• Chicago Lurie Children's Hospital Takes Baby Away From Family for Seeking a Second Opinion

When Lakisha Tanna's infant grandson was transferred to Lurie Children's Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, she thought that he was in the best place he could be to receive the care that he needed for his medical condition. She never dreamed that this choice would eventually result in her adorable grandchild being what she terms "medically kidnapped" more than a year later. On March 12, the family faces a hearing to determine whether Malik, now 2 1/2, will be able to return home to his grandparents who love him, or forever become a ward of the state of Illinois.

Read full story...

• Chicago Lurie Children's Hospital Takes Baby Away From Family for Seeking a Second Opinion

I believe that we have the right to doubt of some medical examinations, and we should be able to have some sort of verification or someone else's opinion to bolster our final decision. I was looking for a solution to this problem and I found this company that provides a "second opinion." It is ironic since the name of the company is Second Opinions. I contacted the company and they gave me a 15% discount with the code "wellness". The code is available to everybody. I am satisifed with the results. The website is secondopinions.com

I came so close to losing my daughter after she stayed in a Children's Hospital for several days due to a concussion she had from a playground accident. I will NEVER take a child to a Children's Hospital ever again or allow one to be transferred to one.

Anyone know what happened with this?

The States Attorney's are snakes, The paid Authorities to harm the minorities...... Fight with the power of God

See facebook page: Op Expose CPS . The group Anonymous is now DEMANDING FBI investigation into CPS. There are planned dates for phoning, faxing and emailing, and a nationwide call to protest on June 5. They are 100,000,000 strong, worldwide. Please go to the Facebook page: Op Expose CPS.

I couldn't believe what i was reading. I was in a similar case years ago with my child when she was just 6 weeks old. They threatened me not to go to the press, and ten years later I read this. I am glad you shed light on this as im sure most could not. My prayers are for you and your family. and remember.....exhaust EVERY resource you have to keep fighting.

This has been a very HEARTBREAKING

I just wanna thank everyone who shared thier story. I was planning to take my son to this hospital (was one of the reasons we moved to Chicago). My son has a mild brain injury and cerebral palsy, we were looking for a nerologist... But god is good. Thank you all for shining the light on this institution. I'm praying we get Malik home to grandma safely.

I would never take my chilren to that hospital if they was on their death bed.

My prayers are with the family. My daughter was born with the cord around her neck cause a lack of blood supply to her intestines. It's seem the only crime here is lack of health insurance. And a heartless employees who love to see the signature in ink on pages of blood. Why are these children minority? Is it because they believe we lack the education and ability to fight the system. I've been a nurse for 40y. I encourage family to actively participate in their children medical care. Praying that the judge see through this blackmail and robbery of a child for financial gain of the hospital. I hope they sue the hospital and the people involve. Please continue to fight for your grandson. Even if the courts rule against you. You are his voice and lifeline to a happy future.

This story is 100% true and happened to me a year ago I had my preemie twins there! They tried everything in the book to take my babies from me. Making up lies saying, I never came to the hospital to visit my babies. That same social worker, Joanne, continued to called my phone and harass me. I had just given birth via cesarean section 7 days prior and they told me " It's our expectation we have for all moms, to spend 24hrs a day at the hospital, so we can make sure you are fit to provide adequate care as the twins transition to home!" I told them "I can barely walk, I've just given birth you can't have that expectation when my OB wants me to rest and gives me at least 4-6 weeks to completely heal." They had no interest in hearing that I was in pain and couldn't come. They made it seem as if I was neglecting my babies because I didn't come visit them every SINGLE day. They continued to make up excuses why my babies couldn't come home. Their policy was the twins can leave the hospital if they do not experience any heart rate drops for 7 days. They kept lying saying "oh, twin A had a heart rate drop right after you left, and twin B had two heart rate drops over night. " That prolonged their stay so they could have more time to try and take my babies from me! I was so outdone when a neonatologist stood in my face and told me "it's not the law that you come and spend 24hrs at the hospital, but technically, we don't have to to everything we do for your babies either. "The law" says we can let them lie there and when they start to die, we can give them a little oxygen and pat them in the back" It wasn't until my mom got wind of this story, and immediately called her attorney. The attorney went to the hospital and told them he was slapping the hospital with a lawsuit. After a 2 and a half month stay, all of a sudden I get a call, saying my babies can come home from the hospital! They were magically free of any heart rate drops! I got my babies out of there and never looked back. I didn't even send them a "thank you" card for taking care of my babies. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE, moms, be very careful and aware of this hospital. I would never take my babies there again!!!!! *praying for this family, I know first hand what they are going through. It is the absolute worst!

I went through something similar to this.my son had the same medical problems ..after all the tests for 10 months doctors encouraged me to take my son off the breathing machine mind you after back to back mistakes made bY nurses...they made it seem like it was no other outcome

Has anyone noticed that so many of the hospitals involved in medical kidnapping are a "Children's Hospital"? Perhaps we need to be avoiding those "Children's Hospital Foundation" fundraisers, like the Ice Cream Socials at Albertson's, etc. I strongly suspect these funds are used for these very evil human child medical studies. Of course they will always have the money they need to keep moving forward, but why should WE support them? As parents and guardians, we must be very wary of any "Children's Hospital" located anywhere in the U.S. of A., and avoid supporting their foundation fundraisers!

How about let's yelp about this. I was also told that if I declined the vitamin K shot or the silver for the eyes that Lurie would report me to CPS. If expectant mothers knew this hospital was out to get kids into the system they would never have their children there.

This has been going on for years, and it is evil, despicable, and just plain sickening.

Medical experiments on the American people is not new and certainly experimentation on children is not new. If you want to see how egregious this practice is check out this website: Secret US Human Biological Experimentation-http://www.apfn (dot) org/apfn/experiment.htm. So many facilities that housed mentally ill and basically cast away people have been shut down the mad scientist no longer have access to endless people to experiment on-especially children. Children are easy to "abduct" because all a authority like a doctor, nurse, social worker has to do is say 'Manchurian by proxy, child abuse, sexual abuse, drugs in the family etc, the state now days will swoop in the snatch the children/child out of the parents arms. 10-15 years ago state workers

Send OUR baby home! It's so sad to see the families go through this stressful situatio....may God see you all through this.

Social workers and these doctors better start hiding their identities.....one day they going to mess with the wrong dad and I will have no sympathy for them.

I tweeted to @GovRauner and @Repevans33. Also the @Suntimes. I don't think Sen Trotter is on twitter. In AZ, at least, there's a bill, HB 2283 by Kelly Townsend, that would help combat medical kidnapping. Anyone who wants to help support it, please go here: https://amiracle42sisters.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/urgent-now-or-never/

I would not take my dog to that hospital. It needs to be shut down