare where they get their erroneous bonuses. This is verified through an inspector general's report titled "Alabama receives $88 Million in Unallowable Performance Bonuses". When caught Alabama refused to pay the money back. The same years that Alabama stole those performance bonuses DHR had RECORD performance bonuses related to children in foster care/adoption. How does this relate? DHR automatically places children on Medicare when they take them into their custody regardless if they are on private insurance or not. Then DHR gets the bonus money. It took me years of research to find this connection. Don't expect your politicians to do anything about it. Especially our governor.

Just when I think it can't get any more despicable or deplorable....I can't believe that in addition to stealing children from honest and loving families and profiting from the government for the theft, they can also force parents to pay child support for children they kidnapped and ultimately, adopt out to get bonuses! Sex/pregnancy is a huge money machine for this government and corporations....from abortion to childbirth, the woman's uterus is very profitable.

OK Everyone! I have made my calls, I pray everyone that is commenting is taking action. I would suggest if you have children under the age f 18 not calling DHS, but you should burn the lines up for the Governor, Senator and Congressman and get everyone you know to call. Make sure you ask them what they are doing. We know they are aware of the situation.

Going thru the same thing in Mississippi... DHS took my cousins children with due cause and one of the kids is autistic... I have the autistic child right now and DHS sucks here. They threw this child at me and walked away. Took two weeks b4 DHS returned a single phone call concerning his meds or his school uniforms or his shot records... He has been in DHS custody for a year and he has been thrown from group home to group home... Almost 7 in a year period till I finally convinced the judge to let me keep him until they figure out what is going to happen.

I just emailed them. Everyone should email and call!!!

Remembering what Adolph Hitler was doing trying to create he Ayrian Nation, Where everyone had Blue Eyes and Blonde Hair and white skin.

Please contact our Alabama State Commissioner of Child Care , Nancy Buckner. also contact our State President of Foster Care and Buddy Hooper @1-888-545-2372. this usually brings on an investigation. Everything you put in your article should be documented as it happened ,and also dated. If in fact you have followed through with all the requirements they expect of you then there should undoubtley be no reason to terminate .Apparently your Attorney is not doing the job he/she should be doing or your children would not still be in care. You should also have several advocates on your team that know what they are doing.

ok I also want to add a explanation to something that wasn't said in News Article. The Alabama Mentor Foster Parents Are AWESOME FOSTER PARENTS. My Sons Timothy and Kyden has God Driven Foster Parents. Timothy Foster Mom works with Autism kids in Georgia and Alabama so she is a wonderful Foster Mom for him and I want him to stay there till he comes home. He loves her. The Foster Mom that has Keenan and baby Kahlyn Now are Nice People too. I just needed to clarify this for their sake. It is the Actual Dhr that is causing the problems mainly caseworker in all of it.

I hope everyone BLOWS all the representatives phones up with complaints on this!!! Unbelievable!!!! If this is true (I know there are 2 sides) and the social worker did place her hands on this child, she should be charged to the highest extent of the law along with loosing her job. Her superiors should also be held responsible for her actions as well. This just blows me away how people get on power trips. Ok now that my BP is up... It's time to make a change.

How sad. Praying for your family!

you need a lawyer someone who can fight your case I had a caseworker like that many years ago I got a good lawyer he torn her up in court got my babies back tho

People need to understand that the incentives for DHR are to take children. If they ever leave a child and later it ends up being a dangerous situation and they made a mistake, they are in trouble and lose their job maybe (about the only time a government worker can lose their job). But if they take a child, and after an exhaustive investigation parents deserve the child back, well then they were being "better safe than sorry", and its "for the children" anyway don't you know? And NOTHING will happen to the DHR worker who mistakenly takes children.

I want through the same thing and it is not easy its not going to get easier, i'm still currently in the fight for my 3 children, and it has been the longest 3 yearof my life. My hearts go out to each of you everyday. the best advice i can give keep ur head up and keep going never stop ( there's going to be days that giving up seems like the only thing you can do) IT'S NOT!!!!!. Your not alone we are here fighting with you every good parent that had a child taken away for simply no reason at all. I am even fighting the judge that was payed off in my case and its hard but WE do it for them, our kids, our last bit of hope!!!!

Wow my heart pours out to this family. It just makes me sick that dhr is putting that family through such a nightmare and for what. God doesn't like ugly. And those dhr case workers will get theirs soon enough. I'm praying for that family because it's devastating that the state of Alabama could watch that family fall apart. And tramautize those kids. Who do they think they are? How do they even sleep at night? I feel sorry those kids. And dhr workers you are pathetic. If you would spend more time worrying about children who are really being neglected and less time picking on a good family. You might actually could be trusted to do your job. It sounds like that they are doing wrong in their own lives and want to watch someone else suffer. Dhr is nothing more than a joke. They are always taking kids and putting them into foster care, when the parents haven't done anything wrong. I guess it makes them look macho. Like they have athuority.

Mary bissell thank u for Alabama stations and everything else. Thank all of u for everything. I know about fightcps.com. Heartbreaking stories from Amy Nixon and so many more I had tears falling whole time. i don't know what I will do if my babies don't ever get to come home I pray they will soon! Dhr has said no funding stem available they are crooked and liars. Wow I did not notice the blue eye thing and Caucasian play till someone through it in here. It does make u wonder. I miss and love all my babies and it's killing me inside to think one might go missing one day and school or foster system won't know and they drown like boy in New York. Sometimes I wish Jesus would come Now take me and my whole family to heaven and all Christians and kids so This H--l would be over for everyone on this earth! Contact Randolph county dhr Alesia McFarlin caseworker 2563573000 is the office and her direct office number is 2563572928 and 2563573024 there is a new supervisor there ask for her too. Also ask also for the director tell them how they are doing their job wrong. Call the Montgomery office too above in news article 3342421310 and 3342421780 plus there is another lady in Montgomery Teressa Monon 3343535807 she has talked to me before but before u call read my page Bring back home the 7 Cartee kids u will see stuff recent happening make sure u tell them. Not allowing but two more visits canceled yesterday's. Roads were clear to travel too. She has face timed my sister in law caseworker has while she was obviously doing her dirty deeds at night at 430 in am which I thought was just insane.

https://www.change.org/p/robert-fincher-robert-bentley-gerald-dial-reunite-a-family-misjustice-within-dhr?recruiter=239260641

Any person in authority (whether it is a Judge, Governor or state/federal represenative) who is unwilling to put a stop to the proceedings in this case and demand a full investigation into the unconscionable carnage being heaped upon this family by state actors (who are obviously willing to go beyond the meaning and intent of the law to persecute and destroy an entire decent family rather than work to help them remedy any real or imagined deficits) needs to be considered suspect and investigated to learn what motivation the might have for such derelection of duty. We are wll aware the money flows freely and there have been cases where corruption is an issue at the highest level of governance, there is no reason not to suspect it could not be an issue in this case since the actions taken this far are so blatantly over the top and driven by ulterior motives. At this pint I would be asking the president of the US for an intervention and getting the people from the ADA involved up to their eyebrows, because what CPS is saying is no parents should be allowed to raise their own autistic children in their own home without facing government forced extinction of the entire family. This is wrong on so many levels it screams for a lawsuit even before it is concluded.